Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Town Centres - Ones to Avoid!

Comments

• Options
    gillingham
    blackburn
    bexleyheath has been decimated to a shithole in recent years
  • Options

Luton , Bedford and Stevenage. Three of the most depressing town centres in the country.

Oh Christ, Stevenage yes!
  • Options
    Eccles.
  • Options
    Having visited a lot of town centres over the years for work, most of them are alike, the only difference is the type of charities shop that they contain.
  • Options
    Dartford and Gravesend still show the scars of Bluewater, Dartford more so.
  • Options
    Whats wrong with Crawley town centre?
  • Options

What's right with it. Place is a toilet.
  • Options
    Rothko said:

When you start charging two quid an hour for parking, while Bluewater is on you doorstep, it’s the death knell for a town centre. Eltham is still in good nick because you get half an hour free at the pay and display. Makes a quick shop nice and easy, or use Sainsbury and get your fee refunded at the till.

Bromley will be next on the decline list.
  • Options
    Aldershot
    Scunthorpe
    West Bromwich
  • Options

Rothko said:

When you start charging two quid an hour for parking, while Bluewater is on you doorstep, it’s the death knell for a town centre. Eltham is still in good nick because you get half an hour free at the pay and display. Makes a quick shop nice and easy, or use Sainsbury and get your fee refunded at the till.

Bromley is a in better position, decent shopping centre, and positioned far enough away from Bluewater and the new Westfield in Croydon to survive.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Rothko said:

Rothko said:

Bromley is a in better position, decent shopping centre, and positioned far enough away from Bluewater and the new Westfield in Croydon to survive.
    Parking is a nightmare in Bromley though!
  • Options
    Croydon said:

Seriously, what precisely offends you so much?
  • Options
    Southend - a once smart, buzzing seaside town is now a shadow of itself. Boarded up shops and pondlife.

• Options
    Just got back from Croydon, it's not got any better since my last visit.
  • Options

Sorry Creepy, i haven't been there. Just wanted to point out the scenery in Brentwood isn't bad.
  • Options

Croydon said:

Croydon just hasn't had the pleasure of running through the Queen's Square fountains with wanton abandon
  • Options

Croydon said:

I will point out that my entire family is from there, and I spent a lot of my childhood at my both my gran's in Ifield and Pound Hill, so I'm not basing this off a one-time visit.

The County Mall now virtually a ghost town of shit shops and the market square is filled with nothing but charity shops, phone screen booths and polish/halal supermarkets.

I thought the closing of the Rat and Parrot would have improved the local drinking clientele, but that hasn't bee the case, must be more pub grub snorted in The Punch Bowl than any other pub in the south-east. Moka has to be up there with the worst clubs in the country and the once famed 'air hostess' night isn't even worth a visit because all the fit birds go and work for Virgin Atlantic out of Heathrow.
  • Options
    Top three hates: Blackburn. Luton. Croydon. Living near to Hastings, the Old Town is great. The "new" town a shithole. Weirdly the scum don't go anywhere near the Old Town . There is an invisible border that they don't cross for some reason.
  • Options

gillingham
    blackburn
    bexleyheath has been decimated to a shithole in recent years

Been said before on here, but to include Bexleyheath on here is totally and utterly ridiculous. As an example even locally it is not as bad as Dartford, Gravesend, Plumstead and Welling. Get a grip FFS.
  • Options
    Dover
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Barrow in Furness
  • Options
    Lowestoft - shit hole
  • Options
    Runcorn

Barry Island
  • Options
    Easier to name town centres that are not total shite, much smaller list.
  • Options
    Stroud
  • Options
    Strood
  • Options
    Middlesbrough, Redcar, Saltburn, Peterlee, Darlington and Gateshead won’t be getting many 5* reviews on Trip Advisor. Bleak, depressing, soul destroying places.
  • Options

Top three hates: Blackburn. Luton. Croydon. Living near to Hastings, the Old Town is great. The "new" town a shithole. Weirdly the scum don't go anywhere near the Old Town . There is an invisible border that they don't cross for some reason.

Unfortunately more are coming into the Old Town in recent months, don't mind the new town but you certainly get plenty of 'types' there.
  • Options

St Leonards seems to be improving of late.
  • Options

St Leonards seems to be improving of late.
    Never known an area like Hastings and st leonards for dog shite ...like a game of hopscotch....a particular dog doo blackspot is around marine court / st leonards gardens