Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Sunday Times picks up the RD story

Comments

• I'm shocked ........................a smallwall fan who can write ?????????????

Debatable with Liddle. Agree that the ST picking up is good, but would have been nice if one of their proper journalists had done so. The reference to Yewtree is Liddle plumbing his own deep depths.
  • Some of Rod Liddle's piece is a bit puerile and, journalistically, it's not a patch on Joe Hall's excellent article in City A.M. Be that as it may, the general thrust of what Liddle says is absolutely correct and this sort of publicity will help to crank up the pressure on RD and highlight to the wider world what an absolute pigs ear he is making of CAFC.

If KM refuses to involve the Trust in the proposed discussions with her and Richard Murray, that really needs to be flagged up as well. A 'divide and rule' approach must not be allowed to prevail, as we really are now at a critical stage in the fortunes of this club. Let's see what ensues.
  • TelMc32 said:

I'm shocked ........................a smallwall fan who can write ?????????????

Debatable with Liddle. Agree that the ST picking up is good, but would have been nice if one of their proper journalists had done so. The reference to Yewtree is Liddle plumbing his own deep depths.
    I wouldn't mind but the bloke looks like a class A nonce
    Well he is a Murdoch journalist
  • vffvff
    edited November 2015
    The Yewtree comment is totally out of order. Ruins the article. You don't throw around or make around that kind of insult.

'The club have even given their name to an adjective — “Charltonification” — describing the transformation of proper football clubs into happy-clappy post-Euro 1996 oases of passionless consensus and absolutely no swearing.'

Makes up his own word. Better to be like Millwall where the average Millwall supporter don't talk about the football but what fights and scraps they have with other supporters and which teams they hate. You try and have a conversation with the average Millwall supporter / hanger on, it won't be about football but fighting. Admittedly a lot of them only turn up 1 game every 5 years.

Murdoch Times totally B*llsh*t as trying to paint Duchatelet as a leftie agitator, Green, Liberal. He is a businessman worth 500 million. Ridiculous.

Liddle couldn't contain himself and concentrate on the main point of the article. It is a shame because he makes some decent points about Duchatelet and the flawed strategy.
  • edited November 2015
    Shock horror, Millwall fan comes out of the woodwork to stick the boot in when a rival club is struggling, now crawl back under your stone please Rod.

How the heck did this prat get a voice in journalism, must cancel my times subscription.
  • He's a columnist who is expected to be a bit controversial - he's not going to write a straight factual piece.

Edit: Think we need to accept some of the more personal jibes from Millwall perpective - however tasteless - and take a positive that it is being talked about in a national paper by someone outside the circle of Charlton supporters.

Agreed
  • Sponsored links:

• Not impressed. Unbelievable the times publish such drivel
  • Regardless of all the media hype he will not sell or spend his money on players
    What he spends his money on fixtures and fittings to make his sellable assets look good to any buyers
    What goes on with results surely doesn't bother him or her would have realised shipping over shite Belgian players and coaches/managers doesn't work
    Maybe there's a method to his madness we as fans can't see
    But I just see him as a Belgian twat who's ruined our club
  • Remember the guy from the BBC
    As it states on Wicki
    Today found Liddle an "inspired editor", the rest of the BBC believed he was "a stroppy, trouble-making loose cannon"
  • Doesn't bother me, just brings wider attention to the club
  • Decent piece, shame it's from that walking mid-life crisis Liddle, but at least it's set the hare running in the nationals.
  • Operation Yewtree is not a subject to be used in humerous circumstances. Insulting your local rivals is par for the course. The comment associated to us has been invented by him and is in very poor taste.

• Turgid, irritable, name-calling invective, passed off as thoughtful opinion. I have always thought this idiot is a boring, self-important, arrogant tosspot. Nothing here has changed my view of him.

(And yes I do get the irony of this post).
  • Sponsored links:

• Whole thing reads like he finally had an excuse to write an article so he could label Charlton's entire fan base as nonces. He seems totally bitter that for the best part of the last 20 years Smallwall have been at least a division or two lower than the Addicks. At least it's showing that our plight is being taken somewhat seriously by other corners. To be honest if the same was happening at Millwall I wouldn't imagine there would be anywhere near the same level of sympathy from our fans if we weren't in the same boat.
  • Puts what we have been saying about RD in the papers giving us greater print and all we shout about is his side comment operation yewtree.
    Gordon Bennet get off his back.

Agreed, sad to see all this political correctness bs. I'm pleased to see our concerns about RD getting a bit of exposure.
  • It's annoying that Liddle wrote that Yewtree part because it's taking away from the main point, which is that even a Millwall supporting national columnist is pissed of at the way RD runs this club. Of course it doesn't help that RD is left wing and foreign, so Liddle was probably angry at him anyway, but it still shows what a mess this RD situation is. Oh for a buyer.
  • edited November 2015
  • Good article, guess I'm a bit too old to worry about the insults, especially when the start of the next paragraph is "But that’s just local spite".

@Friend Or Defoe what hammer are you using, mate?

There seems to be a few on here that could do with borrowing it :wink:

• Fiiish said:

Whole thing reads like he finally had an excuse to write an article so he could label Charlton's entire fan base as nonces. He seems totally bitter that for the best part of the last 20 years Smallwall have been at least a division or two lower than the Addicks. At least it's showing that our plight is being taken somewhat seriously by other corners. To be honest if the same was happening at Millwall I wouldn't imagine there would be anywhere near the same level of sympathy from our fans if we weren't in the same boat.

Well if you sing "No one likes us" what do you expect.