Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Forest v Charlton - Post Match Thread

Comments

• With my CAFC Hat on and My CAFC Soapbox beneath my feet,
    If Strachan saw Tony Watt have a quiet game and "blowing through his Arse"
    I for One am pleased. He can have a blinder on Saturday when we will be last on ?

Watt, We're the main match on 5 against the Tigers ?

Nae Bother.

• edited August 2015
    Addicted said:

Sounds like Mak is a big reason we're not constantly under pressure like we seemed to be last season. 0 in 3 though so he's always going to have some of the less patient on his back. Hoping he can grab a couple over the next 4-5 games to get the ball rolling.

He'll get 10 or more this season - I'll have an upbeats bet with someone on that

This. If we didn't have a geriatric fan base, I'd be amazed by how short some people's memory are.
  • Bauer für Deutschland

Bauer für Deutschland

• Saw the two saves on sky earlier. How he got a hand to Baeur's header, I will never know, but he made a similar save against Brighton too.
  • edited August 2015
    Is Big Mak the new Leaburn for the 21st Century? Perhaps instead of the old mournful cry of " Leeeeebuuurrnn" we should adopt a new similar "Maaaakkkiiinnnnnnokkkkk"
  • Was unable to go yesterday, what was Reza's contribution, he got a reasonable run out?
  • Was unable to go yesterday, what was Reza's contribution, he got a reasonable run out?

Sort of. Came on, looked busy got in a great cross for Big Mac's wonderfully saved header. Nearly got on the end of a good cross himself. Then after 15 mins. on the pitch he was hacked down, tried to run off the injury, failed and was subbed after 20 mins.
  • Never good when you have to sub a sub.
  • Halix said:

Is Big Mak the new Leaburn for the 21st Century? Perhaps instead of the old mournful cry of " Leeeeebuuurrnn" we should adopt a new similar "Maaaakkkiiinnnnnnokkkkk"

Ha, kwolity

A challenge phonetically, drop the I and it kinda works.

SI-mon works perfectly.
  • I wonder if Reza genuinely has a future / second chance here with Luzon or if he's just getting some game time before we flog him.
  • Sponsored links:

• I wonder if Reza genuinely has a future / second chance here with Luzon or if he's just getting some game time before we flog him.

It looked like he could really add something to the team when he came on yesterday, real shame about the injury though.

• Anyone have a link to see the ALL the highlights and not sky sports shocking coverage please?
  • Never good when you have to sub a sub.

He got subbed because he was injured , he did well when he came on looked up for it , got clattered by their centre half after he skinned him hence the injury.
  • Any updates on :heart: Reza's injury?
  • edited August 2015
    Superb Post Fanny ( Is the Pope a Catholic)
    Would you agree that Tony had a quiet Game because the match came too soon after the Derby game when he was shattered after the 90 minutes ?
  • does anyone know if the team remained in the Midlands between gamex?
  • Superb Post Fanny ( Is the Pope a Catholic)
    Would you agree that Tony had a quiet Game because the match came too soon after the Derby game when he was shattered after the 90 minutes ?

Gee, thanks, Sam. We oldies need some extra zzz's these days hence the belated contribution.

On reflection, I think you're correct in your supposition and that his little Scottish legs were a mite weary last night.

Trouble is, it's not going to get easier for a while, especially if we progress in the Cup.

If we had a suitable fit striker to partner Big Mac from the off, I'd rather see Tony come off the bench as against QPR.

Just my humble opinion of course.

• Hull will be knackered. Saturday will be their third game in seven days.
  • Sponsored links:

• I thought the performance was technically good, but not a lot of excitement. Bauer, I thought was brilliant and my MOM, followed by JBG, who not only looked good going forward, but got through a lot of defensive work. The passing in places was very good, keeping the ball from Forest. Disappointed with SM, thought he could have done more with his chances, apart from the great save from the goalie in the second half. There did not seem a weak link anywhere, especially in defence. I do not know why Watt went off, (sorry if mentioned anywhere else, but my computer has been down since yesterday, and I have not had time to read other comments). Reza certainly livened up the attacking mood, pity he got injured but KAG did OK while on. I hope that in another couple of weeks, when players have played together more, and with Henderson, Igor to come back, and Sarr and Bergdich still to have a run, everything seems good to me
  • Just watched extended highlights on Player.

Came to the conclusion that we either got absolutely battered or the editor is a Forest fan!

Going by the general comments of those that were at the game I am guessing it is the latter!
  • Well done to all those who made the trip.
  • No one has really mentioned how physical Forest were. I'm sure it was a deliberate tactic to unsettle us. It started with Watt and especially Gudmundsson being targetted, the latter receiving a painful knock on his ankle. It continued throughout the game, with Reza and then Solly on the receiving end of bad tackles, verging on red cards. Mancienne was also trying to rough up Makienok, with the big Dane complaining to the ref, which resulted in the ref lecturing Makienok!
    With the plan to play a style of football where we pass the ball and aim to keep posession we need the refs to protect our players from the opposition flying in.
  • And the de Vries save from Bauer from GoPro in goal: https://youtube.com/watch?v=FjChyNigTi8

Don't think he knew much about that!
  • Short highlights here:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=YWC1FQh-oVQ

Mak had a couple of chances, but wouldn't call either of those glaring misses.

Thank-you. Much better highlights.

Still no sign of Makienok missing an open goal ?

I thought Makienok was unlucky with his diving header and unluckier still with his glancing header.

But not as unlucky as Bauer. Quality saves from Darlow.
  • Just watched extended highlights on Player.

Came to the conclusion that we either got absolutely battered or the editor is a Forest fan!

Going by the general comments of those that were at the game I am guessing it is the latter!

I think the highlights are a fair reflection. We had better chances but had less of the ball. Forest were more aggressive and dominated midfield for long spells but lacked any composure and ability in front of goal. We had our silky moments and looked more likely to score when we got near their goal but Forest were on a mission to stop JBG, Watt and then Rezza at all costs and it worked.
  • Short highlights here:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=YWC1FQh-oVQ

Mak had a couple of chances, but wouldn't call either of those glaring misses.

Thank-you. Much better highlights.

Still no sign of Makienok missing an open goal ?

I thought Makienok was unlucky with his diving header and unluckier still with his glancing header.

But not as unlucky as Bauer. Quality saves from Darlow.
    Save was from De Vries... Darlow is @ Newcastle now... Liked the cross in from Reza, really seemed up for it, especially when he just missed the cross from Cristian