Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sunday Times picks up the RD story

Comments

• Options
    lump of shit sees this as "banter"
  • Options
    There is an element of truth to his analysis but I find it overwhelmingly sensationalist. Doesn't mention Fraeye's previous Charlton connections. Underestimates the squad. Halfway up L1? Bullshit. Charlton have been caught cold in many ways but I maintain we are only two or three good signings away from being a serious Championship outfit - the problem is an unwillingness to invest only a little beyond allotted means. I don't care so much about the Yewtree comment as it is an accurate representation of the Millwall wit, tbh, but the rest is so sensationalist as to be unhelpful.
  • Options

Puts what we have been saying about RD in the papers giving us greater print and all we shout about is his side comment operation yewtree.
    Gordon Bennet get off his back.

Agreed, sad to see all this political correctness bs. I'm pleased to see our concerns about RD getting a bit of exposure.
    Political correctness?

It's not that he is using the wrong word.

He is calling Charlton fans nonces. If you are happy to have journalists insinuate we are nonces in national newspapers then i shudder to think where you draw the line.

He stated he was a Millwall fan before the comment and I would expect nothing less than a dig in our direction. Like others here have said, it was a throw away comment and I certainly won't be losing any sleep over it.
  • Options
    Good article. The more exposure we can get the better imo. And I, also, am not going to lose any sleep over the Yewtree comment or let it detract from the main thrust of the article.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ludicrous comment re Yewtree. Can we sue?
  • Options

Gumbo said:

Can't believe what I'm reading people don't care about being called a nonce if it highlights the plight of our club!!!!

If you was in a pub and a Millwall fan (or anyone) called you a pedo would that be OK as long as he/she was talking about our club!!!!

Firstly there's a big difference between calling one person a pedo compared to an entire fan base. Secondly it's common place for rival fans to make immature insults of this manner. I can't imagine too many welsh club supporters caring about being called sheep shaggers. More than likely they will comeback with an equally silly response. To me it's part of the football culture in our country. Liddle was looking to wind our fans up with this comment and by the looks of it he succeed.
    Why is it different from 1 person or entire fan base? Welsh club argument isn't even on par with being call a pedo!

My point is people are ok with being part of a gag about operations yew tree as long as it highlights our club in the media
  • Options

Here are some snippets from the Press Complaints Commission's 16-point code of practice:

1. (i) The Press must take care not to publish inaccurate, misleading or distorted information...
    (ii) A significant inaccuracy, misleading statement or distortion once recognised must be corrected, promptly and with due prominence, and – where appropriate – an apology published...
    2. A fair opportunity for reply to inaccuracies must be given when reasonably called for.

So, it appears he's had a good go at transgressing the first two at least.
  • Options
    IA said:

He's read a few threads from here and repackaged it into an article.

Hi Rod.

I'm sure that's the case. He loves a bit of message board interaction

http://liberalconspiracy.org/2010/01/17/did-rod-liddle-also-post-these-racist-comments/
  • Options
    edited November 2015
  • Options
    Chizz said:

Here are some snippets from the Press Complaints Commission's 16-point code of practice:

1. (i) The Press must take care not to publish inaccurate, misleading or distorted information...
    (ii) A significant inaccuracy, misleading statement or distortion once recognised must be corrected, promptly and with due prominence, and – where appropriate – an apology published...
    2. A fair opportunity for reply to inaccuracies must be given when reasonably called for.

Thanks @Chizz - I am going to make a complaint to the Sun Times so this is helpful.
  • Options
    If he is struggling for ideas for his column in next week's paper I think we have provided him with a backup story. 'I am being threatened with legal action by a football club fan's forum because I made a tasteless joke about that club's fans!'.
  • Options

Chizz said:

Thanks @Chizz - I am going to make a complaint to the Sun Times so this is helpful.
    Jesus Christ
    I'll be writing a letter of thanks to Rod to balance things out. I laughed out loud when I read Yewtree comment. I always enjoy his articles and he's one of the main reasons I buy The Sunday Times.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    A Bermondsey Josef Fritzel lol

Superb.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    exactly - he is a *&^% - the picture of him in the sun with his moobs - he's an embarrassing looking freak - if the recent cases with saville etc have reinforced anything its if it looks and sounds like a duck, it probably is. So on that basis, and by his own logic i'd put him down as a flabby, transexual, homosexual kiddy fiddler. Fair comment?
  • Options
    of all the stupid threads on CL in the last fortnight, this takes it I think

in future please just ignore Rod Liddle and everything he says
  • Options
    Well the charlton, so called fans love to sing the Adams family at every opportunity. But that is acceptable?
  • Options
    edited November 2015

Chizz said:

Jesus Christ
    I'll be writing a letter of thanks to Rod to balance things out. I laughed out loud when I read Yewtree comment. I always enjoy his articles and he's one of the main reasons I buy The Sunday Times.
    Mate, being a Charlton fan doesn't make you a nonce anymore than being a Millwall fan makes me a racist bigot who beats my wife up on a regular basis, it's just a bit of piss take. I personally deplore racism but I'm not gonna get my knickers in a twist every time someone implies I'm racist just because I support Millwall. It's Football banter. Sometimes it over steps the mark a bit but making a complaint to the PCC? Really?? Some people take life far to seriously.
    There are plenty of racists at Millwall though and that is just fact.