Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Mayweather vs McGregor

Comments

• Options
    edited June 2017
    PaddyP17 said:

Who the fuck granted McGregor a boxing license?

California State Athletic Commission - Nevada State Athletic Commission refused him a licence because he had an outstanding $60,000 fine which I assume he must have paid as the fight is now in Vegas.

It's far easier than it should be to get a licence.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

PaddyP17 said:

California State Athletic Commission - Nevada State Athletic Commission refused him a licence because he had an outstanding $60,000 fine which I assume he must have paid as the fight is now in Vegas.

I did actually know this, more of a rhetorical question. Horrible horrible decision making, just like when - for some reason - Freddie Flintoff was granted a license.
  • Options
    Yer this hits the nail on the head for me.

I'm away on a stag weekend in Amsterdam that weekend, and I'm wishing we'd plumped for Dublin.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    i will be in dublin for the fight but have no idea what time it will be on?
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:

bobmunro said:

PaddyP17 said:

I did actually know this, more of a rhetorical question. Horrible horrible decision making, just like when - for some reason - Freddie Flintoff was granted a license.
    Difference being that Flintoff fought a couple of nobody's.
    McGregor is fighting one of the all-time greats.
  • Options

PaddyP17 said:

bobmunro said:

PaddyP17 said:

Difference being that Flintoff fought a couple of nobody's.
    McGregor is fighting one of the all-time greats.
    Difference being that McGregor has had professional fights, Flintoff was a complete combat sport amateur.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    It's a circus act, but I'll buy (by which I obviously mean 'illegally stream') a ticket.
  • Options
    Farce
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Big_Bob said:

Farce

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQcium20Cdk

The fight between American boxer Muhammad Ali and Japanese professional wrestler Antonio Inoki was held at the Nippon Budokan arena in Tokyo on June 26, 1976
  • Options
    Inoki is a legend. 番. Ali wasn't too bad either.image
  • Options
    First press conference yesterday, expected trash talking was pretty amusing. Mayweather obviously got the hump about it as they cut McGregor's mic so he couldn't talk back. Can't remember seeing Floyd looking so wound up. McGregor also turned up in a suit that had pinstripes created out of text saying 'FUCK YOU'
  • Options

McGregor also turned up in a suit that had pinstripes created out of text saying 'FUCK YOU'

Stay classy San Diego.

• Options
    edited July 2017
    Can't get at all excited about the 'fight' but i, like many others, will certainly take a keen interest in the pre match trash talking. Will no doubt be more entertaining than a few rounds of dancing
  • Options
    sets mcgregor up for life, if he wants to stop fighting, personally i think its a bit of a farce but if fans are prepared to spend there money on it then why not.
  • Options
    Mayweather traded out to 1.25 on betfair now 1.18-1.19
    Surely that is buying money
  • Options
    £80 million for a club level boxer, the sporting world should be embarrassed.
  • Options
    Press conference was a shambles. Mayweather knows he can't get into a back and forth shit talking with him on the mic's.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

£80 million for a club level boxer, the sporting world should be embarrassed.

I have it on good authority that all participants in the Tour de France are going to down tools due to sheer embarrassment.

Rightly so as well. They should be ashamed of themselves.
  • Options
    Details are still to be confirmed but the fight will be a pay-per-view event, organised by Showtime Sports.

The price has not been decided, though it is expected to be at or near the $99.95 charged for Mayweather's 2015 fight with Manny Pacquiao that drew a record 4.4 million pay-per-view buys.

anyone paying that should also go and shut themself in a dark dark room.
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    McGregor - "The movement, the power, the ferociousness, he hasn’t seen it before."

Ah I see, so Manny, Oscar, Canelo and Ricky (to name but a few) were really only fairground fighters?

McGregor is a clown (and so is Mayweather) so it's a circus act rather than a sporting event. I would love to see Mayweather knocked out but of course it isn't going to happen.

Do I view the 'fight' with contempt? Yes. Will I pay to watch it? Yes!!
  • Options
    will be a kodi box job for me.
  • Options
    Will the rematch be a UFC affair?

• Options
    Going to the Press Conference on Friday at Wembley. Not sure what to expect.
  • Options

Details are still to be confirmed but the fight will be a pay-per-view event, organised by Showtime Sports.

The price has not been decided, though it is expected to be at or near the $99.95 charged for Mayweather's 2015 fight with Manny Pacquiao that drew a record 4.4 million pay-per-view buys.

anyone paying that should also go and shut themself in a dark dark room.

Seriously? $100? I'm ideologically opposed to illegal streams but now I'm conflicted. I almost want to watch a dodgy version of this pantomime on principle
  • Options
    @McBobbin that is stateside but when itv are trying to pump out tripe like chris eubank jnr vs abraham ( eubank is a 1/8 shot)

for £17.95, why wouldn't people choose streams of the illegal variety.
  • Options
    Croydon said:

Total and utter waste of time.

Mayweather destroys him in the ring, McGregor in the octagon. Don't get all the excitement over a farcical exercise that does nothing more than line their respective pockets.

I'd be more inclined to pay the PPV figure if they competed on neutral ground, ten pin bowling for example.

This.