Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Just been told....

Comments

• Options

I can see that Wilder is the sort of manager that likes players he can trust. Having Holmes on board would give Wilder a player that already buys into the ethic. Hope this is true.

The problem is we don't currently have a squad of League Two scrappers, or player more concerned with fitness than technique. We can all agree that we could stand to lose some players, and will certainly lose others who are too talented for League One, but I fear this approach will drive away the players who under other circumstances might be able to be convinced to stay--Diarra, Teixeira, Bauer, Motta.
  • Options
    Remember when we used to get excited about England Internationals? This boy Ricky is one..... one app for England C! Booom
  • Options

Nicholas said:

Swisdom said:

Great player. Would be a good start

Great player? He is 28 and never played any higher then league 2. What am I missing?
    Rickie Lambert was 27 and had been playing in League One when he went to Southampton. He was a Premier League striker with an England cap by the end. I suspect what you're missing is information about the player.
    But that is literally a one off. When we played Bristol Rovers in League One you could see Lambert was a class above. Also, for as quickly as he shone, he faded. He had one very good year in the Premier League, made it to the World Cup, rightly but also due to lack of striking options. But his year and Liverpool, and this year with West Brom have been nondescript.
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

Nicholas said:

Swisdom said:

Great player? He is 28 and never played any higher then league 2. What am I missing?
    Rickie Lambert was 27 and had been playing in League One when he went to Southampton. He was a Premier League striker with an England cap by the end. I suspect what you're missing is information about the player.
    But that is literally a one off. When we played Bristol Rovers in League One you could see Lambert was a class above. Also, for as quickly as he shone, he faded. He had one very good year in the Premier League, made it to the World Cup, rightly but also due to lack of striking options. But his year and Liverpool, and this year with West Brom have been nondescript.
    What about Grant Holt with Norwich as he destroyed League One... He signed the summer before they won the Division, came from Shrewsbury in League Two and was... You guessed it; 28-years old
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

I can see that Wilder is the sort of manager that likes players he can trust. Having Holmes on board would give Wilder a player that already buys into the ethic. Hope this is true.

The problem is we don't currently have a squad of League Two scrappers, or player more concerned with fitness than technique. We can all agree that we could stand to lose some players, and will certainly lose others who are too talented for League One, but I fear this approach will drive away the players who under other circumstances might be able to be convinced to stay--Diarra, Teixeira, Bauer, Motta.
    Three of the four you mention will go regardless. Bauer's injuries might keep him with us.

• Sponsored links:

• Options

SDAddick said:

Nicholas said:

Swisdom said:

What about Grant Holt with Norwich as he destroyed League One... He signed the summer before they won the Division, came from Shrewsbury in League Two and was... You guessed it; 28-years old
    Okay, a two-off!

And yes, before anyone says it, Jamie Vardy.

I don't think I'm going to like the football we play next year, just as I didn't always enjoy the football we played under Powell.
  • Options
    dizzee said:

Seems like CW will be taking the same approach SCP did. Buy up all the best of the lower leagues, put them all together and there you have a solid team. Add a couple of quality players like SCP did such as Kerms and we may just make it back to the Champ.

Then RD tells him he doesn't know what he's doing . Then it all goes tits up - again.
  • Options
    cabbles said:

The only positive for me is that we seem to be acting now. I had in all honesty expected, given the absolute disarray behind the scenes, absolutely nothing happening until they panicked in July and brought in Gui Leson of some Belgian lower league side.

I'm actually very surprised we've even started this process as quickly as we have. There still needs to be a complete 180 turn in their approach to running the club, and I will only believe it when I see it.

What I would like to know is based on the 2 years thus far, and all appointments being lackeys of RD, where and how this Wilder thing has come about? How would he even be on Roland's radar?

Can't help but think it has something to do with Lennie Lawrence, who has reportedly met with RD relatively recently and has been spotted at home games of late.
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

Nicholas said:

Swisdom said:

Jamie Vardy, at 26 had only played 4 months of football above Conference standard.

At least we are looking at the right sort of player, worried that hes not an ex Chmpionship player and only played Conf and League 2?

