Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    8 pages
  • Options
  • Options
    1000 pages 'sale of Charlton' will generate an oxymoron.

Bitter sweet.

(98% bitter + 2% sweet)
  • Options

If the price is 40m, why did the saudis not get 40.5m accepted? Or was the price more then?

No idea, but I imagine it was RD dicking around as usual.
  • Options
    Eight
  • Options

I heard the second group is Red Bull and they want to move us to a brand new 'Pot Noodle Arena' on the peninsula.

Weird. I heard the second group is Pot Noodle who want to move us to the Red Bull Arena on the peninsula.
  • Options
    @Airman Brown I've read your latest VOTV article and it's given me some hope if I've understood it correctly. Can you reassure me please?

- it only needs one ex director to refuse the debt to be cleared by RD and he can't lease out the Valley

- the ex-directors can refuse to have the debt paid (this bit I don't get)

Thank you
  • Options

Cawley tweeting that we are now going away on a pre-season tour, imagine this means the takeover is even further away :(

I think it's just that Roland has been watching The Pure Hell of St. Trinian's and it's given him another brilliant idea...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Scoham said:

b

So just so I am clear and this is not meant in an any sort of annoying way

Everything I said on sat is now being reported to AB and posted

So I had no agenda @Grapevine49 @JamesSeed I was merely posting what I had heard

Deadline this week

RD trying to remove debt

If successful and the debt was removed to help aid Aussie take over a lease back was being discussed

If not the Aussies have to find clear funds by this week

British consortium are reviewing situation and ready to step in

Now I guess that makes me not a liar not trouble Maker for anyone

Apologies accepted in advance

What you said was useful and it seemed fair to acknowledge that, but you made a big thing about the Aussies wanting to lease the ground because they don’t have the money. I’m hearing it’s the opposite way round, with RD looking to impose it on them.
    Impose it on them unless they prove they have the funds to buy 100%?
    Or blame them and use the situation to try to lever the ex-directors to take a deal so he can get a long-term rental income.
    What's the delay with the British consortium then? Now that we accept they exist.
    It’s a bloody good question Tbh and one I don’t know the answer too
    I heard that one of the people involved in the British consortium is still involved in another Club. But I could be lying, who knows?
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

I heard there is no second bidder (as of last week)
    and the interested party don't want Murray anywhere near it

How there can there be no second bidder, if there is a second interested party?

Are are they just an interested party at this stage?
  • Options
    I still don't believe another buyer exists. It's just Roland trying to put pressure on the Aussies.
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

I heard there is no second bidder (as of last week)
    and the interested party don't want Murray anywhere near it

How are you distinguishing "second bidder" and "interested party"?
  • Options
    edited June 2018

@Airman Brown I've read your latest VOTV article and it's given me some hope if I've understood it correctly. Can you reassure me please?

- it only needs one ex director to refuse the debt to be cleared by RD and he can't lease out the Valley

Thank you

As I understand it the ex directors cannot refuse FULL repayment of their loans and that RD had tried to cut a deal or he was not prepared to satisfy the repayment terms as per the debentures. Therefore a lease on the Valley cannot be granted without ALL the debenture holders agreement.
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    being dyslexic i might be wrong but aint they different words ?
  • Options

being dyslexic i might be wrong but aint they different words ?

They are and it's my take on it.
  • Options
    How many times has it changed now? I've lost count.
  • Options
    I only believe this thread is at 1000 pages WIOTOS.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

How many times has it changed now? I've lost count.

four I think but who knows
  • Options

Thank you

One would be enough to block a lease, if he chose to do so, but they can’t refuse 100 per cent repayment.
  • Options
    It’s not gonna happen ... is it
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

Thank you

As I understand it the ex directors cannot refuse FULL repayment of their loans and that RD had tried to cut a deal or he was not prepared to satisfy the repayment terms as per the debentures. Therefore a lease on the Valley cannot be granted without ALL the debenture holders agreement.
    Thank you @RedChaser

So if Roland did pay out according to the repayment terms he could lease the Valley?

What's a debenture?
  • Options

Thank you

If the dept to the ex directors is offered in full they cannot refuse.
    It's only if they are offered less than they are owed that they can do this.
  • Options
    sammy391 said:

It’s not gonna happen ... is it

The Welling friendly?
  • Options
    So Swisdom saying no second bidder and Airman saying there is.
  • Options

Only one way to settle this.....
  • Options

Last week I was told there is one bid on the table. It’s from the Aussies. No other ‘bids’

There may be other interested parties but they hadn’t bid last week

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!