Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Calling all Oasis fans

Comments

• Options

Music is all about personal taste and opinion

First time I’ve ever disagreed with bobmunro

Stone Roses were/are one of the best British bands ever

It's a pretty rare occurrence for me to disagree with you too SA - but on this we do.

I'm not saying they are a bad band and I have both albums on my ipod and play them regularly. But!

I could name many British bands that would easily top them - Rolling Stones, The Beatles, The Who, The Kinks, Small Faces, Led Zep, Black Sabbath, Deep Purple, The Smiths, The Jam, The Clash, The Cure, Queen, Pink Floyd - they may come in joint 15th with Oasis!!

Yes of course, like many things it's all about personal opinion and none more so than music - and very much about a place in time.
  • Options
    Riviera said:

For goodness sake! Oasis have made no original contribution to the history of rock and roll in the UK. They are just the Millennials Beatles.
    The biggest potential reunion of a top rock and roll band where all members are still alive is Slade. No one gets near them.

I'm pretty sure every guitar band since the Beatles have been influenced by them.
    However, Oasis sound nothing like the Beatles.

Slade? No one wants this. Glam Rock? Gary Glitter is due a come back too.
  • Options
    Talking about The Stone Roses, have they split again? There was talk of another album after the gigs but all's gone quiet. Perhaps they need their own thread.
  • Options
    Oasis were a far bigger band, in terms of commercial success and general popularity than the Stone Roses.

The Roses reunion was after a long time apart though, which added to the excitement, where it's still not that long really since Oasis split, and Liam and Noel are still high profile individually anyway. Both still sing Oasis songs so it's not as if anyone is being deprived of Cigarettes and Alcohol or Don't Look Back in Anger!

• Options

Oasis were a far bigger band, in terms of commercial success and general popularity than the Stone Roses.

The Roses reunion was after a long time apart though, which added to the excitement, where it's still not that long really since Oasis split, and Liam and Noel are still high profile individually anyway. Both still sing Oasis songs so it's not as if anyone is being deprived of Cigarettes and Alcohol or Don't Look Back in Anger!

All true - but I would hazard a guess that a new studio album supported by a big stadium tour would go down well!
  • Options

Talking about The Stone Roses, have they split again? There was talk of another album after the gigs but all's gone quiet. Perhaps they need their own thread.

I know someone who's mates with Squire, they haven't officially split again but aren't doing anything at the moment, last I heard they were settling up/cashing in the company so sounds like thats it to me.
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:

I know someone who's mates with Squire, they haven't officially split again but aren't doing anything at the moment, last I heard they were settling up/cashing in the company so sounds like thats it to me.
    Why do you reckon they can't work together any more? I read something about Reni walking out again.
  • Options

Rob7Lee said:

Why do you reckon they can't work together any more? I read something about Reni walking out again.
    I just think for them it was unfinished business and they never really made any money 1st time around. So it was more around cashing in, a lot of time had passed, not aware that anyone walked out as such, believe Reni was always the reluctant one to get back together anyway.
  • Options
    Next gig is Liam Gallagher at the O2 Thursday 28th.
    I've just looked on the AXS/O2 site and there are some seats available, as they now have an official fan resale at cost price/close to cost price.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Blur were a far better band than both Oasis and the Stone Roses.
    There, I said it.
  • Options
    Redskin said:
    There, I said it.
    Wash your mouth out and go to the back of the room!
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:
    Redskin said:
    There, I said it.
    Wash your mouth out and go to the back of the room!
    I won't do it.
  • Options
    I have to choose between on 28th November:

1) Happy Mondays at a small venue in oxford (400ish capacity) with mates I’ve known for 20 years where we will have to take a day or so off work to recover or;

2) Noel Gallagher at the O2 with my girlfriend with these having been booked first

Both my heart and head seem to be heading to Oxford. Does this mean I should finish my relationship? 
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    I am going and very excited! 

Saw Noel last year at the Naval College so balancing up going to see Liam.  Only saw them twice, Knebworth and then a small gig in Hong Kong. The HK gig was better than Knebworth. 

Still my most favourite band. 
  • Options
    I have to choose between on 28th November:

1) Happy Mondays at a small venue in oxford (400ish capacity) with mates I’ve known for 20 years where we will have to take a day or so off work to recover or;

2) Noel Gallagher at the O2 with my girlfriend with these having been booked first

Both my heart and head seem to be heading to Oxford. Does this mean I should finish my relationship? 
    If it helps you to decide it's Liam not Noel.
  • Options
    Curb_It said:
    I am going and very excited! 

Saw Noel last year at the Naval College so balancing up going to see Liam.  Only saw them twice, Knebworth and then a small gig in Hong Kong. The HK gig was better than Knebworth. 

Still my most favourite band. 
    Make sure you listen to the new album (which is very good) as he will be playing quite a few tracks I reckon.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBAhgZZNR7E&list=PLgaFNC_I_ZknXED3U7F4XnSILCdVWzqML
  • Options
    Have had it on since release.  Fair few favourites on there. Be Still being my favourite I think at the moment. 
  • Options
    My two saw Liam at the Manchester Arena last night and they both said he was brilliant. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Liam has done very well as a singer / songwriter considering he's not very good at either
    What do you mean? Little James was lyrical genius....
  • Options
    Next gig is Liam Gallagher at the O2 Thursday 28th.
    I've just looked on the AXS/O2 site and there are some seats available, as they now have an official fan resale at cost price/close to cost price.
    I'm going!
  • Options
    Liam has done very well as a singer / songwriter considering he's not very good at either
    What do you mean? Little James was lyrical genius....
    Went to see Beady Eye, awful
  • Options
    Yes, I saw Beady Eye at the RAH and they weren't great.
    Liam Gallagher is excellent.
  • Options
    I'm going to the 02 Thursday with my son, my birthday present from the kids can't wait .
  • Options
    Woo! Pre gig beers Steve! 
  • Options
    mate of mine has got a couple of spares for next Friday if anyone is interested?
  • Options
    Didn;t realise he was playing there - doh! Dived in and bought 2 re-sales before reading StevieG's mate has 2 spares!
  • Options
    Didn;t realise he was playing there - doh! Dived in and bought 2 re-sales before reading StevieG's mate has 2 spares!
    don't look back in anger
  • Options
    Bump who's there tonight, can't friggin wait