Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sport of Kings discussion thread

Comments

• Options
    What we saying today? I want to take that £20 I earned yesterday and turn into £3 by the end of the day :wink:
  • Options
    Young Rascal each way in the Derby and Lingfield 7.40 Bellevarde
  • Options
    Done Knight to Behold each way in the Derby. Saxon Warrior is the most likely winner but is hardly value at likely Odds On.
  • Options

Just noticed 365 are matching stakes up to 50 quid with a free bet on the Oaks. So have done 25 e/w on Hawkbill and used my free 50 on Forever Together.

Good work mate. And we'll done for getting the 50- mine was only 5

@bobmunro what's the criteria for the amount for free bets? Haven't used 365 for a while- can't say I've taken a load from them either.
  • Options
    Small e/w on Dee Ex Bee for me. Can't see past Saxon Warrior today, unlike yesterday when I thought Cracksman might've been beaten.
  • Options
    Roaring Lion e/w for me
  • Options
    Masar wins, Dee Ex Bee 2nd and Roaring Lion 3rd. Favourite 4th.

I'll take it.
  • Options
    Godolphin finally win a Derby
  • Options
    Well done to Masar. No excuses for Saxon Warrior, wasn't good enough on the day.
  • Options
    Ridiculous hype up of Saxon Warrior.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Backed Masar thanks to 2 pts win.
  • Options
    CHG said:

Backed Masar thanks to 2 pts win.

Joel is off his absolute nut right now, I'm informed!
  • Options
    Why does the media think that every year will produce a Nijinski, Sadlers Wells, Nashwan, See The Stars or Frankel etc? The crap I've heard about Saxon Warrior since he won the 2,000 Guineas has been ridiculous. There are good horses, there are great horses and every now and then there are exceptionally special horses, but not every season!
  • Options
    It could be that Saxon wasn't suited to the track or maybe he just had an off day.
    Masar was very impressive when he won the Craven but I was put off when he was comfortably beaten by Saxon in the Guineas and most judges thought the extra distance would favour the fav .
    It will be interesting to see if Balydoyle run him over 12f next time or fall back to 10.
  • Options
    The all time greats don't have off days and perform on all tracks. I've nothing against Saxon Warrior my point is the obsession by the media to build up horses as the next wonder horse.
  • Options
    Riviera said:

The all time greats don't have off days and perform on all tracks. I've nothing against Saxon Warrior my point is the obsession by the media to build up horses as the next wonder horse.

I tend to agree, although the best of them all got beaten by Roberto at York! OK - I'll accept Frankel as his equal - begrudgingly!

The best Derby winner in my lifetime, Nijinsky, couldn't win the Arc.
  • Options

It could be that Saxon wasn't suited to the track or maybe he just had an off day.
    Masar was very impressive when he won the Craven but I was put off when he was comfortably beaten by Saxon in the Guineas and most judges thought the extra distance would favour the fav .
    It will be interesting to see if Balydoyle run him over 12f next time or fall back to 10.

Quite possibly, not many are suited to Epsom.

Or it could be that he didn't get the trip, especially on that going. (that said I haven't seen the race so don't know how it was in running).
  • Options
    Big_Bob said:

Just noticed 365 are matching stakes up to 50 quid with a free bet on the Oaks. So have done 25 e/w on Hawkbill and used my free 50 on Forever Together.

Good work mate. And we'll done for getting the 50- mine was only 5

@bobmunro what's the criteria for the amount for free bets? Haven't used 365 for a while- can't say I've taken a load from them either.
    A number of factors, Rob - profitability is one of course but if you haven't used us for a while then that would play a part as well. Free bets and bonuses are designed to reward loyal customers!!
  • Options
    Stuck at the back of the field from the start (not helped by the stall draw) and was slowly making ground but didn't have enough to catch the front runners and the challenge died with a couple of furlongs to go.

At least that was my reading of it.
  • Options

Stuck at the back of the field from the start (not helped by the stall draw) and was slowly making ground but didn't have enough to catch the front runners and the challenge died with a couple of furlongs to go.

At least that was my reading of it.

Thanks - so maybe the track and not getting the trip.

He'll likely go back to 1m - 1m2f.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2018
    Hard to believe he doesn't stay when they were talking about going for the triple crown in the Leger.
  • Options
    Maybe just yet another over hyped horse...........but must add the types the bookies and clued up punters love as plenty of money to be made on them
  • Options

Hard to believe he doesn't stay when they were talking about going for the triple crown in the Leger.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/horse-racing/44111696

• Options
    edited June 2018

Maybe just yet another over hyped horse...........but must add the types the bookies and clued up punters love as plenty of money to be made on them

Not when they're not placed! ITV reported one bet of £150k, I'm sure there were more.
  • Options
    Riviera said:

Not when they're not placed! ITV reported one bet of £150k, I'm sure there were more.
    Not a clued up punter then?
  • Options

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/horse-racing/44111696

Don't think they'll be going for the Leger now, that was surely only the plan if it won the Derby. Looking at the Racing Post profile, it looks like they've got entries in the St. James' Palace Stake, the Irish Derby, the Eclipse and the Sussex Stakes.
  • Options
    clb74 said:

Riviera said:

Errr....I think that's what I said!
  • Options
    Riviera said:

clb74 said:

Riviera said:

Errr....I think that's what I said!
    Ever heard of a lay bet? :-)
  • Options
    It was £150k to win £120k.
  • Options
    But what KK was saying is that some punters love these over hyped horses as they are able to make lots of money on them losing over on the exchanges.