Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Forest v Charlton - Post Match Thread

Think most would have taken a point beforehand, but testament to the good start to the season I think we are all marginally disappointed we didn't take the three points. Certainly sounded from commentary / Sky reports we had good chances to.

Regardless, we are negotiating what was identified as a very difficult start to the season far better than I think a lot of us feared.

Look forward to hearing from those there tonight

Comments

• Disappointed but in a good way.

Seems we did enough to win away but didn't quite manage it.

Expectations, in this part of Bromley at least, rising.

We need Igor back and fit to give us something different, especially if Reza is injured. Thought Watt was tactical not an injury but not sure.

Defence seems strong
    Fox getting better and better.

Now 5th

• Will take that thank you very much.

5 points from QPR, Derby and N Forest is a very good return for a Sqaud still settling.

Thanks for the updates all

• Nicholas said:

Should have pissed it by the sound of it, were a good team this season and Forest are pony. Need a new striker or a fit Vetokele ASAP.

• Would of taken 5 points from our first 3 games. Shame we couldn't Nick it tonight, looks like we are hard to score against though which is good, still think we need another striker. Great start though
  • Very decent performance by the sounds of it & another excellent away point. Well done to all at CAFC.

• Seems like we just couldn't take any of our chances, and when we came close their keeper made a great save. I would like to see Igor come back into the side.
  • edited August 2015
    The post match analysis from BBC London was good and I was writing it as someone closed the thread and it was deleted.

Luzon may be on next.
  • Sponsored links:

• Cannot knock an away point.

Well done Guy and the boys.
  • Clearly we aint gonna give much away at the back. Thats a damn good platform.
  • As there were only 9 goals in 7 championship matches,
    We are not alone in needing more fire power.
  • Well done to the away support as well, could hear them quite often in the BBC London radio feed.

I think watt is maybe carrying a leg injury, I also think he is best in front of a loud home crowd. Would be good to know when/if vetokele may come back into contention

Very happy with 5 points and looking forward to see what we can do against a good hull side where a draw would be very good and a win amazing.
  • Lets face it we didnt we would have 5 points from QPR, Derby and Forest
  • Interviewers comment on his positivity and not blaming The Dane
  • An away point is always good, as is a clean sheet. We had chances to go into the lead, either spurned or brilliantly saved, I don't recall the forest commentators describing one save Pope had to make.
    However Saturday is a real toughie, and we have had a wearing start. it is vital we get refreshed for the next game, and we need a fit and hungry squad who want it more than hull despite the prem glow some of their players still have.
  • Forest will be delighted with that point. I'm disappointed we didn't take all three. Onwards and upwards 'ull Tigers up next. The future's bright. The future's Red n White ....
  • Well done to the away support as well, could hear them quite often in the BBC London radio feed.

I think watt is maybe carrying a leg injury, I also think he is best in front of a loud home crowd. Would be good to know when/if vetokele may come back into contention

Very happy with 5 points and looking forward to see what we can do against a good hull side where a draw would be very good and a win amazing.

Couldn't agree more, whilst we should be going out to win on saturday i don't think we should underestimate the value of a point against Hull.
  • Sponsored links:

• Would of course have been nice to take one of those chances but one goal conceded from those three fixtures gives us a great platform to push on - if we have the firepower...
  • Thought we'd have one point by now, so happy with that. Just need to keep winning at home.
  • edited August 2015
    So much for playing to win...two draws in a row...not sure it is good enough for Guy. But it will do for me. Well done the Purples!
  • If Igor, TWWW and Reza are all injured what pace options do we have? Is Ansah here? Would Guy have worked with Lookman? Hanlan and Umerah more target players I think. Sho Silva? Perhaps Ceballos in behind Mac.
  • On way home, 2 points lost!!, our big German immense, mak!!! 2 headers should have done much better, 1 produced a good save, should of had 2 goals at least tonight, ceballos? Not sure about him yet, looks to pass when better to shoot, some tired players tonight but looking good from opening 3 games, but where are the goals coming from?