Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Sunday Times picks up the RD story

124»

Comments

• edited November 2015
    DOUCHER said:

exactly - he is a cunt - the picture of him in the sun with his moobs - he's an embarrassing looking freak - if the recent cases with saville etc have reinforced anything its if it looks and sounds like a duck, it probably is. So on that basis, and by his own logic i'd put him down as a flabby, transexual, homosexual kiddy fiddler. Fair comment?

Not sure. Let me just check the press complaints commission 16 point code of practice Doucher and get back to you on that.
  • Chizz said:

Ludicrous comment re Yewtree. Can we sue?

Here are some snippets from the Press Complaints Commission's 16-point code of practice:

1. (i) The Press must take care not to publish inaccurate, misleading or distorted information...
    (ii) A significant inaccuracy, misleading statement or distortion once recognised must be corrected, promptly and with due prominence, and – where appropriate – an apology published...
    2. A fair opportunity for reply to inaccuracies must be given when reasonably called for.

So, it appears he's had a good go at transgressing the first two at least.
    Thanks @Chizz - I am going to make a complaint to the Sun Times so this is helpful.
    Jesus Christ
    I'll be writing a letter of thanks to Rod to balance things out. I laughed out loud when I read Yewtree comment. I always enjoy his articles and he's one of the main reasons I buy The Sunday Times.
    Mate, being a Charlton fan doesn't make you a nonce anymore than being a Millwall fan makes me a racist bigot who beats my wife up on a regular basis, it's just a bit of piss take. I personally deplore racism but I'm not gonna get my knickers in a twist every time someone implies I'm racist just because I support Millwall. It's Football banter. Sometimes it over steps the mark a bit but making a complaint to the PCC? Really?? Some people take life far to seriously.
    Exactly. I also don't take it too seriously. Charlton are mostly ignored so reading that this morning made for a pleasant surprise. We've replaced Leeds as Rod's go to club to abuse. The Sunday Times' letters page used to be full of complaining Yorkies.

Well done Valley Gary for Jozef Fritzl gag too. Most apposite as we're hurtling towards the basement faster than him when he had the horn.
    Yeah, he used to wind the Leeds fans right up. And some Sheffield Wednesday fans wanted him dead not too long ago for some reason. He likes fishing, let him take the piss and just give it back. Job done.

Btw That last Fritzel comment actually made me lol
  • I think the "But thats just local spite" bit nails it as banter rather than some sort of accusation. Even so I don't quite get the context of it. On the whole though a good and rare piece on what's going on. It'd be a shame if that was side lined due to some of us getting all upset over a throwaway remark.
  • DOUCHER said:

exactly - he is a cunt - the picture of him in the sun with his moobs - he's an embarrassing looking freak - if the recent cases with saville etc have reinforced anything its if it looks and sounds like a duck, it probably is. So on that basis, and by his own logic i'd put him down as a flabby, transexual, homosexual kiddy fiddler. Fair comment?

Not sure. Let me just check the press complaints commission 16 point code of practice Doucher and get back to you on that.
    check away, they couldn't disagree

Look at the geezer. Like a Bermondsey Josef Fritzl.

Jonathan Creek's dad?
  • edited November 2015
    blockquote class="Quote" rel="stonewallpenalty">

Chizz said:

Ludicrous comment re Yewtree. Can we sue?

Here are some snippets from the Press Complaints Commission's 16-point code of practice:

1. (i) The Press must take care not to publish inaccurate, misleading or distorted information...
    (ii) A significant inaccuracy, misleading statement or distortion once recognised must be corrected, promptly and with due prominence, and – where appropriate – an apology published...
    2. A fair opportunity for reply to inaccuracies must be given when reasonably called for.

So, it appears he's had a good go at transgressing the first two at least.
    Thanks @Chizz - I am going to make a complaint to the Sun Times so this is helpful.
    Jesus Christ
    I'll be writing a letter of thanks to Rod to balance things out. I laughed out loud when I read Yewtree comment. I always enjoy his articles and he's one of the main reasons I buy The Sunday Times.
    Mate, being a Charlton fan doesn't make you a nonce anymore than being a Millwall fan makes me a racist bigot who beats my wife up on a regular basis, it's just a bit of piss take. I personally deplore racism but I'm not gonna get my knickers in a twist every time someone implies I'm racist just because I support Millwall. It's Football banter. Sometimes it over steps the mark a bit but making a complaint to the PCC? Really?? Some people take life far to seriously.
    There are plenty of racists at Millwall though and that is just fact.

Probably percentage wise I bet Charlton have just as many fans with racist views as Millwall do. Problem is ours tend to be more vocal about there views as they don't give a shit what people think. That's my theory anyway ;-)
  • edited November 2015

Probably equal in nonces as well.
  • edited November 2015

Exactly!

• Sponsored links:

• edited November 2015

Get a room !

:wink:

• Well the charlton, so called fans love to sing the Adams family at every opportunity. But that is acceptable?

This.

Remember the old adage ?

If you can't take it, Don't give it.
  • Well the charlton, so called fans love to sing the Adams family at every opportunity. But that is acceptable?

This.

Remember the old adage ?

I can't believe people still can't see the difference. Oh well. #moveon
  • edited November 2015
    drewman said:

Look at the geezer. Like a Bermondsey Josef Fritzl.

Jonathan Creek's dad?
    Bob Geldorf's c**t stunt double?

This.

Remember the old adage ?

I can't believe people still can't see the difference. Oh well. #moveon
    A Good example may be a certain player who was being taunted about
    the sexual preferences of his Wife; so the player when taking a corner had a stray middle figure point towards the chanters. Grown men were so upset they nearly started crying.
    Banter is a two way street whether vocal or mime.
  • drewman said:

Is there evidence that Millwall have many thuggish, hooligan followers? Yes, plenty.

Is there evidence that Charlton have many paedophile followers? No.

Therefore that part of the article is bollocks, no "ifs or buts" - it is groundless rubbish, and really should have been edited out, as pointed out elsewhere. Trainspotters and anoraks? Fair enough.

The rest of the article is reasonable.

Its just a bit of fun, lighten up everyone. I didn't take any offence to the joke and I am not a peado. I thought it was a good article, in a national arena. Too many people get too sensitive about anything millwall related.
    I always thought the idea of "banter" was that there was an element of truth in the accusations?

Clearly I am not as smart as some of the other wits on here.
  • one is written in a national newspaper, the other chanted on a football terrace - I think that ends any confusion some may have