Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Declan Rudd SIGNS! (Season long loan. Confirmed)

Comments

• Options
    Swisdom said:

dizzee said:

Are people getting confused between Rudd and Ruddy?

Norwich fans seem to wish we were taking Ruddy (the one in the England squad) over Rudd (the one now in the Charlton squad)

That's excellent news
    But then that's as much because John Ruddy is shit rather than anything else.
  • Options
    You could argue then that we have the best keeper in the division, the best centre back if we sign Pearce and the best striker.
  • Options
    Valley11 said:

You could argue then that we have the best keeper in the division, the best centre back if we sign Pearce and the best striker.

But three players maketh not a squad. It's depth that has screwed us. We've had some very good individuals over the last few years but no depth to account for injuries / suspensions
  • Options
    When I saw his photo, I thought we had signed Billy Bragg for a horrible moment.
  • Options
    CatAddick said:

Valley11 said:

But three players maketh not a squad. It's depth that has screwed us. We've had some very good individuals over the last few years but no depth to account for injuries / suspensions
    But then again all good teams are build around a spine.

I actually think Crofts is going to be a real coup aswell.

But you are right - we do need to add to the general depth of the squad - but you have to say the addition of Pearce would be a real signal of intent when added to the existing recruits - all of whom should be amongst the better players in the division.
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

CatAddick said:

Valley11 said:

But then again all good teams are build around a spine.

I actually think Crofts is going to be a real coup aswell.

But you are right - we do need to add to the general depth of the squad - but you have to say the addition of Pearce would be a real signal of intent when added to the existing recruits - all of whom should be amongst the better players in the division.
    Absolutely! I'd love to have the best GK/CB/M/S in the division to build around - but will any of them play 50+ games in the season (with cups)? I don't want to hear any of this 'can only play 11 at a time' nonsense.

As you say, signal of intent but let's see where we are at the end of the month on size/quality.
  • Options
    Splodge said:

Swisdom said:

dizzee said:

Norwich fans seem to wish we were taking Ruddy (the one in the England squad) over Rudd (the one now in the Charlton squad)

That's excellent news
    Couldn't agree John Ruddy is shit.
    Seen him a few times and he's a very good keeper that occasionally blunders.
    Not sure if its been mentioned that Dean Kiely is Norwich City goalkeeper coach.
  • Options
    FAVADDICK said:

The independent are stating that we are thinking of putting in £150'000 bid for mark Gillespie aswell as brining in Rudd so Gillespie would be back up which would see Phillips go out on loan to Cheltenham

Sing: "Team full of goalies, we're just a team full of goalies. Team full of goooooaaaaaaalies" etc.
  • Options
    Crofts will be a good signing
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    vffvff
    edited August 2016
    If Rudd needs to practise dealing with high crosses & aerial work, he is going to get plenty of opportunity to practise for that in League One.
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited August 2016

Splodge said:

Swisdom said:

dizzee said:

That's excellent news
    Couldn't agree John Ruddy is shit.
    Seen him a few times and he's a very good keeper that occasionally blunders.
    Not sure if its been mentioned that Dean Kiely is Norwich City goalkeeper coach.
    Hope that Rudd is not being paying attention to Dean Kiely's tips on goal kicking !

Dean Kiely was a brilliant shot stopper, great character and pretty good in the air but I remember his goal kicking being pretty wayward at times.
  • Options
    Swisdom in his post (page 6) made the very good point that a keeper must be decisive - if he doesn't know whether he's coming out or not for a cross, neither do his defenders.
    Kiely knew crosses were his weakness and stayed on his line, and his defenders knew that too and would command the area - so no indecision and confusion between keeper and defence.

As Rudd's coach at Norwich, Kiely would have impressed that decisiveness on him.
    I like the lad's attitude and feel that he'll contribute to a good team spirit.

• Options
    A good keeper can save you a goal a game. But when you regularly concede 3 it's still a bit of an issue...

