Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

famous people you have met

1272829303133»

Comments

• Options
    T_C_E said:

Tony Scanlon (the Bill) when he was dating Elizabeth Carling, loves himself while not only beautiful Miss Carling was polite and apologised for her idiot friend.
    Abigail daughter of Rumple of the Bailey actor who's surname escapes me, in my cabbing days asked my to stop on route to Kilburn to use a pay phone (ask your dad kids) then we diverted to collect her friend in steps Felicity Kendall (oh, my days) 
    Paul Parker on the Football to Amsterdams cycle ride, nice fella told us a few stories from Man Utd/England days.

infamous
    Thomas Sandgaard- Failed Rock star - Failed Football club owner- Tiny, tiny man almost insignificant.
    Raelyn something - smiling chest- wannabe HR
    Henderson.- Puppet and expert at nodding in agreement at the correct times
    Leo Mckern
  • Options
    iaitch said: 
    T_C_E said:

Tony Scanlon (the Bill) when he was dating Elizabeth Carling, loves himself while not only beautiful Miss Carling was polite and apologised for her idiot friend.
    Abigail daughter of Rumple of the Bailey actor who's surname escapes me, in my cabbing days asked my to stop on route to Kilburn to use a pay phone (ask your dad kids) then we diverted to collect her friend in steps Felicity Kendall (oh, my days) 
    Paul Parker on the Football to Amsterdams cycle ride, nice fella told us a few stories from Man Utd/England days.

infamous
    Thomas Sandgaard- Failed Rock star - Failed Football club owner- Tiny, tiny man almost insignificant.
    Raelyn something - smiling chest- wannabe HR
    Henderson.- Puppet and expert at nodding in agreement at the correct times
    Leo Mckern
    He looked different in the Bay City Rollers  :D
  • Options
    That was after he sang shang a lang and ran with the gang, takes it toll.
  • Options
    Bumped into Carl Leaburn and Tracey in Bromley sometime last year…

ask him for a quick photo, to which he replied ‘why?’ 
    ‘Well…. You’re Carl leaburn?’ I replied - to which he accepted and posed for said picture!

a bit bizarre really 

• Options
    Stig said:
    One day in the early '80s I got on the train home from work only to see Martin Gore sitting in the carriage. This was at the start of Depeche Mode's fame when they were big enough to be on tv every week, but were still making rail journeys between Basildon and London with the hoi polloi. Keen to impress, and hopeful that I might persuade him to listen to a tape of my band who were very much a poor rip-off of DM, I sat next to him and started chatting, but things didn't go to plan. For a start Drakey's Dad, a kindly bloke who was probably middle aged but looked much older to due to a Bobby Charlton haircut and a permanently worried look, was sat in the carriage and was as keen on talking to me as I was talking to my new friend, Martin. I then showed my ignorance by not realising that the Silicone Teens weren't a proper band, but Daniel Miller side project. Finally what I stupidly thought would be my showstopper, fell flat on it's face.

Me: I've got the same synth as you.
    Martin (pretending not to be bored): Oh yeah, what's that?
    Me: A Yamaha CS-5.
    Martin: But I don't have a CS-5.
    Me: Yes you do, it was in the video to [insert name of whatever video it was].
    Martin: Oh, that's not mine. That'd just be some studio prop.

And that was that. I'd bored the poor bloke rigid, showed up my lack of knowledge and found out that I'd bought synth for no better reason than it was a 'studio prop'. Still, I can claim to have had an influence on the world of synth-pop, for shortly after our meeting two things happened: Depeche Mode moved to America and Martin Gore started travelling everywhere by limousine. I have never believe these facts to be unrelated.

Still at least I got to share a packet of Polos with my hero. All thanks to Drakey's Dad.
    He used to work for Barclays before Depeche Mode took off.
  • Options

During my clubbing days many moons ago, I briefly spoke to Mr C (The Shamen) at The End club (Holborn), complaining to him about his club (Chelsea) taking Scott Parker from us.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Went to a restaurant in Richmond last week and I couldn’t take my eyes of a beautiful woman that looked the splitting image of Lisa Kudrow (Phoebe Buffay of Friends).
  • Options
    Curb_It said:
    Friend of mine from work ended up exchanging some very-very mildly suggestive messages with Huw Edwards on Instagram a couple of Fridays ago. Having read the messages, I think he was just being friendly/older generation innocently not really getting social media... but it was funny.
    Doesn't he work for the BBC....just saying....
    Haha, I'm gonna say it definitely wasn't anything sinister - watching the message exchange live in the pub was an experience. Did not expect to have a lengthy debate about whether Huw Edwards was coming onto my mate or not, though. "Ooh he's typing!!" :open_mouth:
    @Oh_Yoni_Boy

You need to come back with some more detail! 
    Haha, just seen this. Yeeah I'm not super surprised :D

To be honest, it might have been a bit more suggestive than I let on but can't remember the detail now! Wanted to err on the side of caution before calling him a dirty old boy on an internet forum.
  • Options
    Emma Watson about an hour ago. Very polite young lady.
  • Options
    Did you invite her to ride your broomstick?
  • Options
    Did you invite her to ride your broomstick?
    Funnily enough she did ask to touch my wand.
  • Options
    Saw Vic Reeves in a toilet the other day.

Didn't ask to touch his wand.
  • Options
    Paul Daniels filled up his car at my work the other month. He didn't have a loyalty card. :-(
    I like this, but not a lot...
  • Options
    Kevin Ayers - my hero, in 1993. Never realised he was a junkie but was still very suave and coolness itself.
  • Options

Did he touch yours?
  • Options
    iaitch said:

Did he touch yours?
    No just  sort of crouched next to me and did this weird thigh rubbing thing?

To be honest it was the least exciting celebrity spot ever, he was just leaving the gents as I went in, had time to think "oh that's Vic Reeves!" then he'd gone.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I was in a diner on the Olympic Peninsula on Friday, and Garrett McNamara (of 100ft wave fame) came in and sat at the booth next to ours.
  • Options
    Some of these are scraping the barrel so here goes.. I met Darryl McCormack when he was about 7 years old running around my uncles farm in Tipperary. He’s related to my cousins and I know his family. 

You may not know who he is right now but I’m sure a lot will do in a few years.. so will come back to this one when he’s a superstar, hopefully. Still won’t beat my Bill Clinton one mind you. 
  • Options
    I was introduced to Tommy Blaize (lead singer on Strictly Come Dancing) the other day. What a nice guy.