Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sport of Kings discussion thread

Comments

• Options
    Going to Epsom tomorrow. My first proper race day! (I don't count the works outing all weather midweek meets at Kempton, one of which I'm going to next week...)

What's the train service/shuttle bus combo like, and when is best to arrive? Any etiquette tips/sneaky things I should know, and the like?

Also... any tips? If I owned one, I think I'd put the house on Cracksman, but that's about it - though the Buick/Appleby combos look very good in general, and I'll be noting AP O'Brien with interest.

Cheers!
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:

Going to Epsom tomorrow. My first proper race day! (I don't count the works outing all weather midweek meets at Kempton, one of which I'm going to next week...)

What's the train service/shuttle bus combo like, and when is best to arrive? Any etiquette tips/sneaky things I should know, and the like?

Also... any tips? If I owned one, I think I'd put the house on Cracksman, but that's about it - though the Buick/Appleby combos look very good in general, and I'll be noting AP O'Brien with interest.

Cheers!

If you're getting the train then Tattenham corner is the closest station, less than a 10 minute walk away.
  • Options
    Tatternham Corner is closest like Charlton Stu said no tips so far . I am going Saturday
  • Options
    Call me mad but I fancy Hawkbill to cause an upset tomorrow.
  • Options
    Mick Channon trained horses pretty good in The Woodcote hope that helps
  • Options

Call me mad but I fancy Hawkbill to cause an upset tomorrow.

I love that horse - absolutely love it - but cannot see past Cracksman. Forecast (maybe a reverse forecast) will probably be my bet.
  • Options
    Just noticed Aurum running in the Surrey Stakes as well. Got to have a look at that after that debut run.
  • Options
    Backed the German horse each way in the Coronation Cup
  • Options
    Always had shite luck at Epsom.

Fancy Brorocco e/w in the 3:45. Prob be all I do tomorrow.
  • Options
    Have a good day today paddy
    I’ve looked at the card and fancy nothing there but have been given strong words for Ajman King 3.45,working well at home with group class horse.
    See it’s been backed from 7/4 to 5/4 too
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Apparently the boys think I know something about horses (I blame you lot!) so here's my lot, out in the open, from last night's research:

2.00 - True Belief @ 7/2. Also worth considering: Cotubanama @ 9/1 (tipped by the profitable Ben Linfoot)

2.35 - Medburn Dream @ 5/1. twitter.com/profprofitable tipped him, as do I. If you want longer odds or an each way, consider Able Jack (9/1) or Mythical Madness (11/1)

3.10 - Cracksman (2/7) will probably win this. For a forecast, or each way bet (only top 2 places), then I think German raider Windstoss (25/1) has had rain in his favour and that'd be a tentative nod. I do really like Hawkbill too.

3.45 - Ajman King (13/8), but they're really short odds. Worth opposing with Not So Sleepy (8/1).

4.30 - Wild Illusion @ 5/2 (my best bet). Buick/Appleby horse that I love. However, this is the Oaks, and anything can happen. AP O'Brien has five of the nine runners ffs. Joke that he holds the 2nd, 3rd and 4th in the betting.

5.15 - Aurum @ 5/2. Another Buick/Appleby combo. Good horse that's unexposed (i.e. open to improvement).

5.50 - Really difficult. I've tentatively gone with Clubbable (13/2) for the win, and Right Action (11/1) each way. Also justifiable, but missing out for me, were Swift Approval (16/1) and Roland Rocks (22/1). Very tough race.

---------------------------------------
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:

Apparently the boys think I know something about horses (I blame you lot!) so here's my lot, out in the open, from last night's research:

2.00 - True Belief @ 7/2. Also worth considering: Cotubanama @ 9/1 (tipped by the profitable Ben Linfoot)

2.35 - Medburn Dream @ 5/1. twitter.com/profprofitable tipped him, as do I. If you want longer odds or an each way, consider Able Jack (9/1) or Mythical Madness (11/1)

3.10 - Cracksman (2/7) will probably win this. For a forecast, or each way bet (only top 2 places), then I think German raider Windstoss (25/1) has had rain in his favour and that'd be a tentative nod. I do really like Hawkbill too.

