Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Just been told....

By a very good source that Chris wilder is our new manger and his first signing will be Ricky Holmes from Northampton Town!!!

Comments

• Options
    Great player. Would be a good start
  • Options
    colin1961 said:

There chairman said this morning that there will be no clause in the contract to stop him taking players with him

Are you talking about Roly and when CW goes to Sint Truiden?
  • Options
    So, who is Ricky Holmes?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I heard it's Deontay Wilder and Kelly Holmes
  • Options

By a very good source that Chris wilder is our new manger and his first signing will be Ricky Holmes from Northampton Town!!!

well tell your boy if he's telling fibs.......no xbox tonight.
  • Options
    Northampton fans are concerned about losing a player whose surname is Rose. Apparently former Man Utd youth product who they acquired from Oxford, Wilders former club.
  • Options
    I can see that Wilder is the sort of manager that likes players he can trust. Having Holmes on board would give Wilder a player that already buys into the ethic. Hope this is true.
  • Options

Nicholas said:

Swisdom said:

Great player. Would be a good start

Great player? He is 28 and never played any higher then league 2. What am I missing?
    Rickie Lambert was 27 and had been playing in League One when he went to Southampton. He was a Premier League striker with an England cap by the end. I suspect what you're missing is information about the player.
    I was thinking the same. It's hard to judge some of the lower league players, clubs generally don't like to gamble on them, but that's not to say they are all crap.

I have no idea if Ricky Holmes can cut it in League One, but personally I would like to see a similar strategy to what Chris Powell took when we were in League One - buying up quality players that we know CAN cut it in the Division and possibly some that may be able to make a step up to Championship level should we get there.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Wouldn't it be nice to have a winger that actually goes past his full back rather than cutting inside all the time!
  • Options
    Ricky Holmes and Adam Smith (Goalkeeper) were in the Team of the Season for League 2
  • Options
    Essex_Al said:

Wouldn't it be nice to have a winger that actually goes past his full back rather than cutting inside all the time!

If he's right footed we'll play him on the left
  • Options
    Hooefully we can buy a striker that can score goals and stays fit
  • Options
    Thought we were signing George Moncur?
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

Ricky Holmes and Adam Smith (Goalkeeper) were in the Team of the Season for League 2

Dont really need a Goalkeeper...
  • Options

Thought we were signing George Moncur?

No, we are bringing back George Tucadean