Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Mayweather vs McGregor

Comments

• Options
    If I was to guess I would say €20 million. Money a UFC fighter can't turn down. It will be Mayweather promotions with haymon and showtime ppv. Mcgregor could sell salt to a slug that's what he does. He is a promotional dream. It all makes financial sense.

I personally wouldn't pay a penny but most boxing fans pay enough. Put Mayweather in an octagon and their rules I think it trebles but we know that would never happen. Shame.
  • Options
    Done deal.
    Personally think Floyd @ 1/10 is printing money
  • Options

Done deal.
    Personally think Floyd @ 1/10 is printing money

Yep, will be like buying money.
  • Options
    26th August, Las Vegas
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Weird one.

I get it's a huge earner but Mayweather is minted anyway, why have that as the 50-0?
  • Options
    Because $$$
    Nothing more, nothing less

Fight expected to generate $600million
    Crazy
  • Options

Because $$$

Crazy

I get that, and it makes complete sense from McGregor's point of view, but Mayweather is worth hundreds of millions.

Easy fight, easy pay day I guess.
  • Options

Because $$$

Crazy

I get that, and it makes complete sense from McGregor's point of view, but Mayweather is worth hundreds of millions.

There is that and there have also been rumours that Floyd has pissed away a hell of a lot of money.

I don't agree with the fight but you have to say McGregor has played an absolute blinder. An amateur boxer signing a multi million dollar deal for your first and most likely only fight. As I said before it's an absolute nonsense but I'll be watching this freakshow.
  • Options
    I was think more Mayweather anyway Neil. He will get the lions share of the pot. And there's only 1 thing Floyd likes more than making money. Spending money.
  • Options
    Complete circus. Embarrassing
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Absolute joke fight. The build up to this will be unbearable. I can't stand either of them Hope it's a double ko!
  • Options
    Two blokes who both act like absolute c***s who only are capable of talking about how much money they're earning - bore me later.
  • Options
    buckshee said:
    He should be in sales (I guess he sort of is).
  • Options
    Imagine the millions of mug punters who will cough up readies to watch a bloke have his first ever professional boxing match - madness.

Worth remembering that UFC is basically a pay TV and online sport ONLY - and yet its primary competitor has been able to stroll into a $100 million boxing bout.
  • Options

Imagine the millions of mug punters who will cough up readies to watch a bloke have his first ever professional boxing match - madness.

Worth remembering that UFC is basically a pay TV and online sport ONLY - and yet its primary competitor has been able to stroll into a $100 million boxing bout.

and then there are those with sportsmania that won't have to cough up.
  • Options

Because $$$

Crazy

Exactly. If you were one of the best boxers of all time and someone offered you about 300 million to fight a guy who's never had a pro fight before what would you do?
  • Options

Think people are being a bit boring about it tbh, it doesn't make you some fight expert to say it isn't a fair match up. It will have a good build up and it's pretty obvious Mayweather should win this fight.

Based on all these posts I want to see every single person who is calling it a farce with a max bet on Mayweather to win, every bookies if you are that sure about it.

I personally believe McGregor has a chance, minimal but I wouldn't write him off completely in a boxing ring against Mayweather. Mayweather wouldn't last 20 seconds in the octagon on the other hand, so at least McGregor will actually go on Mayweathers terms.

I am looking forward to it and don't see it as a freakshow at all, hope you cheer up lads

If Conor wins it would be the biggest upset in the history of boxing. His odds won't be ridiculous due to Paddy's backing their man and bookies covering their risk. You could add another 0 to the odds together a more realistic figure.

As for boring, some of us are into sport not the circus that Conor brings.
  • Options

Just to be a pedant. UFC isn't a sport, it's a promotion and it isn't pay TV only.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    McGregor is gonna get the white knocked out of him.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

colthe3rd said:

Just to be a pedant. UFC isn't a sport, it's a promotion and it isn't pay TV only.
    I don't get the online comment either
  • Options

colthe3rd said:

I don't get the online comment either
    Well they do stream some stuff that's only on fight pass.
  • Options
    personally would of prefer to of seen connor have another ufc fight, he has done a lot for the sport and i dont blame him for making as much as he can, but this fight is ridiculous.
  • Options
    If they were both allowed to grapple id watch. They aren't. So I won't.
  • Options
    McBobbin said:

If they were both allowed to grapple id watch. They aren't. So I won't.

Floyd probably beats him at grappling too.
    Brown belt. Lolz!
  • Options
    This will be Mayweather's first win inside the distance since Ortiz in 2011. Hate to jump on the bandwagon but it's an exhibition, not a competitive fight
  • Options
    The cynic in me suggests the two of them will have a plan worked out so this fight seems close. McGregor despite what he'll say publicly, will know he has no chance and i don't imagine he'll want the embarrassment of being knocked out in the first round.

The pre-fight build up and trash talk will definitely be more entertaining than the actual 'fight'
  • Options
    Who the fuck granted McGregor a boxing license?
  • Options
    Anything other than McGregor getting absolutely embarrassed would be a huge shock.