Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

famous people you have met

Comments

• Options
    MrOneLung said:

Am sure I have posted this before but as it is on topic

Was in pub in Chafford Hundred and John Terry was in there with his parents.
    We were both in the toilets having a piss (respectable distance between relevant urinals) when a kid aged about 8 or 9 walks up and says to him - 'are you John Terry?'
    He smiles and says 'Yeah I am'
    Kid replies 'Are you captain of England and Chelsea?'
    'Yeah thats right I am'

Kid then said 'my Dad says you are f*cking shit' and then he ran out out of the toilet.

I literally pissed myself.

Whilst Terry was thinking about next week's 100K going in to his account.
  • Options
    How did Terry take it?
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

How did Terry take it?

In a swag bag fully masked up like the rest of the family...
  • Options
    I saw Melanie Sykes in the Royal Academy the week before last...
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

How did Terry take it?

He laughed and just said ‘charming’

• Options

Sat next to Gus Poyet at a Dinner dance, Top Top man. Kind gracious. Told me about how he lost his parrott

It's in john boys mum and dad's garden....if he's still looking.
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    I once met Gemma Arterton shopping in a well known underwear shop

....oh wait, no, that was just a dream.
  • Options
    FORD said:

I once met Gemma Arterton shopping in a well known underwear shop

....oh wait, no, that was just a dream.

Have I said i'd had lunch with her?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    met a few worse ive ever met was teddy sheringham, found him to be the biggest asshole ever. i was only 15 we was filming something for nike, one of the kids i was with took exception and 2 footed him in the old nike scorpion cage, he wasnt happy and stormed off. it must have been around 2002 as jonatan johansson was also there. absolute gent of a man, even gave me a lift home!
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    CAFCDAZ said:

met a few worse ive ever met was teddy sheringham, found him to be the biggest asshole ever. i was only 15 we was filming something for nike, one of the kids i was with took exception and 2 footed him in the old nike scorpion cage, he wasnt happy and stormed off. it must have been around 2002 as jonatan johansson was also there. absolute gent of a man, even gave me a lift home!

Oh dear Oh dear, when will it every end? Jimmy Savile, Rolf Harris, and now JJ!
  • Options
    Halix said:

CAFCDAZ said:

Oh dear Oh dear, when will it every end? Jimmy Savile, Rolf Harris, and now JJ!
  • Options
    Valley11 said:

Spent 3 days in Madrid with Bale directing a tele programme. Top bloke.

Really? I’ve heard the opposite is true.
  • Options
    CAFCDAZ said:

No SOH then?
  • Options
    cafctom said:

Surprised that I didn't mention it on my other post on this thread but Ellie Goulding came round my house a couple of times when I was at Uni. She was friends with my housemate who used to be involved with organising gigs on campus (this was before she was signed, and was still a student).

Saw her on a TV show recently where she surprised a couple of die hard fans and they were in floods of tears. Weird to think she came round my house and at the time I was too busy watching Countdown to give a toss.tossing off to Countdown to watch.

• Options
    MrOneLung said:

Am sure I have posted this before but as it is on topic

Was in pub in Chafford Hundred and John Terry was in there with his parents.
    We were both in the toilets having a piss (respectable distance between relevant urinals) when a kid aged about 8 or 9 walks up and says to him - 'are you John Terry?'
    He smiles and says 'Yeah I am'
    Kid replies 'Are you captain of England and Chelsea?'
    'Yeah thats right I am'

Kid then said 'my Dad says you are f*cking shit' and then he ran out out of the toilet.

I literally pissed myself.

You were in the right place then
  • Options
    I was just literally a metre away from Graeme Souness, on the train from Bournemouth to Waterloo. I furtively videoed him getting off the train at Southampton Airport Parkway and carrying his suitcase up the stairs.

Happy to start a thread titled "Famous people you have seen travelling on the UK's dilapidated rail network", if there's enough interest? I know we have photographic evidence elsewhere on here of Rio Ferdinand waiting for the late-running Hayes service at London Bridge.

I also once saw Tessa Sanderson disembarking from a Euston - Glasgow service at Birmingham New Street. No photographic evidence, but quite a story anyway, I'm sure you agree.
  • Options
    Scenes from the South Western Boardroom on hearing Mr Largo is on one of their trains.

• Options

Scenes from the South Western Boardroom on hearing Mr Largo is on one of their trains.

9 minutes late into Bournemouth this morning, currently 5 minutes late on way back. Fucking useless, inevitably.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    MrLargo said:

9 minutes late into Bournemouth this morning, currently 5 minutes late on way back. Fucking useless, inevitably.
    When you get into Waterloo pop into Timpsons and get the battery changed in your watch. It could be you!!
  • Options
    Friend of mine from work ended up exchanging some very-very mildly suggestive messages with Huw Edwards on Instagram a couple of Fridays ago.

Having read the messages, I think he was just being friendly/older generation innocently not really getting social media... but it was funny.
  • Options

Friend of mine from work ended up exchanging some very-very mildly suggestive messages with Huw Edwards on Instagram a couple of Fridays ago.

Having read the messages, I think he was just being friendly/older generation innocently not really getting social media... but it was funny.

Doesn't he work for the BBC....just saying....
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Greenie said:

Doesn't he work for the BBC....just saying....
    Haha, I'm gonna say it definitely wasn't anything sinister - watching the message exchange live in the pub was an experience. Did not expect to have a lengthy debate about whether Huw Edwards was coming onto my mate or not, though. "Ooh he's typing!!" :open_mouth:
  • Options
    MrLargo said:

I was just literally a metre away from Graeme Souness, on the train from Bournemouth to Waterloo. I furtively videoed him getting off the train at Southampton Airport Parkway and carrying his suitcase up the stairs.

Happy to start a thread titled "Famous people you have seen travelling on the UK's dilapidated rail network", if there's enough interest? I know we have photographic evidence elsewhere on here of Rio Ferdinand waiting for the late-running Hayes service at London Bridge.

I also once saw Tessa Sanderson disembarking from a Euston - Glasgow service at Birmingham New Street. No photographic evidence, but quite a story anyway, I'm sure you agree.

Didn't think the Javelin train did Euston/Glasgow.
  • Options
    Actress Cherie Lunghi in the London Eye Clinic, Harley Street.

Still got a certain je ne sais quoi.
  • Options
    I saw Dominic Holland strolling up a storm at Waterloo. Pretty shite celebrity, but the best train one I've got.

I'm seeing "an evening with Chris Bonnington" tonight, so might through in a train question just to improve my anecdote bank
  • Options
    I follow Leona Graham on Twitter. For those of you who don’t know who she is, she’s a DJ on Absolute Radio. Anyway, one Saturday a few years back she tweeted ‘Fish and Chips for tea’. It tweeted back ‘is it Rock’. She responded ‘No it’s Haddock’. I didn’t even try to explain my attempt at humour. Definitely a whoosh moment. That’s the closest I’ve got to meeting a celeb in recent years.
  • Options
    Was stood behind Scott Wagstaff in Costa Coffee last week. He had a Latte if anyone is wondering.