Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Forest v Charlton - Post Match Thread

Comments

• Think its just frustration with Mak, he could do so much more with that height. Have those misses been screened?

He was involved a lot because he was our outlet and let's face it it's not difficult for him to make contact with a high ball but how often did he direct a ball down for Watt or JBG to run onto. Why can't tall men jump?

Having said that, he made a bigger contribution than Watt last night, but i gave Watt a higher mark! His link up play was pivotal but as many attempts that came off didn't come off and we lost possession more than in any previous game. After a night's sleep and reading other comments, yes he deserves more credit for what he does rather than what he should have done, but still found it a frustrating performance.

Last night was about what could have been and our expectations are rising.
  • Spoke to a forest fan before the match on the way into the ground' he said given the way they were playing at the moment' he'd be more than happy with a point.

I asked him how the transfer I barge was affecting them, and he said they were desperate for a striker, I think it showed in the game, no surprise that Forest gave their keeper Man of the Match.

People (not on here) have been labelling Cabelllos light weight, I thought he was better, and more involved against Forest than he was against Derby.He whipped in a delicious cross from the left in the first half, that made me sit up and go wow.

As others have said Baeur is so resilient, he just doesn't know when To give up a cause, goodness knows what Guy is feeding him.

I thought Nick Pope did well, even if he wasn't involved that much, delighted we've 2 clean sheets out of 3, against good sides, but how on earth are we going to beat Hull?
    Maybe I worry too much!
  • Having read most of the reports here and from the Derby game, we appear to have a rock solid defence and also we are creating chances as well.
    Looking forward to Hull game a lot!
    We may have our Charlton back.....sshhhh!
    COYRs
  • cafctom said:

Not sure why fans get on Makienok's back. Maybe because he is very unique in his style, which some can't get their head around. Personally I think he is quality and his presence would leave a gaping hole if he was left out the side any time soon.

He just needs that one goal and he will start scoring. Sounds like the rest of the team are working out where to find him.
    Spot on. All forwards need goals, but I think given the amount of touches and how involved Mak is due to his height, he's under the spotlight more.

He will quite naturally be a focal point, a goal will lead to a few for him IMO
  • Simon score
    Simon score
    Once you score one, you'll score more
    We'll sing you assembly
    When we get to Wembley
    So score, Simon, score
  • An entertaining game. We could have won but, equally, we could have lost. Defence very good indeed.
    Fox was my man of the match. (I'm guessing Morgan might have to pay some penalty notices for his Dad, the speed he was travelling home down the A1!)
  • jakecafc said:

If you had said 5 points from first 3 at beginning of the season I would have taken that all day long. Defence looks strong especially bauer what a player and we are creating chances which bodes well for future.

sums it up for me
  • The only highlight sky sports news showed when I briefly tuned in was Forest missing a golden chance (skied over from six yards) so on that basis I'm grateful for the point. I've not seen our misses yet.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2015

The only highlight sky sports news showed when I briefly tuned in was Forest missing a golden chance (skied over from six yards) so on that basis I'm grateful for the point. I've not seen our misses yet.

The match report and video is on Sky site and score centre app now. It describes our chances but doesn't show them for some reason. Says keeper saves them in report.

http://www.skysports.com/football/teams/charlton-athletic
  • MarkyE83 said:

The only highlight sky sports news showed when I briefly tuned in was Forest missing a golden chance (skied over from six yards) so on that basis I'm grateful for the point. I've not seen our misses yet.

The match report and video is on Sky site and score centre app now. It describes our chances but doesn't show them for some reason. Says keeper saves them in report.

http://www.skysports.com/football/teams/charlton-athletic
    Yeah just watched it. Odd that it tells you about them but doesn't show them. Doesn't have the forest miss they showed on telly either. Wierd.
  • Thought Forest didn't really threaten few shots at distance they like to play with width but felt Solly & Fox were solid and Bauer was always on hand to clear up any danger.

Kashi covers a lot of ground and recycles the ball well as much as I rate him and cousins neither are a creative playmaker.

We was more direct and narrow which limited our widemen of service quiet games for them everything went to Mak and I was frustrated few lovely touches and flicks to bring others into play with 3 chances but most of the time couldn't win the ball either yard too slow or didn't jump appeared to be lightweight for his size claiming to the ref on 2 occasions he was fouled lost the ball a number of times on his first touch and sloppy passing.

