Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Fishing

Comments

• Options
    TEL said:

The 23lb ‘er from Summers last April @Dazzler21

Nice! Was that off the main or match lake?
  • Options

He fished the river kennet a few years ago, which isn't far from me. My mate is a bailiff on the stretch he fished.

Said he was a nice guy although a bit arrogant. He also said the stretch was closed a few days before he visited and was pre-baited.

They always pre bait mate, otherwise it would be called "Gone Blanking with John Wilson"
    Yes assumed they did. Its like when you see them fishing on a big lake in the middle of summer, they are the only ones on it.... Wish i could have that lol.
    My mates runs an 8 acre carp lake which has just been closed for the winter I shall be there over next few weeks on the perch and pike all on my jacks ; )
  • Options
    Lol.. Yes you lucky sod.
  • Options
    Time to get your rods out lads... Season is officially upon us. 
  • Options
    Get my rod out every night
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Time to get your rods out lads... Season is officially upon us. 
    Season?, my lakes are open 365 days a year.
  • Options
    Well season for fair weather is upon us lol!
  • Options

Did a weekends fishing on the weekend just gone and it had me thinking, don't see much fishing chat on here?

Surely I'm not the only one here who is a keen angler lol

Anybody else into their fishing? Where do you normally go to fish? biggest catch etc.

Also, I'm looking for a couple of fishing bedchairs if anybody has some available drop me a PM.

Waits for AnnaKissed

• Options

Heading to Hawkhurst Fish Farm for 2nights fishing in a couple of weeks. £35 for 24hrs is very expensive, but looks as though they have a great stock of fish.

Anybody been?

• Options
    edited June 2020

Many moons ago, 14lb salmon on the river Moy in Mayo. That was dinner for a few days sorted.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

21lb Mirror from Warmwell Holiday Park last year.

• Options

21lb Mirror from Warmwell Holiday Park last year.

Clean looking carp that. I'm hoping to get 24 hours somewhere in Sussex, most places are currently members only though. 
  • Options
    I have been 3 x times since lockdown eased, my serious carp fishing days are over now and I have gone back to feeder rod fishing for all fish plus the smaller carp (5lb to 10lb range). I have been going to Orchard Place Fisheries in Paddock Wood and it is very good at the moment.

Took my 8 year old grandson last week and we caught 23 carp between us in 4 hours and he managed a PB.
  • Options
    I have been 3 x times since lockdown eased, my serious carp fishing days are over now and I have gone back to feeder rod fishing for all fish plus the smaller carp (5lb to 10lb range). I have been going to Orchard Place Fisheries in Paddock Wood and it is very good at the moment.

Took my 8 year old grandson last week and we caught 23 carp between us in 4 hours and he managed a PB.
    Orchard is one of my favourite fisheries. 

Was that lake 1 you were on? The one right next to the office. Good for match fishing/smaller carp in there.

i personally always fish lake 8, the one with the four islands. Stocked with carp and catfish, one of the best lakes I’ve been to in terms of results. Had a few top end 20s out of there. 
  • Options
    I am a member at The Dell Woolwich, been 3 times since lockdown eased and it has been surprisingly quiet there. Was there today, about 10 blokes on a 30 peg venue. 
  • Options

What lake have you been fishing there?
  • Options

Was that lake 1 you were on? The one right next to the office. Good for match fishing/smaller carp in there.

i personally always fish lake 8, the one with the four islands. Stocked with carp and catfish, one of the best lakes I’ve been to in terms of results. Had a few top end 20s out of there. 
    I fish lakes 5 & 6 which are the match lakes, as I said above I have packed up carp fishing for real and sold all my carp rods & buzzers etc, I now fish off a seatbox with a feeder rod or pellet waggler for tench, bream, rudd & roach although you do get to land plenty of carp up to the low double range. 

