Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options

Surely, with their stated plan, the Aussies have a large pot of money. That pot would be divided into 3 sections:
    A: The money to buy the club (£25m - £50m)
    B: The money to run the club (circa. £1m a month)
    C: The money to fund transfers for the stated promotion ambitions

B is pretty much set in stone, there are things you can do to try to raise revenue and/or lower costs, but it's not going to make a massive difference, especially in the short term.

Therefore, the most sensible route is to try and minimise A to maximise C. Now the complications with the EFL may have shrunk the overall pot (there's zero proof of this, but lets play that game anyway), in which case C shrinks and the pressure to minimise A is higher.

When it is stated that the Aussies don't have the money, that is clearly false. That they may not want to spend as much on A as Roland wants is almost certainly true. The question is, will Roland lower A (through desperation to get out, sale of assets or some sort of leasing arrangement) to a point where the Aussies are happy that it won't impact on C and the ability to meet their stated aims.

Sounds like RD is trying to help with A by settling with ex-directors, as he has realised he's not going to sell the club for his ridiculous overvaluation.

@Airman Brown you've now stated the British party interest is legitimate. A few questions on that to anyone with knowledge.

1. Why are they so quiet / why have they not been aggressive in trying to outdo the Aussies?
    2. Do the Aussies have a period of exclusivity over the British bid?
    3. Why did RD not mention them in the statement last Wednesday?
  • Options
    even IF funding is proved by Friday a completion date of mid July leaves us up a creek without a paddle, without a boat even, unless RD sanctions signings/appointments before completion. IF funding isn't found and this mysterious other party enters the fray then we will start the season with Roland in charge still and that is unpalatable so my mantra is Go Aussies !!
  • Options
    So this week could be summed up as 'Shit or (dare I say) bust?' (No reference to statue intended) :smile:
  • Options
    Summary please ... just the facts ... I can't keep up.
  • Options

Chizz said:

It's quite simple. Either you know what binary means or you don't.

Nope still don’t
    Binary mathematics is fundamental to the digital world, and of course that includes charltonlife.
    In fact there would be no charltonlife without it.
    Google it.
  • Options

Surely, with their stated plan, the Aussies have a large pot of money. That pot would be divided into 3 sections:

B is pretty much set in stone, there are things you can do to try to raise revenue and/or lower costs, but it's not going to make a massive difference, especially in the short term.

Therefore, the most sensible route is to try and minimise A to maximise C. Now the complications with the EFL may have shrunk the overall pot (there's zero proof of this, but lets play that game anyway), in which case C shrinks and the pressure to minimise A is higher.

When it is stated that the Aussies don't have the money, that is clearly false. That they may not want to spend as much on A as Roland wants is almost certainly true. The question is, will Roland lower A (through desperation to get out, sale of assets or some sort of leasing arrangement) to a point where the Aussies are happy that it won't impact on C and the ability to meet their stated aims.

Sounds like RD is trying to help with A by settling with ex-directors, as he has realised he's not going to sell the club for his ridiculous overvaluation.

@Airman Brown you've now stated the British party interest is legitimate. A few questions on that to anyone with knowledge.

1. Why are they so quiet / why have they not been aggressive in trying to outdo the Aussies?

all very good questions. Maybe they are not in a position, yet, to get involved. For example, if Mike Ashley were interested he needs to dispose of Newcastle first but is keeping an eye on the situation. Or maybe the Aussies are the preferred bidders but if they drop out then the other party can step in.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

I chose this site because it was above the forum bashing of the others. Would be nice if we could keep it that way.

I agree entirely, but I was alerted by someone here about some disgusting things being said about me on there, by some weirdo who's banned from here and ittv, has never met me, and knows nothing about me. He has a thing about someone here, who he believes is my best mate (he's my second best mate). I had to defend my name, and tried to do so. But some of his mates come here occasionally and have a pop ar me, and I'm not the sort of person to take it lying down. I really enjoy this forum and the people on it, so don't want to quit.
    Don’t quit.
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    WIOTOS is a fine assessment,
    But for me until I see the James Seed prediction site say August 15th or another vacant date,
    @Douchebagiamoutofhere I won't believe it.
  • Options

even IF funding is proved by Friday a completion date of mid July leaves us up a creek without a paddle, without a boat even, unless RD sanctions signings/appointments before completion. IF funding isn't found and this mysterious other party enters the fray then we will start the season with Roland in charge still and that is unpalatable so my mantra is Go Aussies !!
    Also, what's the point of a Spanish tour without a squad/new signings? Would be like the Irish one under Parky.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    That piece does seem to confirm my suspicion that many of the delays have been from the Aussie side and not Roland.

