Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CARD STATEMENT: assemble at 11am for major demo prior to last game v Swindon (Sunday, April 30th)

1121314151618»

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2017
    clb74 said:

clb74 said:

clb74 said:

clb74 said:

mogodon said:

Being one of Card's biggest supporters even I have to admit today was a bit lame, esp in light of what Orient did yesterday.

I don't get what the 'head to the west lower' accomplished or what the aim was??!

My main problem with heading to the Lower West was I was too close to Robinson and so had to watch his antics, plus he blocked half the pitch whenever he emerged from the dugout.

I did get to see him smirk at the supporters as he had to walk through a load of balloons, after which he shook his head and quite deliberately trod on a couple. When the first goal was scored he oozed out of the dugout to turn to the directors' box pumping his fists. A good run-in ought not to disguise his massive failings.
    A good run in? Remind me who did we beat? An already relegated Swindon, a close to relegated Gillingham, an already relegated Chesterfield. Wow, what an achievement. Now where did I put that season ticket form?
    So you rather us lose the last 5 games then
    Did I say that? No. Stop being a knob. The last five results don't prove him a good manager, far from it, just show we beat some very shit, some already relegated, teams.
    No you didn't large but it was a good end to the season
    Couldn't have been any worse that what had gone before though. Don't let the last few results fool you. You can't polish a turd.
    Large I'm not polishing anything.
    But we won 4 of our last 5 result wise that's pretty good.
    My own view is all season we've not looked much better than anyone else , but no one's looked that much better than us.
    I said on another post we would finish season top on current form, and complete ineptitude for the rest of season would be hidden. We can most likely afford to lose a couple, get some kids in and still walk the leauge next season !

We have been crap all season, with only fleeting minutes of ever looking like a good side. We can't score, and beating some relegated sides and others struggling, can not change that. Wholesale changes are required. In my view that includes KR who has done nothing to convince me he can get us out of this leauge.
    Evening Ralph
    Will disagree with you slightly on this.
    Managed to get to 9 away games this season in 3 of these games a few home fans of each club said we were the best they've played this season.
    2 or 3 aways I didn't attend sheff United and Scunthorpe a few others said we looked decent.
    As I've said though even the 3-0 wins we've had this season I don't think we were that much better than the other teams.
    We were great at Bradford....best I've seen us all season......again a game we should have comfortably won. We tore them to pieces at times, yet came away with just a 0-0 draw.
    Bradford were flying at the time and their fans were very complimentary about us I remember.
    How we failed to score remains a mystery........I really thought we were going to kick on after that game but sadly it wasn't to be.
  • Options

clb74 said:

clb74 said:

clb74 said:

clb74 said:

mogodon said:

Being one of Card's biggest supporters even I have to admit today was a bit lame, esp in light of what Orient did yesterday.

I don't get what the 'head to the west lower' accomplished or what the aim was??!

My main problem with heading to the Lower West was I was too close to Robinson and so had to watch his antics, plus he blocked half the pitch whenever he emerged from the dugout.

I did get to see him smirk at the supporters as he had to walk through a load of balloons, after which he shook his head and quite deliberately trod on a couple. When the first goal was scored he oozed out of the dugout to turn to the directors' box pumping his fists. A good run-in ought not to disguise his massive failings.
    A good run in? Remind me who did we beat? An already relegated Swindon, a close to relegated Gillingham, an already relegated Chesterfield. Wow, what an achievement. Now where did I put that season ticket form?
    Did I say that? No. Stop being a knob. The last five results don't prove him a good manager, far from it, just show we beat some very shit, some already relegated, teams.
    Couldn't have been any worse that what had gone before though. Don't let the last few results fool you. You can't polish a turd.
    My own view is all season we've not looked much better than anyone else , but no one's looked that much better than us.
    I said on another post we would finish season top on current form, and complete ineptitude for the rest of season would be hidden. We can most likely afford to lose a couple, get some kids in and still walk the leauge next season !

We have been crap all season, with only fleeting minutes of ever looking like a good side. We can't score, and beating some relegated sides and others struggling, can not change that. Wholesale changes are required. In my view that includes KR who has done nothing to convince me he can get us out of this leauge.
    Evening Ralph
    Managed to get to 9 away games this season in 3 of these games a few home fans of each club said we were the best they've played this season.
    2 or 3 aways I didn't attend sheff United and Scunthorpe a few others said we looked decent.
    As I've said though even the 3-0 wins we've had this season I don't think we were that much better than the other teams.
    We were great at Bradford....best I've seen us all season......again a game we should have comfortably won. We tore them to pieces at times, yet came away with just a 0-0 draw.
    Bradford were flying at the time and their fans were very complimentary about us I remember.
    How we failed to score remains a mystery........I really thought we were going to kick on after that game but sadly it wasn't to be.
    Yep Bradford was one of the games sound
  • Options
    clb74 said:

clb74 said:

clb74 said:

clb74 said:

mogodon said:

Evening Ralph
    Our last five games of the season papered over the earthquake sized cracks.

Although tbf the teams we played were very strong!
  • Options
    Best away of the season, Bolton by a landslide.