• Halix said:

Have to say that the Forest Tannoy announcements were the worst I have ever heard and sounded like the announcer was doing Dalek impersonations whilst eating a humbug and snorkling in a tub of custard.

He has been signed up for the next series of Britain's got Talent.

• edited August 2015

I just hope Big Mak doesn't have the boo boys on his back too quickly. The berks in front of me at the QPR game were giving him pelters 20mins into his debut for gods sake! He's clearly got the right attitude and is determined to do well here, things didn't quite run for him tonight but many also stating his as out man of the match. We've needed someone like him and he's made a difference. Seems like a goal would do him the world of good, and with a tad more confidence he will only improve.

Yes he missed an easy chance but we all know that every player does at some point, and he played well other than that miss. As @Mendonca In Asdas rightly pointed out, it took 5 attempts for Aguero to score at the weekend. You'd think we were Barcelona the way some of our fans expect zero errors from all 11 players on the field for the full 90mins.

based on the players marks thread, with only one exception, Big Mak's input is definitely appreciated
  • If Igor, TWWW and Reza are all injured what pace options do we have? Is Ansah here? Would Guy have worked with Lookman? Hanlan and Umerah more target players I think. Sho Silva? Perhaps Ceballos in behind Mac.

You're definitely missing someone...

Karlan is up there as an option.

• More top work from Sky.

Goes on about a 'world class save' but doesn't show it in the highlights.
  • I think we have all forgotten something...

RD knows what he is doing.
  • Sponsored links:

• I'm not going to get to many games this season so really starting to appreciate match threads, post-match views and player marks more than I used to. It all sounds very positive. Forest games are always fairly close affairs so it's good to hear there were some good performances out there and I just love Luzon's win, win or win attitude. COYR!

RD and KM also deserve some credit. I have been one of their biggest critics over the last 18 months but maybe they're starting to get things right here and make a go of it. I expect RD to invest further in the squad if we're in or around the top six in January.
  • Sounds like Mak is a big reason we're not constantly under pressure like we seemed to be last season. 0 in 3 though so he's always going to have some of the less patient on his back. Hoping he can grab a couple over the next 4-5 games to get the ball rolling.

He'll get 10 or more this season - I'll have an upbeats bet with someone on that
  • There taking the piss ain't they , Dorus De Vries two great saves but we ain't gonna show you them. Sky are a joke . just like BT . Pfft
  • A few thoughts about the game last night - we seemed to struggle to bring the ball out from defence, then often hoofing up to Mak as the safe option, a lack of linking play into our midfield. Although Forest doubled up on Solly's side and made it harder for him to really head up the wing , he didn't seem to have the appetite for it. We do need someone who can replace Solly when needed and do it well. When the ball did get hoofed up to Mak the other forwards were just not in the right place or near enough for his flick ons. As they get more used to playing with Mak I'm sure this will fit into place.
  • Would of taken a point before the game but slightly disappointed not to get all 3 after listening to the commentary and reading everyone's views. If someone had offered 5 points from these three games before the season started we would of snapped their hands off

We could easily have lost on Saturday and won last night and we'd be sitting on 6 points instead of 5. That's football for you!
  • cafctom said:

Not sure why fans get on Makienok's back. Maybe because he is very unique in his style, which some can't get their head around. Personally I think he is quality and his presence would leave a gaping hole if he was left out the side any time soon.

He just needs that one goal and he will start scoring. Sounds like the rest of the team are working out where to find him.
    To quote snatch. "Its not as though he's a pack of

Peanuts."
  • Scotland manager Gordon Strachan was at the game last night I'm told as was Ray Clemence, Head of the FA Development Team. Used to be a professional, keeper I think : - )
  • Shrew said:

A few thoughts about the game last night - we seemed to struggle to bring the ball out from defence, then often hoofing up to Mak as the safe option, a lack of linking play into our midfield. Although Forest doubled up on Solly's side and made it harder for him to really head up the wing , he didn't seem to have the appetite for it. We do need someone who can replace Solly when needed and do it well. When the ball did get hoofed up to Mak the other forwards were just not in the right place or near enough for his flick ons. As they get more used to playing with Mak I'm sure this will fit into place.

Probably still feeling the effects from the Derby game where they all run their wot sits off. Surprised there was not a couple of changes last night just to get a bit of freshness in the side, but a good point nonetheless.
  • Stig said:

Thought this was a nice touch from Forest.

Forest Posters (2 of 2) Forest Posters (1 of 2)

And, if he's the man I think he is, I believe our own @boogica got his hands on one of these.

Class.