Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Tour de France 2017

Comments

• Options
    really loved yesterday's stage, all the top contenders battling it out amongst themselves and a french winner. not something you see that often, they should throw in a few more 100k stages
  • Options
    Just passed Albi...went there last year, lovely town, impressive cathedral and old town centre.
  • Options
    rina said:

really loved yesterday's stage, all the top contenders battling it out amongst themselves and a french winner. not something you see that often, they should throw in a few more 100k stages

Definitely! I think the Vuelta showed the way for this - brutal stages to soften them up, with shorter, explosive stages to get the GC action going. Yesterday's stage was brilliant.
  • Options

Just passed Albi...went there last year, lovely town, impressive cathedral and old town centre.

I'm there for the MAMIL world champs in August. Looks absolutely beautiful - I'm driving down, so I'll get to see a lot of the countryside as well (albeit briefly)
  • Options

I'm there for the MAMIL world champs in August. Looks absolutely beautiful - I'm driving down, so I'll get to see a lot of the countryside as well (albeit briefly)
    Love driving in France...well most of it.
  • Options
    Froome back in yellow.
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

Froome back in yellow.

Dunno if Aru didn't have the legs after his efforts the other day or he just tactically messed it up. Good intelligent ride by Froome.
  • Options
    DRAddick said:

stonemuse said:

Froome back in yellow.

Dunno if Aru didn't have the legs after his efforts the other day or he just tactically messed it up. Good intelligent ride by Froome.
    Think he messed it up but I agree it was a good ride by Froome
  • Options
    What's the lead please?
  • Options

What's the lead please?

19 secs
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cheers. Barring injury should win again.
  • Options
    Balls - I didnt watch because I thought it'd be a straight forward stage!!
  • Options

It's the Tour ... you can never be sure :wink:
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

It's the Tour ... you can never be sure :wink:
    Deserved slapped wrist there!! :)
  • Options
    Yeah that finish has baffled me... Why Aru wasnt on Froome's wheel then I'll never know!!... He wont ever win the Tour with that approach!!
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Today's stage ends in Le Puy En Velay....home of the Puy Lentil. It's a magical town which has 3 volcanic pillars that thrust skywards above the old terracotta roofs of the town centre....each pillar is crowned with ecclesiastical land marks (though the campsite wasn't that great Le Puy was/is a great place to spend a few days). Sorry not massively into cycling so can't really comment on the technicalitys of the tour (though enjoy reading the comments on here)...but I do really enjoy watching the Tour De France....though it's Pirates day down here so will have to catch up with the highlights later today....or tomorrow.
  • Options

Today's stage ends in Le Puy En Velay....home of the Puy Lentil. It's a magical town which has 3 volcanic pillars that thrust skywards above the old terracotta roofs of the town centre....each pillar is crowned with ecclesiastical land marks (though the campsite wasn't that great Le Puy was/is a great place to spend a few days). Sorry not massively into cycling so can't really comment on the technicalitys of the tour (though enjoy reading the comments on here)...but I do really enjoy watching the Tour De France....though it's Pirates day down here so will have to catch up with the highlights later today....or tomorrow.

I believe the end of the stage is near where Bardet comes from so he will want to do well.
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

I believe the end of the stage is near where Bardet comes from so he will want to do well.
    I'm sure the race officials will do their best to help him :-)
  • Options
    Should be a very interesting ride today.
  • Options
    interesting to see that Dave Brailsford thinks that Aru may have lost yellow on purpose (but probably dropped more time than planned) and that Aru's domestique Michael Valgren was clearly pleased when told about it immediately after the finish
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Tony Martin is bonkers lol
  • Options
    But his hair is nice after using Alpecin.
  • Options
    Froome could be in trouble here!
  • Options
    He is in trouble.. big trouble
  • Options
    Bad day for Froome so far. Looks like he's struggling and has no support.
  • Options
    Froome is pretty much out of GC contention at the moment... Really impressive from AG2R, is this the year France finally get a winner - If so it'll be a shame after water bottle gate!!
  • Options
    French need to piss off booing Chris Froome!!!
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Great job to get back Chris... Now lets see what happens!! - Would love to see him now attack lol!
  • Options

Great job to get back Chris... Now lets see what happens!! - Would love to see him now attack lol!

Incredible how he got back.
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

Incredible how he got back.
    Shows how strong SKY are!!