Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sport of Kings discussion thread

Comments

• Options
    Un De Sceaux at 13/2 means I'm freerolling the rest of the day (including recouping on the first couple of races). Lovely.
  • Options
    Design Matters finished 4th, which id imagine isn’t good enough for a place with most bookie.
  • Options
    Was that a deliberate move there? Looked really suspect.

• Options
    Crazy finish. Never seen anything like it.
  • Options
    Had a decent bet on Al Boum Photo.
    wtf was the jockey doing?
  • Options
    Classic Irish racing there
  • Options
    Just a 21 day ban for Townsend. No explanation given as to why he did what he did.
  • Options
    you would be furious if you backed finians oscar
  • Options
    the only thing he can think of is that there not going over the last fence, which is ridiculous.
  • Options

anyone on here heading to sandown next Saturday or fancy as i have 2 tickets going to bomb it off to go the charlton game, paid £50 for the pair of tickets, happy to let someone have them for nothing, chuck a score to the upbeats would suffice.

if they let me know by Wednesday happy to post them out

bump anyone? otherwise will go in the bin.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Brilliant win in the stayers by Faugheen. Made every yard and smashed 'em. Amazing.
  • Options

Brilliant win in the stayers by Faugheen. Made every yard and smashed 'em. Amazing.

Absolutely hosed up but the other jockeys gave David Mullins a lot of rope
  • Options
    In more sobering news, RIP Cantlow. A wonderful cross country horse.
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    just had a browse at punchestown of the 437 runners this week,

mullins trained 71
    elliot trained 68

nearly a 1/3rd trained by either of them madness.

think supasundae could be due a huge run today, samcro is a beast but this will be a different test than its faced before.
  • Options

just had a browse at punchestown of the 437 runners this week,

mullins trained 71
    elliot trained 68

nearly a 1/3rd trained by either of them madness.

think supasundae could be due a huge run today, samcro is a beast but this will be a different test than its faced before.

At least melon and samcro both up fine but 12/1 not bad ;)
  • Options
    I know it's not top of our sporting interests this weekend but it should be a fiercely competitive Whitbread today as usual (3.35pm). Looks wide open and wouldn't be surprised to see yet another blanket finish.
    Just two bearing my shillings today, either of which at their best are capable of being in that cavalry charge up the Sandown hill and, as such, are (IMHO) overpriced.
    Relentless Dreamer (40s) joined by BENBENS at 50/1 (6 places) - not just to avert the spectacle of me hopping around trying to kick myself in the arse for abandoning him after his poor run last Saturday but this track and trip on decent ground has seen him produce two of his best runs in his long career, including earlier this season (before the ground went) when taking the London National. Was close 4th (0.75L) in this race last year with 10.09 (on GS). 3lb higher mark today but carrying10.03 and the same red colours as Blaklion.
    COYR.
  • Options
    Top Notch should win the 2.25. Rathlin Rose each-way in the Whitbread.
  • Options
    JC....my reputation's clearly shot to buggery.
    Benbens universally out to 66s :blush:
  • Options
    Top Notch and Emmaus double, lovely jubbly
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:

Top Notch and Emmaus double, lovely jubbly

Same double :smile:

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Soft in places - Houblon Des Obeaux added.
  • Options
    More procession than cavalry charge with a convincing win by the novice Step Back.
    2. Rock The Kasbah
    3. Present Man
    4. Relentless Dreamer
    5. Carole's Destrier
    6. Dawson City
  • Options
    Belated thanks, as preoccupied by events in SE7, for Relentless Dreamer @PeanutsMolloy
  • Options
    Sky Sports have launched a dedicated racing channel which is probably just a re-hash of ATR minus Irish racing but the addition of Chester and Bangor.
  • Options
    Cracksman yesterday looked like he's wintered well and grown into his 4 year old frame.

Let's hope we can see him and Enable take each other on before the Arc.
  • Options
    Off to Newmarket Saturday for the 2,000 Guineas. Has anyone been before? How busy does it get?
  • Options
    9.00 Dundalk - Master Bond @ 16/1. Looks like a sting to me.
  • Options
    Took 25s and got 4 places each way! Was just over a length off in that fourth so a good run evidently.
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:

Took 25s and got 4 places each way! Was just over a length off in that fourth so a good run evidently.

Cheers mate, took 16s but they payed out on 25/1.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

Cracksman yesterday looked like he's wintered well and grown into his 4 year old frame.

Let's hope we can see him and Enable take each other on before the Arc.

I'd expect Cracksman to have improved considerably over the Winter and I know who I would back if the two were to meet, depending upon ground conditions.