Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

UEFA Nations League

Comments

• Options
    Lol JINX PAULIE
  • Options
    The guy did say before the teams were drawn that it would be like that.
    1st team out in semi 1, 2nd team in semi 2.

But why? lol
  • Options
    So whoever wins this mini tournament will have 6 dead rubber fixtures to fulfil in the normal qualifying?
  • Options

So whoever wins this mini tournament will have 6 dead rubber fixtures to fulfil in the normal qualifying?

No

This is just about winning the nations league and getting a nice trophy for the cabinet.
    Nothing to do with qualifying at all
  • Options
    That means we won't play in Porto for the semi doesn't it
  • Options
    Croydon said:

We'll play in Porto for the final though.
  • Options
    its only an hour on a train to second venue, so very close or 45 mins by car
  • Options
    Croydon said:

Looks like you can get a train from Porto to Guimaraes that takes 50 mins
  • Options

Seems a but suspect to me,
    Its like they pulled Portugual out and then pulled out The Netherlands and suddenly said thats the 1st team of the 2nd semi.

I mean in no other knockout draw do you pull out teams for different matches, it makes no sense

Dodgiest draw since Fury v Wilder.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Croydon said:

Looks like you can get a train from Porto to Guimaraes that takes 50 mins
    we are on the money VG
  • Options
    Ive just booked a 4 man loft apartment in Porto for 4 nights, £450. Flights don't look cheap though.
  • Options

Ive just booked a 4 man loft apartment in Porto for 4 nights, £450. Flights don't look cheap though.

currently directly no change for 300 quid, can go via madrid and takes it down to around 200ish
  • Options

currently directly no change for 300 quid, can go via madrid and takes it down to around 200ish
    Yeah was around 250-300ish when I last checked
  • Options
    You could fly to Vigo in Spain just north of the border and drive south to Porto/Guimaraes. Flights about £100 cheaper but it’s a longer drive to Guimaraes by about 45 minutes.
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    england will recieve 10,000 tickets for both matches

just got an email you can apply for a

semi final ticket

or

a 3rd place/final ticket

or both

of course to buy one officially you need to be an england travel club member
  • Options
    although england currently have over 10,000 travel club members.
  • Options
    Have persuaded the wife to take our summer holidays to Portugal 2nd to 12th June, happy days!
    Will meet some mates out there for the games but rest of the time we will tour northern Portugal in a hire car, trying to make an itinerary now.

One possible problem, - getting tickets! I'm not an England Travel Club member, £65 joining fee, no guarantee of a ticket.
    I'm guessing with no caps its unlikely would get one anyway. Have signed up to the Eufa ticket web site.

Any advice on getting tickets ?
  • Options

Have persuaded the wife to take our summer holidays to Portugal 2nd to 12th June, happy days!
    Will meet some mates out there for the games but rest of the time we will tour northern Portugal in a hire car, trying to make an itinerary now.

One possible problem, - getting tickets! I'm not an England Travel Club member, £65 joining fee, no guarantee of a ticket.
    I'm guessing with no caps its unlikely would get one anyway. Have signed up to the Eufa ticket web site.

The correct amount of members is 10046

So not every member will travel and it is always done on a 70% caps table 30% ballot method although the time to apply for tickets stops on 8th January - not every member will travel you do get 2 caps for attending Wembley fixtures.
  • Options
    edited December 2018

UEFA website is doing a ballot, you can join for free.

If me and my mates can get tickets it’ll be a bonus. We are going for 4 days for the beer, sun and atmosphere. With the Dutch and Swiss in town as well, I think it’ll be a great weekend.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ok cheers ph. So decisions decisions.
  • Options
    Not sure if players in the Champions League Final will be selected or not but tonight’s (and tomorrow’s) game will have a big say in this summers tournament.

Netherlands vs England just 5 days after the CL final.

if players miss out we would be without the likes of Henderson, Gomez, TAA while the Dutch would be missing Wijnaldum and VVD

even more impact tomorrow night. Depending on who wins Spurs/Ajax could see a national team decimated 
  • Options
    If that’s the case and Ajax go through it’ll make the Nations League a bit poor.

I want to see us up against the likes of VVD, De Ligt and De Jong.
  • Options
    Poor timing by UEFA to have the Champions League so close to the Nations League really
  • Options
    I didnt realise the game was so early after the final. Crap scheduling
  • Options
    Southgate said that players would be selected; only those who turn out in the Champions League Final would disrupt his plans slightly as they'd join the squad late
  • Options
    The Champions League Final is always end of May or early June and there are always international fixtures in the 2nd week of June. So nothing has changed date wise.
    the issue is the international fixtures in June are usually friendlies

plus one of the big games is Netherlands v England and an Ajax/Spurs v Liverpool final make up large amounts of those squads. If it was Juventus v Barca in the final it wouldn’t make a big difference to the Nations League.
    just bad timing for UEFA that England/Dutch players are performing so well for club and country.
  • Options
    I don't really see the problem.

After the last premier league game, Liverpool have 20 days rest until the CL final, as will Spurs if they make it. Ajax will have 16 days after their last league game.

So playing the CL final and then the Nations league the week after really won't be an issue.
  • Options
    No real issue with fitness etc. Just will be joining squads late and no real preparation for a semi final 
  • Options
    The nations league is a glorified friendly imo it’s held in the same regard as the checkatrade trophy to Charlton