Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CARD STATEMENT: assemble at 11am for major demo prior to last game v Swindon (Sunday, April 30th)

Comments

• Options

I assume if the sale is announced before this match, the CARD protest would be called off. Or even better, turned into a celebration.

Wishful thinking mate!
  • Options
    Who's that Q and A going to be with?
  • Options
    aliwibble said:

Who's that Q and A going to be with?

CAST
  • Options
    DA9 said:

There is no way on this earth, that if any sale/deal has been completed before Swindon game that it would be announced, he/she would not allow us an opportunity to lord it over them, specifically her, for 90 minutes.

True.
    She's going to have a face like a smacked arse for 90 minutes anyway.

Can't wait.
  • Options
    Protest all you like but be careful what you wish for. Any takeover without the ground will not last long. You need solid assets to raise money to fund a football team in any league. Remember the club has almost gone out of business too many times in recent years.
  • Options
    Crusty54 said:

Protest all you like but be careful what you wish for. Any takeover without the ground will not last long. You need solid assets to raise money to fund a football team in any league. Remember the club has almost gone out of business too many times in recent years.

Are you suggesting we sit back and watch the club die a slow death?
    Or will it all be better if those irritating protesters would just go?
    Do you favour sticking with Duchatelet?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    seth plum said:

I am a willing buyer.
    I simply require money.

Think that's the same for most of us, Seth.
  • Options

Crusty54 said:

what a wish for when it comes to Charlton is for us to get a new owner who is a fan who buys the club and the ground. He then appoints Powell as manager. we over haul pretty much the whole team during the summer. we storm up the leagues with every player coming from south east London or North Kent. We win the premier league, the champions league, the Fa cup, the League cup and the Kent cup all within the next 5 possibly 6 years. oh and during all this the seat next to me at the Valley will never be occupied because i like to stretch out.
    Do we win against Millwall?????
  • Options

Crusty54 said:

what a wish for when it comes to Charlton is for us to get a new owner who is a fan who buys the club and the ground. He then appoints Powell as manager. we over haul pretty much the whole team during the summer. we storm up the leagues with every player coming from south east London or North Kent. We win the premier league, the champions league, the Fa cup, the League cup and the Kent cup all within the next 5 possibly 6 years. oh and during all this the seat next to me at the Valley will never be occupied because i like to stretch out.
    Do we win against Millwall?????
    Come on the is wishful thinking and then there is downright absurdity !!!
  • Options
    Ticket sorted & will be there for the protest. My family would get the ump with me if I sat in the West Stand because they are giving me a lift to the match so I'll be in the family stand for the game sorry.

2nd game of the season, hopefully the team will turn up after they didn't for PC Palmer MK Dons.
  • Options

regarding the whole flare/smokes/pyros everyone was quite happy when they were used last year, and as for the sofa legally it is criminal damage, but again its okay because its for the protest, personally i couldnt give a shit about any of it, but i've said before standing around with a placard saying roland out doesnt do nothing, i hope the game is heavily disrupted/abandoned and on the pitch protest takes place, i wonder if they will have the nets up again.

edit; couldnt give a shit about flares or damage as long as no one is injured.

No damage and no flares has to stay legal theres a line which should not be crossed.
  • Options

regarding the whole flare/smokes/pyros everyone was quite happy when they were used last year, and as for the sofa legally it is criminal damage, but again its okay because its for the protest, personally i couldnt give a shit about any of it, but i've said before standing around with a placard saying roland out doesnt do nothing, i hope the game is heavily disrupted/abandoned and on the pitch protest takes place, i wonder if they will have the nets up again.

I personally, would only take part in a legal protest and certainly wouldn't tell other people how to behave in such instances; each to their own.

I assume you will be the first on the pitch and the first to lead a level of action to get the game abandoned.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Thought they were a bit dull myself.
  • Options
    Ticket bought, West Stand Block F, bring it on. #wewantourcharltonback
  • Options
    Hopefully the fan sofa will be reinstated.
  • Options

the cheapskate baldy gang are in A but very mobile.
  • Options

the cheapskate baldy gang are in A but very mobile.
    Davo and co will be in block A too - well, that's what the tickets say anyway.
  • Options

No damage and no flares has to stay legal theres a line which should not be crossed.
    And last season was numerous smoke bombs and the fan sofa got destroyed?, everyone was quite happy with that
  • Options
    PeterGage said:

I personally, would only take part in a legal protest and certainly wouldn't tell other people how to behave in such instances; each to their own.

I assume you will be the first on the pitch and the first to lead a level of action to get the game abandoned.
    You wouldn't tell people how to behave yet are saying I should be the 1st on the pitch and the 1st to lead to the game being abandoned?, because I'm hoping that an on the pitch protest takes place.
  • Options

And last season was numerous smoke bombs and the fan sofa got destroyed?, everyone was quite happy with that
    CARD didn't organise the flares.

And the sofa wasn't "destroyed" either. The cushions were ripped up. Again, CARD didnt call for attacking the sofa.

No one is telling you what to do but if you want more "radical" action then it's reasonable for people to ask if you will be leading or at least participating in such action.
  • Options
    @Henry Irving i know they didn't organise them, but equally didn't see them condoned afterwards, same as on the pitch i think a lot of fans would but go for it but knowing charlton we would have cctv stills on here and grassing up people who did get a bit more radical, out of interest why isn't there any footage of the Burnley protests on the card youtube uploads?.