Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Mayweather vs McGregor

1171819202123»

Comments

• Options
    A lot of people seem to complain and talk about how bouts like these are making a mockery of the sport, yet do not get the irony that they are feeding into the hype by just discussing it.

Oh......is that so.🤔
    Ha ha, I'd rather not see it, but also I fully understand that it gets people talking whether they like it or not which is a win for them.

I feel if it didn't generate this sort of debate it would mean that it was not even on people's radar. But the fact that this thread has been one of the most active today shows that it is. 
  • Options
    A lot of people seem to complain and talk about how bouts like these are making a mockery of the sport, yet do not get the irony that they are feeding into the hype by just discussing it.

Oh......is that so.🤔
    Ha ha, I'd rather not see it, but also I fully understand that it gets people talking whether they like it or not which is a win for them.

I feel if it didn't generate this sort of debate it would mean that it was not even on people's radar. But the fact that this thread has been one of the most active today shows that it is. 
    Everyone here is in agreement that these fights are a joke. The only debate here is around your point about whether or not people talking about how shitty the whole affair is feeds into the hype. Personally I don’t think that’s the case, because nobody here is going to read this and then spent money on watching this garbage. 
  • Options

Oh......is that so.🤔

It's a bit like when a really shit advert comes out, so shit that everybody starts talking about it. And someone says, well it's done it's job, people are talking about it. But it hasn't really, because it's degraded the company that put it out, because it's so shit.
  • Options
    I'll watch it purely to see if one of two people I really dislike (on camera, don't know them personally) potentially get a good slap.

Won't be paying for it, though.