Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Incompetence

edited July 2016 in General Charlton
Now I have been going to Charlton since 1975 - 41 years. Virtually every home game and a good number of away games each season. I have been a season ticket holder for years and a member of Valley Gold since its inception. I have a Charlton tatoo on my arm and that is my only tatoo - and my son has been a mascot twice and was christened at the Valley. My wife and son attend matches with me and we spend loads every season on Charlton stuff including replica kits - my son usually gets the goalkeeper kit and the home kit. If you visited my home you would see Charlton related photos and pictures in nearly every room, including three framed signed Charlton shirts. Visitors would think we were Charlton nuts. Now I am not entering some sort of fan competition, I know there are many that would beat me, but I think it is fair to say I am a Charlton nut and Charlton have played a big part in mine and my family's life.

You would think that the club would be aware of me on their databases or whatever. You would think that my failure to buy our season tickets this year, leaving Valley Gold etc... would at least prompt somebody to make a phone call to try to persuade me the club needs my support and has changed. I haven't heard anything at all. Now if the club hasn't tried to persuade me, I suspect there are many other Charlton nuts it is just ignoring. Any company that neglects it's most loyal customers in this situation could only be classed as incompetent - in the operational sense. I think this level of incompetence is more than incredible. Are there others that can echo this and show what sort of third class business people are running our great club? To disengage me from my club has been something I would have thought impossible before they took over. And as fellow Charlton fans you will know it isn't always a pleasurable journey. But I have never before even thought not to support the club more when it needed me - because it was my club. It feels to me that my club doesn't want me. Incompetence of the highest order.

Comments

• Options
    They probably think you're just weird
  • Options
    Get over it

;0)
  • Options
    if it was any half decent company though, they would at least call, wouldn't they. That is my point. When Bury beat us, It wont hurt as much as it should. That really saddens me.
  • Options

if it was any half decent company though, they would at least call, wouldn't they. That is my point. When Bury beat us, It wont hurt as much as it should. That really saddens me.

They possibly don't have your phone number. Ring them up and ask them.
  • Options
    They should have my number. If they have lost it - incompetence. I am writing from my perspective, but it isn't about me - it is just highlighting how badly this club is run!
  • Options
    They are Belgian, unless you have a waffle on your head, and a chocolate up each nostril they won't recognise you.
  • Options
    Maybe Tony has your number and you are on the banned list?
  • Options
    Maybe - are there others who might have realistically expected some contact from the club but haven't received any?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

They should have my number. If they have lost it - incompetence. I am writing from my perspective, but it isn't about me - it is just highlighting how badly this club is run!

A lot of the database is fooked though isn't it ?

That's why a large percentage didn't get their S/T's and why many were sent to Bournemouth.
    I believe due to us giving Bournemouth those West Stand tickets, which overrode the existing S/T holder details.
  • Options
    I suspect Muttley, you just might be too " unique" for them. ( "unique" as in die hard/ possible troublemaker) :wink:
  • Options
    Isn't that in itself a scandal. How does the CEO keep her job?
  • Options
    I have had no contact but only had three season tickets for the past two years, two kids tickets. Probably not the sort of demographic the club wants.
  • Options

Isn't that in itself a scandal. How does the CEO keep her job?

She's RD's shield & who else would do it ?
  • Options
    So let's get this right you want them to ring you up for you to tell them you ain't going to renew ?
  • Options

So let's get this right you want them to ring you up for you to tell them you ain't going to renew ?

I want them to do what any half decent company would do when they lose a customer of many years standing. Why? because that is what half decent companies do. They don't know what I will do until they talk to me do they? I have my own business. If a valued customer stops using me, I'd ring them to find out why - wouldn't you?
  • Options
    Yep that's it. If they are booking responses on a spreadsheet, the more times they are told not renewing until RD sells and or KM removed as CEO the better.
  • Options
    So if they ring you you will renew then ?
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    It depends on what they say doesn't it. The call is there to convince me! I am itching to be convinced. As the season nears it hurts not looking forward to the first match! It's what I do every year!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ha ha I believe you
  • Options

M

Stop sticking up for the club. You've changed.

I agree with your sentiment Muttley. But that's the level of their incompetence. Some have been called but most haven't.

• Options
    Not surprised at all, KM doesn't want your sort anywhere near the club.
  • Options
    How do they know what my type is? My ticket isn't in the name of Muttley!
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

M

I agree with your sentiment Muttley. But that's the level of their incompetence. Some have been called but most haven't.

I'm not sticking up for the club. I'm simply guessing why Muttley hasn't had a call.
  • Options

Curb_It said:

M

I'm not sticking up for the club. I'm simply guessing why Muttley hasn't had a call.

Comments I've been reading from you this past week have been Swisdom like. Interesting change.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Thanks, this is what I was looking for. Forget about us - it isn't the point! Any half decent company would call. I think people posting on here and stating they haven't been contacted shows how bad these amateurs are. BTW, I wanted to call my son Charlton but wife wouldn't let me. So used letters from Charlton to form his name.