Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post Match Views: Charlton v Blackpool

Comments

• Options
    Complète bullshite
  • Options
    This result is probably season-defining and we aren't even half way.

What's wrong with pressing, attacking and trying to get a two goal lead? I don't understand what Big Bob has against that. Bemusing.
  • Options
    A tactical disaster. Johann himself has said his favourite job is on the wing cutting in at will. Solly is a thorough defender, not a midfielder. Harriott is a behind the striker ball runner, he will become ineffective as a striker as he will not find the space.

Fox, Pope & George are not good enough at this level as I've said a hundred times but blame on Bob today for me, he doesn't know his plan B and is making one up and trying to strike gold.
  • Options
    Clueless. Management and players. Don't know how to win games that's the problem. Too defensive and not enough desire to go out and see a team off. As for that bikey miss. Pftttt
  • Options

So, another game we did not lose, yet it feels almost as if we had.
    And another win for Bournemouth. And another goal for Yann.
    With every week that passes, the decision to let him go is ever more perverse. Ifs and ands, pots and Yanns, etc, but had he stayed with us, I reckon we'd be at least nine points to the good, with a much better goal difference, and more confident attacking play.
    Our club is stuck in a rut and something needs to change.

You still don't get it do you?
  • Options
    I can't believe how inconsistent we are. In that 90 minutes we went from being totally outplayed in the first half, bar the 7 or 8 minutes impetus we got on the back of the pen, to running most of the second to committing football suicide by leaving 2 or 3 unmarked for their equaliser. The ref and the linesman running down the West Stand were unbelievably poor. It's great that we will inevitably be involved in trying to bring in new faces but can't see many good players wanting to come... Desperately poor today.
  • Options
    aaaaaaaarrggghhhh
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Most negative I've left the Valley this season. Want to be positive and appreciate how hard to beat we are but this is getting tedious now. Recent observations

Pope - not yet Championship standard
    Bikey - love him but he's getting fatter
    Buyons - anonymous game after game
    Harriet - 100% consistent in being inconsistent
    Cousins - gives away too much of the ball
    Wilson - if he couldn't get a start today, the manager clearly doesn't rate him
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Valley11 said:

After 35 years of supporting through thick and mostly thin, I think I'm falling out of love with Charlton.
    Maybe it's because I've got two v young children who take up my time and my focus but actually, I've been feeling like this for some time now.
    Anyone else?

It hurts to draw to bottom of league but with a lone parent to a 5 and a 6 year old my week is very busy but like a separated couple my kids see their mum Saturday's and Sunday's so watching or listening to Charlton is my break but as you say it's more difficult to care for cafc fully
  • Options
    Posting without self harming.

Poor, disjointed, below par, little threat or ingenuity, nothing on the bench.

The injuries to an already small squad told.

Great to see so many academy products but it really is making a virtue of a necessity. Yes Gomez is great but we need more experience especially up top.

It is a worry that two of our most important players, igor and jbg are well below what they have shown they be and a third, Jackson, is out.

I've stuck up for George in the past but he is looking more like a Reza or Polish Pete every game.

Very frustrating but credit to Blackpool for sticking with it and taking their chances.

All these bumps on this ride are mighty annoying.
  • Options
    We all knew " Jose Riga Derbys" are tight games, guess the pressure got to the players
  • Options
    colin1961 said:

Reason we did not win NICK POPE once is poor twice is criminal .... What the hell was he doing .......

Don't agree at all. Wasn't a vintage performance from Pope but I've seen so, so many worse in that positions in the last few years (weirdly most coincided with Wigan away onwards last season !).

I think the reason we lost today was a mixture of a very bizarre formation strategy from BP - which seemed to be designed to nullify Solly as much as possible and a complete lack of competency in the final third which is on RD.

Investment is required as I'm now worried that this season could now disintegrate into another relegation fight.
  • Options
    Told you they'd piss on my chips!

Refreshing start to the season is beginning to turn a bit whiffy. But we have seen much much worse bear in mind.
  • Options

I try not to criticise too much, I think I'm quite a rose-tinted fan. However, that's really not good enough.