This second bidder is mysterious, we know little about them, and why are they second bidders, and what does that mean? Were they offering less, is their bid less attractive to the club than the Aussie bid?
  • Options
    I'm sure the Aussie group are the only group deluded enough to be prepared to pay 40M , if the British group does exist they will only come forward if the Aussies drop out and the offer will be a lot lower. This could mean it could drag on for months. I hope the Aussies can do the deal and pay Roland as little as possible and leave more money left over to invest in the club. But if Roland was still to own The Valley that will be a disaster. The ex directors should hold out for full payment and the money should be paid by Roland not the Aussies , it's his mess
  • Options
    I suspect Roland is saying to Bowyer in regard to Lennon and Bauer that he has Sarr, and someone like Blumberg can step up if necessary.
  • Options
    Ferryman said:

Also, what's the point of a Spanish tour without a squad/new signings? Would be like the Irish one under Parky.
    Not sure young Charlton players going to Spain is a good idea at present, but I must admit the trip my son and I did to Mijas on the costa del sol was a fun trip 4 years ago(Big Bob had just taken over) even if the vol au vent Queen had to send us directions when we got lost in the Mijas hills and Joe Pigott's dad kindly gave as a lift back to our resort on the coast. (Saving a cab and bus ride)
  • Options

This thread contains some of the finest prose since Thomas Hardy.

I think his best work was with Stan Laurel.
  • Options
    edited June 2018

all very good questions. Maybe they are not in a position, yet, to get involved. For example, if Mike Ashley were interested he needs to dispose of Newcastle first but is keeping an eye on the situation. Or maybe the Aussies are the preferred bidders but if they drop out then the other party can step in.
    If it's Ashley we're relying on and the Aussies do drop out we're stuck with Roland for a fair while yet. He is nowhere near selling Newcastle. May not be him of course.
  • Options

That piece does seem to confirm my suspicion that many of the delays have been from the Aussie side and not Roland.

This second bidder is mysterious, we know little about them, and why are they second bidders, and what does that mean? Were they offering less, is their bid less attractive to the club than the Aussie bid?
    I think the delays come from both sides. Roland asking too much to begin with, the Aussies not wanting to pay that, especially when he sold Konsa and Lennon with possibly more to follow, and now RD delaying it by trying to pay off ex-directors.
  • Options

I think the delays come from both sides. Roland asking too much to begin with, the Aussies not wanting to pay that, especially when he sold Konsa and Lennon with possibly more to follow, and now RD delaying it by trying to pay off ex-directors.
    The article does indicate that the Aussies had agreed a price, but that an investor dropping out (due to the EFL tests) meant that they were struggling to meet it now.
    There is some evidence to suggest that at least one investor was forced to drop out as a result of the EFL’s fit and proper person test, which in turn has hindered the group’s ability to meet a previously agreed valuation.
  • Options

The ultimate paradox - the football club that itself became a football.

And Welling in 12 days ....
  • Options
    No info but it’s looking to me like this will now fall over. Good that there is someone waiting in the wings but if the Aussies don’t meet the Friday deadline I think the best we can hope for is a sale in January.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    So, it sounds as if we’ll find out on Friday just who has the biggest willy. Naturally, I’m out of the running on this one ... #TeamWIOTOS
  • Options
    _MrDick said:

So, it sounds as if we’ll find out on Friday just who has the biggest willy. Naturally, I’m out of the running on this one ... #TeamWIOTOS

You don't know that. There might not be much competition out there.....
  • Options
    _MrDick said:

Is the biggest willy contest the prize for reaching 1000 pages?
  • Options
    edited June 2018

It's likely that either the amount offered was not as much as the Aussies or possibly that the Aussies were in a more favourable position to proceed. It's nice to know that there is a back up should the Aussies not managed to get the deal over the line.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Big news inbound this week.

Roland won't have a leg to stand on when it comes to holding up the price if he keeps selling players off.

(It's confirmation of the Bauer move I have heard about)

not true, he's going nowhere
  • Options

So just so I am clear and this is not meant in an any sort of annoying way

Everything I said on sat is now being reported to AB and posted

So I had no agenda @Grapevine49 @JamesSeed I was merely posting what I had heard

Deadline this week

RD trying to remove debt

If successful and the debt was removed to help aid Aussie take over a lease back was being discussed

If not the Aussies have to find clear funds by this week

British consortium are reviewing situation and ready to step in

Now I guess that makes me not a liar not trouble Maker for anyone

Apologies accepted in advance

Well said that man.
  • Options

So just so I am clear and this is not meant in an any sort of annoying way

Everything I said on sat is now being reported to AB and posted

So I had no agenda @Grapevine49 @JamesSeed I was merely posting what I had heard

Deadline this week

RD trying to remove debt

If successful and the debt was removed to help aid Aussie take over a lease back was being discussed

If not the Aussies have to find clear funds by this week

British consortium are reviewing situation and ready to step in

Now I guess that makes me not a liar not trouble Maker for anyone

Apologies accepted in advance

Are you Richard Murray?

Actually you don't have to answer that, i've seen a photo of you in recent training on the boxing thread!
  • Options
    10.5 pages to go.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!