Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

famous people you have met

Comments

• Options
    Davo55 said:

Actress Cherie Lunghi in the London Eye Clinic, Harley Street.

Still got a certain je ne sais quoi.

Did she make you a cup of coffee?
  • Options

Was stood behind Scott Wagstaff in Costa Coffee last week. He had a Latte stupid hipster beard if anyone is wondering.

• Options
    MrLargo said:

Happy to start a thread titled "Famous people you have seen travelling on the UK's dilapidated rail network", if there's enough interest? I know we have photographic evidence elsewhere on here of Rio Ferdinand waiting for the late-running Hayes service at London Bridge.

I also once saw Tessa Sanderson disembarking from a Euston - Glasgow service at Birmingham New Street. No photographic evidence, but quite a story anyway, I'm sure you agree.

Brian Blessed sat opposite me on a train to Portsmouth. He joined the train at Guildford. I also don't have any photographic evidence!
  • Options
    I can recount two endlessly fascinating train/celebrity mash ups. Curiously both involved Olympic gold medal winning swimmers. I too have no photographic evidence, as the invention of the cameraphone was still some years away on both occasions.
  • Options
    MrLargo said:

I was just literally a metre away from Graeme Souness, on the train from Bournemouth to Waterloo. I furtively videoed him getting off the train at Southampton Airport Parkway and carrying his suitcase up the stairs.

Happy to start a thread titled "Famous people you have seen travelling on the UK's dilapidated rail network", if there's enough interest? I know we have photographic evidence elsewhere on here of Rio Ferdinand waiting for the late-running Hayes service at London Bridge.

I also once saw Tessa Sanderson disembarking from a Euston - Glasgow service at Birmingham New Street. No photographic evidence, but quite a story anyway, I'm sure you agree.

Sorry. But why would you film that?
  • Options
    Kings cross station where Gary Lineker was filming walkers crisp. I did not meet him but took a snap.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Michael Portillo was also at Kings cross (different day) filming but didn’t take a snap.
  • Options
    Solidgone said:

Kings cross station where Gary Lineker was filming walkers crisp. I did not meet him but took a snap.

Great photo, particularly as it captures someone else taking the same photo from the other side!
  • Options
    I met Nathan Prior a couple of times.
  • Options

Was stood behind Scott Wagstaff in Costa Coffee last week. He had a Latte if anyone is wondering.

Did u get a picture tho

That Sunderland still doesn’t miss a photo op eh....
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    JiMMy 85 said:

Just met Cobie Smulders. Very nice young lady, makes good conversation, quite witty.

About to meet Lee Child. Seems a nice chap.

A few months back I met the Suicide Squad. Of them, Jai Courtney was loads of fun - "I keep making shitty fucking action movies!" And Will Smith was the most charming man alive. Jaded Leto was the opposite.

Here's the video of Will Smith from that day!

http://youtu.be/w9-lX6UyqCk

Cobie Smulders lucky you! Loved her that US sitcom How I met your mother!
  • Options
    MrLargo said:

Solidgone said:

Great photo, particularly as it captures someone else taking the same photo from the other side!
    Now to find him and see his photo with you in it.
  • Options
    Davo55 said:

Actress Cherie Lunghi in the London Eye Clinic, Harley Street.

Still got a certain je ne sais quoi.

Her Ferris wheel broken down, had it?
  • Options
    Have got to know the BBC's Matt Baker quite well as our sons are good friends - unaffected and completely down to earth guy.
  • Options

MrLargo said:

I was just literally a metre away from Graeme Souness, on the train from Bournemouth to Waterloo. I furtively videoed him getting off the train at Southampton Airport Parkway and carrying his suitcase up the stairs.

Sat adjacent to him on a plane home to Edinburgh in the 80's when he was manager of Rangers...He was with his family who had been away on holiday.

At the time he and his Mrs were in the news for their marriage being rocky.

On another note not related, a friend of mine did some electrical work on his house in Southampton when he was there, putting some lights in his garden that had to be on for a new years eve party, he said he was an absolute pig who didn't offer them a drink or use of toilet facilities, and spoke to them like shit.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Souness I meant obviously.
  • Options

MrLargo said:

Sat adjacent to him on a plane home to Edinburgh in the 80's when he was manager of Rangers...He was with his family who had been away on holiday.

On another note not related, a friend of mine did some electrical work on his house in Southampton when he was there, putting some lights in his garden that had to be on for a new years eve party, he said he was an absolute pig who didn't offer them a drink or use of toilet facilities, and spoke to them like shit.
    When I was a kid I remember him and Dalglish bypassing my attempt for an autograph and jumping in taxi. Never liked him since!
  • Options

Was stood behind Scott Wagstaff in Costa Coffee last week. He had a Latte if anyone is wondering.

Did u get a picture tho

Lol, quality Paulie, quality.
  • Options

IT_Andy said:

MrLargo said:

When I was a kid I remember him and Dalglish bypassing my attempt for an autograph and jumping in taxi. Never liked him since!
    And then a few years later he had 3 bypasses of his own.......Karma!
    I shouldn't laugh but that was funny and I wish I'd thought of it
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    just met the Wimbledon team on a Christmas get together in the Crown & 2 Chairmen pub in Soho....the Joe Kinnear team....Holdsworth, Cunningham, Thatcher, Sanchez, Reeves, Miller etc....the chief is on route/ Euell on England duty
  • Options
    barstool said:

just met the Wimbledon team on a Christmas get together in the Crown & 2 Chairman pub in Soho....the Joe Kinnear team....Holdsworth, Cunningham, Thatcher, Sanchez, Reeves, Miller etc....the chief is on route/ Euell on England duty

Isn’t Cunningham dead?
  • Options

barstool said:

just met the Wimbledon team on a Christmas get together in the Crown & 2 Chairman pub in Soho....the Joe Kinnear team....Holdsworth, Cunningham, Thatcher, Sanchez, Reeves, Miller etc....the chief is on route/ Euell on England duty

Isn’t Cunningham dead?
    Not Kenny....

• Options
    laurie
  • Options
    Nicolas Cage
    Lisa Maire-presley
    Michael Jackson
    Jeff Stelling
    Sir Alex Ferguson
    Kevin Campbell
    Jimmy Bullard