Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    I've had a busy few days and not been on here and there are over 1000 new posts on this thread! Have I missed anything noteworthy?
  • Options
    SexyDave said:

I've had a busy few days and not been on here and there are over 1000 new posts on this thread! Have I missed anything noteworthy?

Nope!!
  • Options
    SexyDave said:

Not due anything noteworthy until page 993
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    So this IS........... MIGHT BE probably isn't the week!
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    cfgs said:

So this IS........... MIGHT BE probably isn't the week!

To have been correct you could have added month, year, decade or millennium :-)

• Options

I am firmly in the James seed and grapevine camp. From some of the comments I get on my blog which are supportive of Duchatelet you really wonder about the intelligence of some of our fellow supporters . Anyway- my point is this . I buy and sell companies for a living and if I was keen to buy a business that lost £7 to £10m a year with a keen seller - apart from needing my head testing - I would be keen to wait until it was either in administration or as close to administration as possible. If I was the Aussies or indeed any other bidder I would be playing this out as long as I possibly could without completely damaging the asset.
    I would want to pay the previous owner as little as possible and preferably nothing because it’s completely wasted money.
    My negotiating strategy would be to delay as much as possible without completely pissing of the seller whilst continually chipping and nickel and diming the deal.

But Charlton will not be going into administration whilst RD owns us, unless he wishes to write off the debt to himself and lose the lot.
    I understand that but the other party would want to push as far as possible because Roland is between a rock and a hard place.
    He really isn't though: he's just getting richer at a slightly slower pace.

And is probably also writing off loses against whatever tax he would otherwise pay in Belgium. He's also mad. He probably believes another Lookman will be along some time soon to contribute an eight-figure sum to the coffers to partially offset the costs of running the club.
  • Options
    This week is the week........ it's gonna happen........1000 pages bring it on !
  • Options
    Given the in-fighting, complete crap and silly puns on this sadly, out-dated, thread - I have reverted to only scanning for posts by @""Airman Brown" , @Redhenry , @JamesSeed and (reluctantly) @DOUCHER ... in the hope of actually learning something about the impending takeover...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2018
    cafc-west said:

Given the in-fighting, complete crap and silly puns on this sadly, out-dated, thread - I have reverted to only scanning for posts by @""Airman Brown" , @Redhenry , @JamesSeed and (reluctantly) @DOUCHER ... in the hope of actually learning something about the impending takeover...

Come a join #TeamWIOTOS
    We only wait for it to be 'official' on the site
  • Options

Saturday nights shenanigans was your version of fighting amongst yourselves in the stands.

#ourWembley
  • Options

Saturday nights shenanigans was your version of fighting amongst yourselves in the stands.

I bet a few of them had flat caps and string vests on whilst sitting in front of their keyboards :smile:
  • Options

I bet a few of them had flat caps and string vests on whilst sitting in front of their keyboards :smile:
    I'd like to think that my modern man look hasn't yet made it's way over to SE7.
  • Options
    It was only a shame that some had to wire their beards on.
  • Options
    h

Just caught up and read most of the comments...fucking hell, is this what its come too? Having a pop at each other over who has the best info.

No sides taken i should add.

I think i speak for most people when i say the shirty comments have got to stop. We are all hoping for the same end result so is all this bitching really worth it?

If its a British lot..great or if its the Aussies...great. We all just want RD gone.

Personally i enjoy hearing all info. Gets the imagination thinking of a brighter future!

Hope there is a development this week as J Block mentioned though, would be nice for the team to have a solid foundation instead of it all up in the air!

Christ mate, if you think this thread is bad for people having a pop at each other, get over to the latest Jeremy Corbyn one.

I can confidently predict a queue of people lining up in the Makro car park before the day is out.
  • Options

And/or anorak or cagoule
  • Options

h

Just caught up and read most of the comments...fucking hell, is this what its come too? Having a pop at each other over who has the best info.

No sides taken i should add.

I think i speak for most people when i say the shirty comments have got to stop. We are all hoping for the same end result so is all this bitching really worth it?

If its a British lot..great or if its the Aussies...great. We all just want RD gone.

Personally i enjoy hearing all info. Gets the imagination thinking of a brighter future!

Hope there is a development this week as J Block mentioned though, would be nice for the team to have a solid foundation instead of it all up in the air!

Christ mate, if you think this thread is bad for people having a pop at each other, get over to the latest Jeremy Corbyn one.

I can confidently predict a queue of people lining up in the Makro car park before the day is out.
    To be honest, I try to avoid the political ones. I hear it on the news and in everyday life.

Prefer my Charlton Life experience to be (mostly!) sports based with some funny threads (best lie, drunken stories!)

Saying that, I am curious now, lunchtime reading maybe? Haha
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    3blokes said:

Come on, guys, I vote we all give it another week, and if nothing happens we’ll go and start our own society. :smile:

Did everyone go nuts last week? Did I miss it?

• Options
    edited June 2018
    cafc-west said:

Given the in-fighting, complete crap and silly puns on this sadly, out-dated, thread - I have reverted to only scanning for posts by @""Airman Brown" , @Redhenry and @JamesSeed and (reluctantly) @DOUCHER ... in the hope of actually learning something about the impending takeover...

Fixed that for you.
  • Options
    Big news inbound this week.

Roland won't have a leg to stand on when it comes to holding up the price if he keeps selling players off.

(It's confirmation of the Bauer move I have heard about)
  • Options

Let’s see I said about the Aussie farm £100 to upbeats if in 12 months we have not had an influx of Australian players into the squad and mgmt team after 12 months

JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

See there’s one thing I don’t like about the Aussie model and that is that it is too similar to the RD Belgian dream but using Australian links to fulfil our quota of players

All signs that the Australian consortium do not have the required pool of cash to help us regain a decent foothold in divisions higher than we currently are

You don’t know what the model is. They’ve already said it’s not going to be an Aussie nursery club.

Which you accept could just be spin?

This ex director is briefing him against the Aussies, and he's going along with it without proof. Dont you tbink that's different from me repeating what they say, because there's no third party in between , putting their own spin on it.
    No, I think it's exactly the same, anyone releasing info is only doing it to benefit their own cause.
    NLA's source releasing anti Aussie info with an agenda isn't the same as the Aussies stating their intentions. I'm sorry, it just isn't.
    But how do you know it's anti-Aussie stuff info, rather than the truth? His contacts have been more accurate than anyone else's, are you sure it's not that that's annoying you? Clearly something is.

You can’t handle the truth a great actor once said

I think this is the same
    I think you mean ‘a well known bearded playwright.’

Don’t leave us James x.
  • Options
    _MrDick said:

As the weathers nice, think I’ll get the Barbie out later #TeamWIOTOS

Don’t forget Ken, but for goodness sake don’t invite Action Man, he can’t handle his drink on a hot day.
  • Options
    cafcfan said:

_MrDick said:

As the weathers nice, think I’ll get the Barbie out later #TeamWIOTOS

Whatever floats your boat.

This would be the Interactive Hello Barbie I assume?

Sorry cafcfan, you beat me to it.
  • Options
    Sale of Charlton:
    The War and Peace of Threads.

"We can only know, that we know nothing"

"The strongest of all warriors are these two:
    Time and patience.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!