Personally, after a very slow start, I liked the way we set up. Credit must go to Bob Peeters for that. But, from 70 minutes on what the hell was the message to the players? It felt like a training game. How can it be so that for the last four minutes we make Blackpool look stupid yet for the previous twenty we play just dilly-dally football? Perhaps complacency? We should have put our foot on the jugular and gone and got a third ...

Now I accept that you can't plan for two goalkeeping errors from Nick Pope. But for me, they shouldn't have mattered in the context of the game because we had it in us to put this game out of sight.

Blackpool were dire and lack of ambition has cost the team two points today. I have to say I am getting bored with the throwing away of winning positions.

A few plus points;

- Gomez exceptional
    - Good to have Buyens back
    - Great finish from Cousins
    - Good build-up play in the lead up to the penalty, something we should have seen more of.

We only have ourselves to blame and the script was written for a set piece equaliser as soon as we sat back.

I think this just about sums it up for me. I listen to the games from afar, living in California, and along the lines of the above was my gut reaction but I wanted to see what people who were at the game thought before posting. It seems like my gut was accurate. The negative approach to games must be coming from Big Bob surely. Must admit I'm starting to have reservations about him. Things don't seem quite right.

When their equalizer went in my initial reaction was 'fucking pathetic' and I still feel that.
  • Options
    Well done Charlton you have just drawn 2-2 at home to yourselves. Blackpool were spectators most of the afternoon. We were so labourious in attack it's unbelieveable

Don't want to lose the faith, but it's a test at times

Oh and Andrée, keep your head over the ball when shooting, that's such a basic skill.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2014
    Id say get polish Pete back. He' can't do any worse than George. And Igor has hardly been on fire the last 2 months
  • Options
    Gutted, disappointed and furious.

It was my first time at the valley since the wolves game as I'm up in Leeds so follow us more away in the regular season. Boy did it feel good to be back. On the back of a post above me about falling in love with Charlton, our feelings couldn't be more polarised. As soon as I walked out and saw the valley my heart was content again. Got there very early, about an hour prior to kick off so could really soak it all in. It was just so great to be back in the ground surrounded by so many charlton supporters and thought the attendance in the home end was pretty impressive today. It had all the makings of a perfect reunion really didn't it?

Unfortunately not, I was very confused about the formation, 4-3-2-1. Did not think it suited us at all, no width and subsequently no threat. Was really confident bob was going to change it at half time but he didn't drastically. It felt like because it was Blackpool, it meant we had a chance to experiment but that for me is the completely wrong approach. Harriott is not a strike partner for igor and I would much rather have George starting - he still impresses me even with his short cameos. Solly, in spite of his efforts, looked out of place at RCM. Seemed like bob got his tactics all wrong today. Pope obviously has cost us big time with two silly errors, he really needs some work done on his decision making and particularly crosses. As for bikeys miss, well I didn't expect him to score when I saw it was him, quite comical really, real centre backs finish. I think id be a lot more annoyed if it was igor, Harriott, buyens etc.

The other thing that I feel has cost us is arsene Wenger. What an absolute tw*t, coquelin was definitely going to start and in our plans for today and to recall him the day before a game is ludicrous. What an absolute joke arsenal are to have him on the bench as well!!! I'm sure coquelin is annoyed about it as us. Just think it hasn't helped at all and disrupted all preparations. A team shouldn't be allowed to do that the day before a game IMO.

Anyway, positivity. Three difficult games coming up, let's hope we can make amends for this loss of two points.

COYR
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

Still counting points above relegation zone rather than play offs.

Agree, won't be happy till we get to 50+ points.
  • Options
    Kermy said:

Poor goalkeeping. Missing for both goals. Considering they were their only decent chances that's where we lost the two points

This all day long....good shot stopper but just terrible dealing with crosses not strong enough and looks like he is playing snow angels in the air, weak link im afraid. TBH , The iceman and yoni all played verywell
  • Options
    cafc4life said:

Id say get polish Pete back. He' can't do any worse than George. And Igor has hardly been on fire the last 2 months

Opinions like this make me want to kill myself. Thank God you are not our manager
  • Options
    Negative tactics and lack of desire to grab a game by the throat.

In my experience, most players just want to play and express themselves in a game.
    I bet they hate the dead hand of the system they're expected to conform to, without flair grinding out a result.

They must feel as stifled and frustrated as we do.

• Options
    O and igor first touch at times is abysmal