Get used to it. We might just get lucky with a couple.
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

SDAddick said:

Nicholas said:

Swisdom said:

Okay, a two-off!

I don't think I'm going to like the football we play next year, just as I didn't always enjoy the football we played under Powell.
    I was going to quote Vardy but then he was a special case who never played League One or League Two Football

I'm going to miss the passing Football that we'd see under Luzon and Riga but for me that style of Football proves that by having that playing style you'll only get results based on two things:

(1) Your a Premier League side.
    (2) You can afford the best players in the world.
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    cabbles said:

The only positive for me is that we seem to be acting now. I had in all honesty expected, given the absolute disarray behind the scenes, absolutely nothing happening until they panicked in July and brought in Gui Leson of some Belgian lower league side.

I'm actually very surprised we've even started this process as quickly as we have. There still needs to be a complete 180 turn in their approach to running the club, and I will only believe it when I see it.

What I would like to know is based on the 2 years thus far, and all appointments being lackeys of RD, where and how this Wilder thing has come about? How would he even be on Roland's radar?

Because Roland has to accept his approach, and it has been his approach, has totally failed thus far. It's speculation, but I would imagine that Katrien has been pushing for an English coach for a while, and Roland has had to concede. I know for 100% that she had no say whatsoever in Bob's appointment (she was devastated by it) and it would make sense that she had little to no input in Guy Luzon's appointment either. She has made some ridiculous mistakes no doubt, and all feedback seems to be that she is in a position way beyond her current ability, but there's no denying that Roland has left her in a pretty impossible situation as the CEO in terms of manager appointments, having to defend decisions she had absolutely no involvement in.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

one thing this does tell us is he has no intention whatsoever of selling the club this summer.

I read that someone believes Wilder could be in discussions with the potential new owners and that both will come hand in hand.

Utter rubbish I believe...
  • Options

Sounds a bit like the last throw of the dice for the regime....

Is think they realise just how bad relegation and the possibility of a season or two in league one will be financially. I think they are desperate to get back up first season. Hence the uncharacteristic moves.

• Options

SDAddick said:

SDAddick said:

Nicholas said:

Swisdom said:

Okay, a two-off!

I was going to quote Vardy but then he was a special case who never played League One or League Two Football

I'm going to miss the passing Football that we'd see under Luzon and Riga but for me that style of Football proves that by having that playing style you'll only get results based on two things:

I thought Big Bob's team played football more than any of the other lot in past few years and you know what.....it bored the life out of me. Give me an exciting, winning, penetrating style of play any day. Remember games like Preston at home and Carlisle at home using Powell's "negative" boring direct tactics. Those games excited me.
  • Options

Sounds a bit like the last throw of the dice for the regime....

It might prove RD isn't completely mad....
  • Options
    edited May 2016

SDAddick said:

SDAddick said:

Nicholas said:

Swisdom said:

Okay, a two-off!

I thought Big Bob's team played football more than any of the other lot in past few years and you know what.....it bored the life out of me. Give me an exciting, winning, penetrating style of play any day. Remember games like Preston at home and Carlisle at home using Powell's "negative" boring direct tactics. Those games excited me.
    Very true... It was nice to see the passing style of Luzon / Riga yet the way they passed the ball around the Defence made me think I was watching Last of the Summer Wine... Under Powell against the likes of Preston (5-2) the players were performing like missiles, i.e. they knew where the target was and went straight for it
  • Options
    Mate of mine is a Northampton fan...though up until this season he was more into rugby then football, he has seemed to enjoy our demise this season and has been constantly going on about how good NTFC have been this season and that they would be playing us next year....don't know much about Wilder but if we do get him I reckon my mate will be a tad pissed off.....shame.
  • Options
    Nicholas said:

Swisdom said:

yeah jamie vvardy was unheard of too . bigger picture .

• Options
    Dizzle said:

If we had a new owner, a new CEO, new SMT and then a new Manager all announced at once I think I would genuinely pass out with happiness

Give him a chance. He's only just been appointed...
  • Options
    katy gets "promoted" to elsewhere (who gives a shit where).

New manager
    New assistant

New CEO---Paul Elliot

Roland sill owns the club

what would it do to the protest movement ?