Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Managerial sackings, comings and goings

Comments

• Options
    Tim "win percentage" Sherwood.
  • Options
    Sherwood and Robinson should team up!!

Every press conference we'd get to hear how they found Kane and Alli
  • Options
    Hasn't managed for 3 and a half years, and was woeful in his last role at Villa. 

What can the QPR owner see that we can't?
  • Options
    Hasn't managed for 3 and a half years, and was woeful in his last role at Villa. 

Think it was the Peterborough Chairman who was interviewed for a BBC article about the process of Managers being hired

Whoever it was said that sometimes these owners see the Mark Hughes or Tim Sherwood from their playing days, remember how good they were then and are unable to resist appointing them - Of course if they did some proper research the playing version of the player compared to their managerial version can be VERY different
  • Options
    It's key that you interview as many candidates as possible within two hours and then appoint whoever the owner suggests.
  • Options
    My QPR mate said Bowyer been linked with them
  • Options
    Gammon said:
    My QPR mate said Bowyer been linked with them
    2nd fav ATM
  • Options
    Plenty of other more obvious options than Bowyer, Mark Warburton and Gary Rowett are both available, while Gareth Ainsworth is a former QPR player and may feel that he's taken Wycombe as far as they can realistically go
  • Options
    Plenty of other more obvious options than Bowyer, Mark Warburton and Gary Rowett are both available, while Gareth Ainsworth is a former QPR player and may feel that he's taken Wycombe as far as they can realistically go
    Ainsworth is a very good shout
  • Options

No compensation to pay another club ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Rochdale Football Club is delighted to announce that Brian Barry-Murphy has been appointed as the Club’s new first team manager on a two-year contract.

Barry-Murphy has taken charge of first team affairs since the departure of Keith Hill and Chris Beech last month, securing an impressive eight points from an available 12 whilst at the helm, with the team having won two and drawn two under his stewardship. 

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2019/april/manager-announcement/

• Options
    He will continue to be aided by Lee Riley, while Tony Ellis will remain in his dual role of Academy Manager and First Team Matchday Observational Coach. Steve Collis, Callum Jones, Ross Jones and Andy Thorpe remain a strong part of Barry-Murphy’s backroom staff. 

Never heard of that job title before! And why do Rochdale have so many backroom staff anyway?
  • Options
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47838777

Walsall sack Dean Keates after their loss to Oxford today. Another L1 struggler hoping a new man will keep them up
  • Options
    Think Pulis will be shown the door this week.
  • Options
    iaitch said:
    Amazed he's still there. Their football has been dire all season and they average less than 1 goal a game at home. Steve Gibson is certainly loyal.
  • Options
    iaitch said:
    Amazed he's still there. Their football has been dire all season and they average less than 1 goal a game at home. Steve Gibson is certainly loyal.
    Before the last 6 games weren't they still 4th though?

Terrible run though, think that'll do for him.
  • Options
    iaitch said:
    Tbf it's in the football rule book that Middelsborough shall score very few goals.
  • Options
    In all my years watching I've never known Middlesbrough to be a flamboyant team.
  • Options
    iaitch said:
    In all my years watching I've never known Middlesbrough to be a flamboyant team.
    Weren't bad that season they reached the UEFA Cup final, they had some decent games/comebacks along the way. But yeah in general you're pretty much correct.
  • Options
    Juninho/Ravenelli etc team was exciting.  Went down, mind.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    iaitch said:
    Amazed he's still there. his football has been dire for all time and they average less than 1 goal a game at home. Steve Gibson is certainly loyal.
    Corrected it for you :-)
  • Options
    Juninho/Ravenelli etc team was exciting.  Went down, mind.
    They were ok when Gazza was there. 
  • Options
    Michael Appleton deserves a chance at QPR. The ayes to the left have it.
  • Options
    Michael Appleton deserves a chance at QPR. The ayes to the left have it.
    Better credentials than Tim Sherwood certainly...
  • Options

Alex McLeish has left his position as Scotland head coach by mutual consent.

The 60-year-old took on a second spell in charge in February last year but has been under pressure because of recent poor results and performances.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47767790

• Options
    Great timing!!... Why didnt they sack him straight after the San Marino game giving themselves three months to prepare for the next round of games in June

They've wasted a month by keeping McLeish and will no doubt waste more time as they look for someone who isnt quick enough to come up with an excuse for turning it down
  • Options
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48012827

Robbie Fowler appointed manager of Brisbane Roar. I wonder how long he will last...
  • Options
    See that he's replaced Josh Aloisi as Manager

Probably the one Striker name that'll stick with me from my youth - Will never forget how he turned us down for Coventry
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Didn't he punch one of our players and get sent off once too?

John Aloisi that is, not Robbie Fowler.