Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

famous people you have met

Comments

• Options
    barstool said:

just met the Wimbledon team on a Christmas get together in the Crown & 2 Chairmen pub in Soho....the Joe Kinnear team....Holdsworth, Cunningham, Thatcher, Sanchez, Reeves, Miller etc....the chief is on route/ Euell on England duty

they were all talking about the two brothers who are managers of Lincoln, they made £2.5 million out of the FA Cup last year and have financed this year etc(currently top of League 2) and they are through again to the 3rd round to face Everton....similar to Wimbledon...Lee Bowyer take note
  • Options
    Shag said:

Nicolas Cage
    Lisa Maire-presley
    Michael Jackson
    Jeff Stelling
    Sir Alex Ferguson
    Kevin Campbell
    Jimmy Bullard
    Tina O'Brien
    Carol Vorderman
    Alan Shearer
    Lucy Pinder
    Belinda Carlisle
    Kevin Mitchell
    Clare Sweeney
    Cat Deeley
    Eto
    Michael Vaughan
    Christine Bleakley
    Frank Lampard
    Arg
    Amy Childs
    Penny Smith
    Kieran Dyer
    Dennis Wise
    Darren Bent
    Frazer Campbell
    Heskeys missus
    Ian Rush
    Carlton Palmer
    Michelle Collins
    Gazza
    Glen Johnson
    Ray Winstone
    Devon Malcolm
    Phil Defreitas
    Darren Gough
    Buster Merryfield
    Mick Jagger
    Lee Westwood
    Sarah Parrish
    Piers Morgan

And some c-listers too

Would love to meet Lucy Pinder ......... in my bedroom.
  • Options
    Shag said:

Nicolas Cage
    Lisa Maire-presley
    Michael Jackson
    Jeff Stelling
    Sir Alex Ferguson
    Kevin Campbell
    Jimmy Bullard
    Tina O'Brien
    Carol Vorderman
    Alan Shearer
    Lucy Pinder
    Belinda Carlisle
    Kevin Mitchell
    Clare Sweeney
    Cat Deeley
    Eto
    Michael Vaughan
    Christine Bleakley
    Frank Lampard
    Arg
    Amy Childs
    Penny Smith
    Kieran Dyer
    Dennis Wise
    Darren Bent
    Frazer Campbell
    Heskeys missus
    Ian Rush
    Carlton Palmer
    Michelle Collins
    Gazza
    Glen Johnson
    Ray Winstone
    Devon Malcolm
    Phil Defreitas
    Darren Gough
    Buster Merryfield
    Mick Jagger
    Lee Westwood
    Sarah Parrish
    Piers Morgan

And some c-listers too

Notches on the bedpost, Shag?
  • Options
    I've met David Walliams and Robert Plant. Well, when I say 'met', I really meant I've just walked past them at different times in Camden.
  • Options
    I also likewise 'met' Jack Nicholson, funnily enough in Chinatown in London.
  • Options

Was stood behind Scott Wagstaff in Costa Coffee last week. He had a Latte if anyone is wondering.

Did u get a picture tho

Lol, quality Paulie, quality.
    Which one is paulie
  • Options
    Just had Barry Hearn in my cab. Lovely bloke. Told me how he almost sold the Os to Roland but then Charlton became available at more or less the same cost
  • Options
    Taxi_Lad said:

Just had Barry Hearn in my cab. Lovely bloke. Told me how he almost sold the Os to Roland but then Charlton became available at more or less the same cost

So we have Hearn to blame for this mess.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Close shave for the Os that, they probably would’ve ended up in the National League

As an Os fan he said he was gutted. The guy was an”’orrible c***” But planned to spend 12m on the club. Turns out he was as deluded as RD
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Taxi_Lad said:

Pretty sure this is a joke by Hearn
  • Options
    I always thought he should have bought Orient.
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Now there is "met" and "Met!"
    We all know about @Curb_It and Bill Clinton and that is up there. I've "met" loads of famous people with met being seeing them in a restaurant or on a train, at a concert, theatre (in the audience) etc etc.
    I have had a few far more up close and personals with the likes of Roger Daltrey, Stephen Fry and Richard Curtis and also have chatted to many of the most significant Test cricketers from 1970-1990. However tonight, by chance I met and had a good 30 min chat with the wonderful John LLoyd CBE. For anyone of my age (mid 50's) this man has and remains a most fantastic influence on comedy of my era. A more modest, unassuming and pleasant man you could not wish to meet and the stories he told me tonight were simply hilarious. I was not at an official event, just happened to be in the same pub in St James' as he was tonight.
  • Options
    I was lucky enough to go to the Led Zep reunion concert at the O2. The event was stuffed with celebs and I didn't notice any of them, (aside from those on stage). I'm sure there must have been plenty within my periphery over the years, I just don't see them.
  • Options
    Riviera said:

We all know about @Curb_It and Bill Clinton and that is up there. I've "met" loads of famous people with met being seeing them in a restaurant or on a train, at a concert, theatre (in the audience) etc etc.
    I have had a few far more up close and personals with the likes of Roger Daltrey, Stephen Fry and Richard Curtis and also have chatted to many of the most significant Test cricketers from 1970-1990. However tonight, by chance I met and had a good 30 min chat with the wonderful John LLoyd CBE. For anyone of my age (mid 50's) this man has and remains a most fantastic influence on comedy of my era. A more modest, unassuming and pleasant man you could not wish to meet and the stories he told me tonight were simply hilarious. I was not at an official event, just happened to be in the same pub in St James' as he was tonight.

I remember him reaching the finals of the Australian Open c1978. Did you ask after Chris Evert? :wink:
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

Riviera said:

I remember him reaching the finals of the Australian Open c1978. Did you ask after Chris Evert? :wink:
    I hope he found Chris Evert "Quite Interesting" :smile:
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

Riviera said:

I didn't want to bring that up as it was the last time it was played before Christmas and very few of the top 20 players used to turn up for it.
  • Options
    Had Kevin Bridges in the cab yesterday. A bit hungover after going for beers after filming the Jonathan Ross show
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Taxi_Lad said:

Had Kevin Bridges in the cab yesterday. A bit hungover after going for beers after filming the Jonathan Ross show

I think you ought to start a thread entitled ‘Famous people I haven’t had in my cab’
  • Options
    When I was younger, My dad used to be invited to the corporate things by customers for Charlton games and I was allowed to go!

Quite literally bumped in George Best who was so pissed he could hardly stand so I had to hold him up for a photo!

Best thing from these days was meeting the almighty Clive Mendonca...after his play off heroics I was absolutely star struck!
  • Options
    Had a good chat to Dame Kelly Holmes a few years back when she spoke at my then company’s conference. Utterly charming and down to earth. Brought her medals along.
  • Options
    Sorry I read that as Boris and got a bit confused.
  • Options
    Taxi_Lad said:

I thought Kevin Bridges was tee total?!
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Taxi_Lad said:

I don’t think so.....im sure I’ve seen him wearing long sleeve shirts too.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Taxi_Lad said:

I guess he fell off the wagon??
  • Options
    _MrDick said:

Taxi_Lad said:

I think you ought to start a thread entitled ‘Famous people I haven’t had in my cab’
    I keep a list. I can post it on here if you’re interested?