I needed a big barrow and two trips to lug all my gear to the bankside when I was "carp" fishing but now it all goes on a much smaller trolley and easily done in one trip. Plus I no longer sit behind 3 x rods for hours waiting for a bite, it is action all the way from the start.     
  • Options
    smiffyboy said:

What lake have you been fishing there?
    I fish lakes 5 & 6 which are the match lakes, no good for the serious carper but good sport if you are after single figure or low double fish.
  • Options

I fish lakes 5 & 6 which are the match lakes, as I said above I have packed up carp fishing for real and sold all my carp rods & buzzers etc, I now fish off a seatbox with a feeder rod or pellet waggler for tench, bream, rudd & roach although you do get to land plenty of carp up to the low double range. 

I needed a big barrow and two trips to lug all my gear to the bankside when I was "carp" fishing but now it all goes on a much smaller trolley and easily done in one trip. Plus I no longer sit behind 3 x rods for hours waiting for a bite, it is action all the way from the start.     

I've been tempted to phone them for availability but I pretty much know what the answer will be.

They're mega busy all year round and now fishing has only just been permitted again I can only imagine the demand.

• Options

I've been tempted to phone them for availability but I pretty much know what the answer will be.

They're mega busy all year round and now fishing has only just been permitted again I can only imagine the demand.

All the "Carp" lakes are book in advance only and the guys were saying they are booked 3 x weeks solid, they are even sending the Carp boys up to the match lakes, its the first time I have seen a bivvie on the bankside on lakes 5 & 6.

The match lakes do not require booking just turn up and pay on the day however yes, it is a lot busier than normal especially with the kids being off.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I used to do one float & one off the alarm. I will be going back to that I think, it's a bit more exciting and gives me something to focus on rather than just a buzzer.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    The 23lb ‘er from Summers last April @Dazzler21
    Nice! Was that off the main or match lake?
    Sorry, only just seen this. It was the lake closest to the entrance with a cafe next to it, 
  • Options
    I’ve not been fishing for a while. I started keeping Koi and was fortunate to find an old couple who let me fish in their dam. I initially caught 10 Koi and a really big Silver Perch. This started me off and I’ve now converted our small indoor swimming pool into a Koi pond. I’ve still got four of the dam caught fish but now I mostly buy my fish at auction. Koi are ridiculously cheap here as there isn’t a great deal of interest in anti carp Australia. I have around 50 fish now after 18 months of begining the hobby. 

Anyone else here keep Koi?
  • Options
    TEL said:
    I’ve not been fishing for a while. I started keeping Koi and was fortunate to find an old couple who let me fish in their dam. I initially caught 10 Koi and a really big Silver Perch. This started me off and I’ve now converted our small indoor swimming pool into a Koi pond. I’ve still got four of the dam caught fish but now I mostly buy my fish at auction. Koi are ridiculously cheap here as there isn’t a great deal of interest in anti carp Australia. I have around 50 fish now after 18 months of begining the hobby. 

Anyone else here keep Koi?
    I’ve got a couple in my pond, one fairly large one which we’ve had for about 15 years. We’ve also got a couple of big mirror and grass carp which we’ve had for a bit longer. I’ve got to build a new pond at the opposite end of the garden for them as a patio’s going where the current one is. Am tempted to just keep the smaller fish we have to keep the size of the new pond down but really don’t want to get rid of them.
  • Options

• Options
    I’m off to Claygate for a weekend at the end of the month. Recovery permitting 

Missed out on my French trip to Abbey Lakes in April due to Covid so looking forward to a couple of days on the bank
  • Options
    ozaddick said:

The fish doesn’t look very happy at being caught.
  • Options
    ozaddick said:

I’ve always wanted to fish in Oz, looks amazing. (assuming you’re in Oz based on your username)
  • Options
    Just had a blank 36 hrs session 
    1st time out since lockdown but there are only 10 fish in the lake but stunning fish if you get one 
    Used to fish orchard lake 7 quite a lot a few years back had some nice fish from there a few over 40.
    Gave up my syndicate this year so at a loose end venue wise at the moment 
    So open to suggestions for another nice pad covered estate lake ??🎣🎣