Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Forest v Charlton - Post Match Thread

Comments

• Pleased enough with that, although from the chances we had can't help but feel a little disappointed that we did not leave with all 3.

Well done you Mighty Addicks though, hopefully get a positive result Saturday, make the Valley a fortress.
  • Interestingly, the general mood amongst Forest fans tonight is pretty positive after their performance.
  • Listened to the game on Player. A shame that we couldn't have been a little more clinical in front of goal but we are creating opportunities and forcing saves, whilst Forest apparently had to wait until the 81st minute for their first real chance. A clean sheet and a point away from home are never to be sniffed at and we can be well pleased with our five points thus far.

Let's hope that we can get everyone fit and ready for Saturday, as two away games in four days is bound to have taken something out of the lads.
  • Just drifted off and had a dream where the covered end, which is too far away from our season tickets I think, chants 'he's tall, he's lean, he's a goal machine Makienok, Makienok.

Woke up but loved the dream.
  • Sponsored links:

• Just reading Dippy's comments on the tackles, prompts me to mention that on BBC London after Solly got whacked and the Forest player got a yellow, Steve Frogatt said "I shuddered when i saw that. That was the type of tackle that ended my career"

What did those who saw it , make of it? Obviously Chris got up and is OK, but it sounded totally malevolent, and perhaps deserving a red?
  • Imo it should have been a red, it seemed like a retaliation, for the fact Fox took one for the team by taking out a player who was easily going to get past him, and amazingly didn't get a booking.

That said the clattering Reza picked up when he could have been through on goal should also have been a red imo.
  • Have to say I would of snapped your hand off for 5 points after them three games! Well played Charlton. Win Satutday and it's a tremendous start to the season
  • The downside to being an American Addick is that I was still at work during the game (bloody fuming) Took my afternoon break just before halftime, and was a little surprised that we were not in front judging from my Twitter feed. Sounded as though we could have taken all 3 points and although when the season started I had a feeling we might draw these two away games, I'm still a bit disapointed (I really shouldn't be) However we are 5th in the table and that is something to smile about. Unlucky tonight but an away point is still massive and at the end of the day, I'm very happy with it. Looking forward to Saturday
  • At the end of the day, if we're aiming for top six then draws at Derby and Forest seem respectable. Puts the pressure on us for the Hull game though.

As you may be able to tell from my username I was a big Leaburn fan and from what I have heard (and seen) so far Big Mac is in the same mould. If he keeps on doing what he's doing and chips in with 8-10 goals then I'll be happy.

5 from 3 a good return given the fixtures I reckon.
  • edited August 2015

Just reading Dippy's comments on the tackles, prompts me to mention that on BBC London after Solly got whacked and the Forest player got a yellow, Steve Frogatt said "I shuddered when i saw that. That was the type of tackle that ended my career"

What did those who saw it , make of it? Obviously Chris got up and is OK, but it sounded totally malevolent, and perhaps deserving a red?

It was the furthest away from the away section, so couldn't really see it very well, just that he went down in a heap and it looked serious for a while. Reza was nearly launched into orbit, can't see why that wasn't punished more.

Thought we edged it, but we have lost lots of games like that in the past, so fairly satisfied with the point.
  • Just back in. Had by far the better chances to win and apart from about 30 min in the second half, we were by far the better team.
    Big Mak would follow up a great touch with an awful one generally, but was getting in the right positions. He seems short on confidence and I think he will become pivotal eventually. Missed a sitter and had an amazing header brilliantly saved.
    The ref completely bottled it on two occasions. The tackle on solly was a straight red and arguably so was the foul on reza. Bit disappointed with kashi and cousins, who were quiet by their standards. Our defence looked top notch. Pope took a few good catches under pressure and never looked like being beaten. Seems to grow every game I see him like fox, who was very impressive. Diarra reads the game so well and made some quality interceptions. Although he did look a bit subseptible to pace on a couple of occasions. But special mention must go to our big effing German, he was absolutely immense. He looks like a real quality addition. JBG class as per.
    Forrest played more like an away team at times, looking to hit on the counter and hard to break down. Mostly they were reduced to low shots from outside the area though and I can't remember them troubling Pope once.

Just got back. m1 a joke. Agree with all this. Fox and Bauer immense tonight.
  • Sponsored links:

• Very good performance tonight , thought we looked in total control , had some good chances and so did they was a good game of football considering it ended 0-0, Bauer immense , poxy journey home but well worth it well done lads ,3 points Saturday .
  • cafctom said:

Not sure why fans get on Makienok's back. Maybe because he is very unique in his style, which some can't get their head around. Personally I think he is quality and his presence would leave a gaping hole if he was left out the side any time soon.

He just needs that one goal and he will start scoring. Sounds like the rest of the team are working out where to find him.
  • Interestingly, the general mood amongst Forest fans tonight is pretty positive after their performance.

Presumably for the same reason we were positive on Saturday - yes the other team (in this case us) was dominant and threatening but held out for a point instead of buckling.
  • By far the best chances were ours. SM had two great chances in 1st half that we have to be disappointed with. However second half save from his angled header was excellent and some of his link play was superb. One chested pass stands out in particular to set us away on the right in 1st half.
    Forest were toothless in the extreme and listening to their support on the way from the ground they seemed to be deluding themselves that possession is enough to keep them afloat. I would suggest that whereas we should, could and would of scored but for two great saves, they never looked like they could. Have to disagree with Stig's bit about a Forest opening storm. Thought they were poor and that heightens the disappointment we didn't win.
    BTW The Canal House and the Navigation. Excellent drinking.
  • Good to see we are looking very comfortable so far. Feel we just need a left winger and Igor back fully fit then we'll win the league ;-)