Good move for him, gets him some great career experience and more or less guaranteed 46 games... Some of the most impressive keepers have been at awful clubs. They become more important then...
  • Options
    Did Dean Kiely only play in London derbys?
  • Options
    Did Rudd have an outsourced medical? I always worry about the fitness of our signings. I just hope he isn't injured now or any time soon.
  • Options

Oggy Red said:

Swisdom in his post (page 6) made the very good point that a keeper must be decisive - if he doesn't know whether he's coming out or not for a cross, neither do his defenders.
    Kiely knew crosses were his weakness and stayed on his line, and his defenders knew that too and would command the area - so no indecision and confusion between keeper and defence.

As Rudd's coach at Norwich, Kiely would have impressed that decisiveness on him.

These were the days:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_P2mk3rZ84

They certainly were. What a team!
  • Options
    Hope Rudd settles in quickly. Thought we was making another signing today?.
  • Options
    Just spoken to a very good friend who is a Norwich season ticker holder and has been all his adult life (he is now mid 50's). He says Rudd is a bloody good keeper and wished they had kept him at Carrow Rd, also asked about Thompson and once again he said he was a good youngster who will make it at the top in the fullness of time. He did say that with Rudd a move to us will be good for him and get him game time and Thompson needs regular game time to help him improve tactically.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Oggy Red said:

These were the days:

They certainly were. What a team!
    3.55. Kiely, Parker, Rufus all together. What days they were.
  • Options
    Who's the goalkeeper coach at Norwich.. Not sure it's been mentioned on here yet.
  • Options
    dizzee said:

Who's the goalkeeper coach at Norwich.. Not sure it's been mentioned on here yet.

Yea Deano! !
  • Options
    Cheers Deanooooo
  • Options
    John Ruddy's just done his groin and had to be replaced at half time by McGovern over at Norwich. Bet Rudd is kicking himself as he has goals pelted past him by Cheltenham and Northampton. Poor sod.
  • Options
    Why?

Mcgovern was brought in over him
  • Options

Liked his interview. Definitely not a Bertie big bollox and just appears to want to get games and not too big an ego to mind dropping back into the third tier.

I'm very pleased with this signing.

agreed and he spent a good deal of time chatting to the fans over the advertising boards after the cup game, so respect for him there too from me and those that witnessed it.
  • Options

John Ruddy's just done his groin and had to be replaced at half time by McGovern over at Norwich. Bet Rudd is kicking himself as he has goals pelted past him by Cheltenham and Northampton. Poor sod.

Interesting given that the loan rules posted on another thread here said the club loaning a keeper had the right to recall at any point if they were unable to field 2 keepers in their squad I beleive...
  • Options

Oggy Red said:

These were the days:
    I'd give you a 100 likes for posting that video if only I could.

What wonderful memories to think back on during these dismal times.

We will be back. Someday.
  • Options
    From Dr Kish.

One of the first decisions Karl Robinson will have to make is whether to bring in another keeper.

First choice, Declan Rudd, is currently sidelined with‎ a hip injury, and he is unlikely to be fit until the New Year.

Dillon Phillips has impressed since coming in for the Bristol Rovers game, and spent last season on loan at Cheltenham.

But behind him, there is a desperate lack of experience. Dimitar Mitov was on the bench at Bristol Rovers. Mitov is a Bulgarian Under-19 international, but he was overlooked for Saturday's game with Sheffield United.

Jordan Beeney was hurriedly recalled from Greenwich Borough on Friday to take Mitov's place on the bench.

Beeney is just 18-years-old, and if Phillips was to pick up a knock, it seems unlikely that new manager, Karl Robinson, would risk starting either of his two young keepers in a League One fixture.‎

If Phillips was unavailable, the Addicks would almost certainly be given special dispensation to bring a keeper in on loan.

But with the busy Christmas period just around the corner, Robinson may prefer‎ to bring in a free agent keeper as back up.

Keepers of the ilk of Chris Kirkland, Steve Simonsen and Lenny Pidgely are all currently unattached, but Robinson could go for a lower profile keeper.

Ian McLoughlin spent four years with MK Dons, making 26 a‎ppearances between 2011 and 2015.

McLoughlin also made 6 appearances for Walsall and 12 for Newport, during loan spells with the clubs.

The 25-year-old Dubliner appeared 10 times for the Republic of Ireland's Under-21 side, so would be ideal to cover for Phillips.

Robinson knows McLoughlin well from his MK Don's days, and if he does decide he to bring in another keeper, McLoughlin may well be in his thoughts. ‎