Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CARD STATEMENT: assemble at 11am for major demo prior to last game v Swindon (Sunday, April 30th)

Comments

• Options
    JamesSeed said:

Essex_Al said:

Essex_Al said:

JohnnyH2 said:

Essex_Al said:

JohnnyH2 said:

Essex_Al said:

The "club" will arrange for a load of cars to be parked under the big badge - in order to cordon-off the protest assembly area.

Just be mindful that the area you are intending to gather in is normally reserved for our disabled supporters to park
    In the same way the protest at the Burnley game allowed the ambulance into the car park, I'm sure the organisers would not allow disabled fans not to be able to park in their normal spaces
    I wasn't suggesting for one minute that they would, just simply pointing out there are numerous wheelchair users that park their cars under the badge in the area you are planning to gather.
    Are you suggesting I will be there? How do you know this?
    Give it a rest mate, I don't give a shit whether you're there or not!
    Instead of under the badge, can you park your motor outside The Royal Oak for a change and get us a beer?!
    You're round!

And it's you're turn to buy the drinks :wink:
    Ho do you know he's round?
    Had a pint with him on more than one occasion, though to be fair, I'm just as bad!
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    JohnnyH2 said:

Essex_Al said:

JohnnyH2 said:

Essex_Al said:

JohnnyH2 said:

Essex_Al said:

The "club" will arrange for a load of cars to be parked under the big badge - in order to cordon-off the protest assembly area.

Just be mindful that the area you are intending to gather in is normally reserved for our disabled supporters to park
    In the same way the protest at the Burnley game allowed the ambulance into the car park, I'm sure the organisers would not allow disabled fans not to be able to park in their normal spaces
    I wasn't suggesting for one minute that they would, just simply pointing out there are numerous wheelchair users that park their cars under the badge in the area you are planning to gather.
    Are you suggesting I will be there? How do you know this?
    Give it a rest mate, I don't give a shit whether you're there or not!
    So when you said I was planning to gather there you were 100%wrong
    Jeeeez! Is it you're time of the month?
  • Options

out of interest do you think there will be a pitch invasion????

no, cant afford the fines and the points deduction
    I meant after the game like last year
  • Options
    will be there to voice my 'opinion'.
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    I'll be back, with all my family and mates that have boycotted this year. We've already got tickets in the upper north. As we discovered, after that game last season, the upper north has better pitch access than the lower north ;-)
  • Options
    The amount of pints @ElfsborgAddick will get bought he may miss ko!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'll be back in the UK on the Friday and was already planning to take part in any protest. West Lower seems like a plan now.

If you need a hand @cantersaddick looking after that flag, let me know. I'll be refreshed enough to deal with any car park attendants who might think they can overstep the mark. All the while maintaining a perfectly happy-go-lucky and legal stance.
  • Options
    Love you guys... GIVE HIM HELL!!!
  • Options
    TelMc32 said:

I'll be back in the UK on the Friday and was already planning to take part in any protest. West Lower seems like a plan now.

If you need a hand @cantersaddick looking after that flag, let me know. I'll be refreshed enough to deal with any car park attendants who might think they can overstep the mark. All the while maintaining a perfectly happy-go-lucky and legal stance.

Yes I think thays the best stance to take. I doubt they'd be stupid enough to use those 4 again or to go around taking people's legal flags off them this time...

Stewards do seem a bit more confident in the west lower than they do in the north upper for instance. So if anyone sees any steward trying to confiscate anything on any protest day the best thing is to surround them with people asking polite questions about whether they any real allowed to do so!
  • Options
    What's the betting Katrien doesn't turn up?
  • Options

What's the betting Katrien doesn't turn up?

Or leaves at half time.
  • Options

TelMc32 said:

Yes I think thays the best stance to take. I doubt they'd be stupid enough to use those 4 again or to go around taking people's legal flags off them this time...

Stewards do seem a bit more confident in the west lower than they do in the north upper for instance. So if anyone sees any steward trying to confiscate anything on any protest day the best thing is to surround them with people asking polite questions about whether they any real allowed to do so!
    I don't think the normal stewards would be the issue, it's the blue bib 'special' guys that can be a bit difficult I've heard. I don't think they particularly like polite people surrounding them with questions and filming their actions much.

Camera phones are the friends of a peaceful protest.
    Indeed. Stig and his son did this well when they went for my flag at the Coventry game. The more filming and questioning the better.
  • Options
    Hope this remains peaceful. but can't see it.

There will doubtlessly be some drinking on an empty head who will take it too far and try to get into the directors box again. Who will shout, swear and abuse all and sundry in that general direction. Who will refer to those not protesting as "scabs" again.

Tensions are likely to be high in any case because Swindon aren't likely to be in a good place and aren't happy with their owners either.

Really hope common sense prevails and people don't go too far. Roland won't be there. Potential investors might be.

I just want this poxy season to finish
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Swisdom said:

There will doubtlessly be some drinking on an empty head who will take it too far and try to get into the directors box again. Who will shout, swear and abuse all and sundry in that general direction. Who will refer to those not protesting as "scabs" again.

Tensions are likely to be high in any case because Swindon aren't likely to be in a good place and aren't happy with their owners either.

Really hope common sense prevails and people don't go too far. Roland won't be there. Potential investors might be.

Yeah cos every protest so far hasn't been impeccably organised
  • Options

Will the Fanackapans be there ?

Is the Pope Catholic ?

We have seats in the West Lower as per my birthday "present" from our club......so I'll be up close & personal with Katrien.

Like FF, I have my birthday "present" from the club, so our whole gang will be there.
  • Options
    3 tickets purchased in the West Lower. First time at The Valley since the Coventry game.
  • Options
    Sadly I'm in Bilbao for the weekend. Planned long ago. I shall hold my own demo outside the Athletico Bilbao or Real Sociedad stadiums, maybe both!
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    WSS said:

Swisdom said:

Nobody tried to get in the Directors box when a demo happened there and most people were clapping the group and agreeing with them. Including many in the Directors box itself.
    They did. They left a child in the Directors box crying his eyes out because of their behaviour too. I was branded a scab because I wasn't spitting bile at the owners too. I was there with my 3 year old son.

All i'm saying is I understand the protests will happen but hope people don't go over the top.

My statement still stands - prospective owners are more likely to be there than Roland