Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post Match Views: Charlton v Blackpool

oh dear another draw, so what was it like, who played where and did what, over to you

Comments

• Options
    Wasn't impressed with the way the team was set up.

Okay, we lost Coq and have a bit of an injury list - but at least play players in their best positions.
    And be positive - don't tinker, Peeters!

• Options
    Anyone still enjoying this exciting new era?
  • Options
    :-(
  • Options
    only 2 wins since september, starting to get a bit tedious now.
  • Options
    Still counting points above relegation zone rather than play offs.
  • Options
    1 win in 8 and the bubble is fully burst, we started the season surprisingly well now we just aren't winning enough. I could pick out a few players that aren't good enough at this level but I won't bother.. we need another striker foremost, but Roley poley won't be supplying us that.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    disappointing but not totally unexpected so far as I was concerned .. what's worrying is the decline in our defence .. the underpowered squad may well be very vulnerable over the Christmas/New Year games
  • Options
    Poor goalkeeping. Missing for both goals. Considering they were their only decent chances that's where we lost the two points
  • Options
    Meh it's a hard one. We are obviously doing better than last year, but I am starting to get frustrated with the amount of draws and negative tactics.
  • Options
    Battling relegation last year was more exciting than these last couple months tbh. Gutted by this result. Blackburn away is next, we need to get a positive result. My hopes of promotion got dealt a serious suckerpunch today. Just wanna get on to the next...
  • Options
    We're not losing, we're in the top 10 and yet I'm still annoyed. Only Charlton!
  • Options
    That was shite. Some moments of brilliance which were outshone by an unwillingness to get forward and bang in goals. Seemed as if they had settled for a 2-1; not a great plan when the ref is as crap as he was.
    Disappointing is an understatement.
  • Options
    its time we changed.
    we dont look like scoring we cant shoot
  • Options
    The pre match thread saw a division in the forum members.

There were those saying that Blackpool were rubbish and we would hammer them and that people needed to get a backbone.

And those that had seen it all before and didn't exactly need a crystal ball to see something like this happening....

What the hell was Pope doing for the goals?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Piss poor
  • Options
    Pope had a shocker for both goals.
    Bikey missed the easiest chance you'll ever see.
    Just so negative when we went 2-1 up. It was coming everyone could see it. Why why why are we so negative when in the lead.
  • Options
    Can't hide behind injuries. We had 8 out of 10 first choice out field players available. Okay we lost Coquelin at short notice which might have affected preparations but surely the obvious reaction was Bulot on the left and Cousins inside with Buyens. Cannot see the logic in moving arguably the best right back in the division into midfield so we can play a junior centre back at right back. Pardewesque team selection.

Did well to get ourselves out of trouble but then, by the sounds of it, sat back and suffered for it. How many times do you need to get burnt before you stop standing so close to the fire?

Sounded a familiar tale of lots of possession 40 yards from goal, but little penetration or final ball quality where it matters. I'm not sure how to fix it right now, but as I've said before, I'm not convinced the root cause is necessarily the strikers.

• Options
    All a bit meh now. Very predictable.

I'll blame jacko or fox again this week.
  • Options
    Why blame the keeper? The second one was a free header - no defending. And their keeper didn't have to make a save!!
  • Options
    Valley11 said:

After 35 years of supporting through thick and mostly thin, I think I'm falling out of love with Charlton.
    Maybe it's because I've got two v young children who take up my time and my focus but actually, I've been feeling like this for some time now.
    Anyone else?

Valley 11 your not alone mate

• Options
    edited December 2014
    I have the feeling that the party is well and truly over and BP, us fans and the players desperately need a decent quality signing (or two!) in January otherwise I feel we will go into a depressing nosedive. A striker to support Vetokele (who seems to have also gone off the boil recently) is a MUST!.

Come on RD put your hands in your pockets and answer all our wishes. We are still only 5 points outside the playoffs after all!