Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Declan Rudd SIGNS! (Season long loan. Confirmed)

Comments

• Options
    What's best for Phillips development, 46 games in league 2 or cup games for us. I would loan him out but worried if mitov is number 2
  • Options
    Buzz kill.

Having said that we are sooo going to get battered this season (note in the extremely unlikely event we are in the auto promotion or play off places I will be happy to be reminded of this post).
  • Options

T.C.E said:

I not sure if sure if I should pleased or not when we have Charltons very own "Ant & Dec" in positions of responsibility, but welcome to the asylum Declan Rudd. ;)image

Redhenry said:

Being completely honest, couldn't care less. You have no ambition if you plump the team up with loans, if we could go into the season with 11 players - they would. We won't go up, we will hit a huge wall with our first few injuries, it will be almost unrecoverable.

Glass half full?

I really don't like this c@@t
    Don't hold back
  • Options

One swallow and the deluded think summer is here.
    This is no longer my Charlton, fishing for reluctant loan signings and not ready for the season ahead on 2 August.
    Let us look at the glass and realise it is not half empty but the dregs are sliding down the glass as Roland has drunk his fill on our sales at under value.
    Time to repent at your leisure but a goalkeeper does not make an 11 man team

I'm quite happy to accept the rose -tinted views of those who believe that the glass is at least half full.

Sadly, however, it's a mixture of slops, cleaner from the pipes and sweepings out of the ashtray....

Given the competence of the regime, what's the betting Rudd has his leg broken in a collision with Johnson before the end of August?

But then, that's just me, relentlessly positive.
  • Options
    Surprisingly good signing. Can't quite fathom why Norwich are letting him go and why he can't get a better destination than us. Doesn't quite add up. But maybe it's just natural to be suspicious of anything decent that happens to us at the moment.
  • Options

One swallow and the deluded think summer is here.
    This is no longer my Charlton, fishing for reluctant loan signings and not ready for the season ahead on 2 August.
    Let us look at the glass and realise it is not half empty but the dregs are sliding down the glass as Roland has drunk his fill on our sales at under value.
    Time to repent at your leisure but a goalkeeper does not make an 11 man team

Sounded like he wanted to come to Charlton to me my friend!

I would also be amazed if he does not start on Saturday, so I would say he is ready.

Or is it now we have actually signed a keeper and a good one at that, it makes it harder for you to have a moan?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The independent are stating that we are thinking of putting in £150'000 bid for mark Gillespie aswell as brining in Rudd so Gillespie would be back up which would see Phillips go out on loan to Cheltenham
  • Options

Surprisingly good signing. Can't quite fathom why Norwich are letting him go and why he can't get a better destination than us. Doesn't quite add up. But maybe it's just natural to be suspicious of anything decent that happens to us at the moment.

From a Norwich supporting friend (ST holder for many a year) he is a real great shot stopper but can't command his box or claim crosses. At least at the level he watches him (PL & Cup mostly). Easier to work on such attributes in L1 though, I'm sure.
  • Options
    edited August 2016

From a Norwich supporting friend (ST holder for many a year) he is a real great shot stopper but can't command his box or claim crosses. At least at the level he watches him (PL & Cup mostly). Easier to work on such attributes in L1 though, I'm sure.
    Dean Kiely is one of the best keepers we've ever had, but he was what a lot of people would describe as 'just a shot stopper'.

The problem keepers are the ones that think they can command their area when they can't, or are unpredictable and seemingly randomly come for some crosses and not others. Deano stayed on his line 95% of the time and the rest of the defence knew and defended in a way to compensate.

No idea how Rudd deals with crosses, and we had Curbs organising the defence in Deano's time, but goalkeepers don't have to want to come and claim everything in order to be a good keeper.
  • Options
    Good signing.

Shame there haven't been more.
  • Options
    What's not to like about this. Encouraging.
  • Options
    Well, well, well, we have finally got a senior keeper albeit on loan. I hear KM negotiated a great deal...£500k up front and we'll pay 110% of his wages! :wink: Is he match fit yet?

• Options
    This is THE Rudd that played for Norwich in the Premier League last season?! What a big surprise! I can't remember the last time we've signed a player that I've actually heard of let alone watched on TV... IIRC he did okay in the Norwich games I watched last season. I'm surprised he's dropped two divisions in less than a year. Great signing for us. Think he'll be way more than good enough to play in League One.
  • Options

19s - doesn't hold on to the ball.

24s - doesn't hold on to the ball.

I gave up watching at that point.

No better than Pope, then?

Removes tongue from cheek.
    Gives away far too many corners,.....
  • Options
    A potentially very good keeper for this level, slightly surprised he'd drop to the 3rd tier, but I imagine Norwich wouldn't loan him to a rival Championship team
  • Options
    Redhenry said:

T.C.E said:

I not sure if sure if I should pleased or not when we have Charltons very own "Ant & Dec" in positions of responsibility, but welcome to the asylum Declan Rudd. ;)image

Redhenry said:

Being completely honest, couldn't care less. You have no ambition if you plump the team up with loans, if we could go into the season with 11 players - they would. We won't go up, we will hit a huge wall with our first few injuries, it will be almost unrecoverable.

Glass half full?

I really don't like this c@@t
    Eh? Is that to me?
    Not unless your name is Tony cahone

If it is then yeah 8)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I would assume his wages maybe higher than both Pope and Henderson together, I wonder how much are we paying of that?
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Right, 1 in - surely it's time for 2 to go now.
  • Options

Right, 1 in - surely it's time for 2 to go now.

Pope and Rudd probably.
  • Options
    Good interview with Rudd on the you tube channel.
    http://youtu.be/Uk41gE0XOuw
    Obviously wants to play games and be a no1. But does also seem genuinely pleased to be here.
  • Options
    Are people getting confused between Rudd and Ruddy?
  • Options
    dizzee said:

Are people getting confused between Rudd and Ruddy?

Y

• Options
    A lot of Norwich fans saying they wish we'd been loaned John Ruddy, so they could have McGovern as No1 and Rudd as their No2!