3.45 - Ajman King (13/8), but they're really short odds. Worth opposing with Not So Sleepy (8/1).

4.30 - Wild Illusion @ 5/2 (my best bet). Buick/Appleby horse that I love. However, this is the Oaks, and anything can happen. AP O'Brien has five of the nine runners ffs. Joke that he holds the 2nd, 3rd and 4th in the betting.

5.15 - Aurum @ 5/2. Another Buick/Appleby combo. Good horse that's unexposed (i.e. open to improvement).

5.50 - Really difficult. I've tentatively gone with Clubbable (13/2) for the win, and Right Action (11/1) each way. Also justifiable, but missing out for me, were Swift Approval (16/1) and Roland Rocks (22/1). Very tough race.

---------------------------------------

only when the dj plays his favourite tunes
  • Options
    Just noticed 365 are matching stakes up to 50 quid with a free bet on the Oaks. So have done 25 e/w on Hawkbill and used my free 50 on Forever Together.
  • Options

Just noticed 365 are matching stakes up to 50 quid with a free bet on the Oaks. So have done 25 e/w on Hawkbill and used my free 50 on Forever Together.

Cracking offer ;-)
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

Cracking offer ;-)
    Make it even better by giving me 7/1 on Cracksman instead of Hawkbill? :-)
  • Options
    edited June 2018

bobmunro said:

Cracking offer ;-)
    Make it even better by giving me 7/1 on Cracksman instead of Hawkbill? :-)
    If only I could - but I have my bonus integrity to protect.
  • Options
    Going Derby tomorrow hopefully with bulging pockets from today lol
  • Options
    1st race was good :neutral: luckily saw a colin tizzard potts combo at a nice 5/2 at market rasen which i has made me some to cover my derby bet and bets for today.
  • Options
    Gutsy from Cracksman but how good a jockey is SDS. Cracking ride on the runner-up.
  • Options

Always had shite luck at Epsom.

Fancy Brorocco e/w in the 3:45. Prob be all I do tomorrow.

No chance with the winner but happy with that at 10/1.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Have a good day today paddy
    I’ve looked at the card and fancy nothing there but have been given strong words for Ajman King 3.45,working well at home with group class horse.
    See it’s been backed from 7/4 to 5/4 too

Nice one!
  • Options
    Nice one Callum
  • Options
    fancied a bet on the oaks so had a bit on forever together as its write up it ticked all the boxes, father and son combo always do pretty well.
  • Options
    Been lurking on this thread over the last few days and put a £6 super heinz on all 7 races at epsom today

had the winners in all but the 1st race and cash out is offering me £80 as it stands.

Got Aurum in the next and black bess in the last - would any of you more learned types offer any advice whether I should stick or twist at this stage

thanks
  • Options
    cabbles said:

Been lurking on this thread over the last few days and put a £6 super heinz on all 7 races at epsom today

had the winners in all but the 1st race and cash out is offering me £80 as it stands.

Got Aurum in the next and black bess in the last - would any of you more learned types offer any advice whether I should stick or twist at this stage

thanks

Cash out will work in the bookies favour as it takes into account the odds movement on your selections and your current pay out etc. Just stick with it mate, if it’s designed by the bookies then it means it’s for their purpose.
  • Options

cabbles said:

thanks

Cash out will work in the bookies favour as it takes into account the odds movement on your selections and your current pay out etc. Just stick with it mate, if it’s designed by the bookies then it means it’s for their purpose.
    Cheers mate. I just wondered if it drops to like £20 If I get no more winners. fingers crossed one of the remaining two come in
  • Options
    ball bags :-(
  • Options
    I'm just under evens, Medburn Dream sorted me out! I'll live.
  • Options
    £20 profit in the end :smiley:

Well done Callum