Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Calling all Oasis fans

Comments

• Options
    Wonder which band they would use for a reunion - the original Bonehead and Guigsy one (classic lineup but musically limited and think those guys retired because of the pressure) or the more professional latter day Gem and Andy Bell lineup.
  • Options

Wonder which band they would use for a reunion - the original Bonehead and Guigsy one (classic lineup but musically limited and think those guys retired because of the pressure) or the more professional latter day Gem and Andy Bell lineup.

Would want it to be the first one every time
  • Options
    I saw Noel’s gig at Greenwich Music Time the other week and whilst it was enjoyable, it was also very different from any kind of vibe you would get at an Oasis gig. Mostly couples, families, and all a bit pompous really as far as Noel himself goes.

England had just won the quarter final and you could tell he really didn’t want to acknowledge it in any way even the crowd were still on such a high from it. Miserable git.

I simply can’t see him fitting into the Oasis ‘spirit’ anymore.
  • Options
    edited July 2018

Think Alan White went away from it all too.

I imagine Tony McCarrol would love a second bite but would be as unlikely as us beating Millwall in the champions league. Feel very sorryfor him how he was treated and I think noel even acknowledges with mature wisdom that he probably acted as a tosser in that respect.
  • Options
    I'm a huge Oasis fan but actually enjoying seeing both Noel and Liam individually at the moment - you basically get half an Oasis gig at both but importantly their solo stuff is pretty good, particularly Noel's.

Happy to wait a few more years yet.

Followed them all over Europe in 2005 and I'm not sure I have the time to do that now :)
  • Options
    edited July 2018

Think Alan White went away from it all too.

I imagine Tony McCarrol would love a second bite but would be as unlikely as us beating Millwall in the champions league. Feel very sorryfor him how he was treated and I think noel even acknowledges with mature wisdom that he probably acted as a tosser in that respect.
    Let's be honest, Oasis are the musical equivalent to Triggers broom.

Most likely be the last line up with Bonehead maybe coming in on bass for Andy Bell. Would love to see the original line up but no way would Noel want Tony Mac in and I doubt Guiggs would do it .
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Think it would have to be Liam/Noel/Gem/Andy. Whilst there is a bit of nostalgia about Bonehead and the like, Gem and Andy are better musicians by far and would be more suited to the occasion.

Gem is actually a part of the High Flying Birds now.
  • Options
    cafctom said:

It would be the biggest reunion in British music history, no doubt.

Led Zep? (minus Bonzo of course).
  • Options
    edited July 2018

cafctom said:

Someone’s forgetting when s club 7 reunited
    Nowhere near as big as any The Jam reunion. You had to live in the time to realise how popular they were. Jam influence lead to top bands like Oasis and Blur.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    bobmunro said:

cafctom said:

Led Zep? (minus Bonzo of course).
    Cream
  • Options
    Alan White is a Charlton fan i believe
  • Options
    Boring, we don't need an Oasis reunion.
  • Options
    Stone Roses was a bigger reunion than Oasis ever will be
  • Options
    Oasis formed a massive part of my life, I'm probably alone in saying it but I do t see what there is to gain from them getting back together. If you were Liam Gallaghers brother would you want to work with him again? Noel Gallagher has just released a ground breaking album and walloped a tour, why would he get involved with oasis again? it's essentially him and his massive cunt of a younger brother, neither of them need the money and I've got to be honest, I don't need some 21 year old prick throwing his piss over me at one if the gigs if they did decide to spin it again

Nah, stay solo the pair of you. Liam takes the pricks Noel takes the people who don't lob urine
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Led Zeppelin - was big when they reunited, but without Jon Bonham I don’t think it reaches the same heights as what it means for Liam/Noel to be back together. Plus they only did one show.

Stone Roses - An Oasis reunion will probably involve a large majority of those who went mad about the Stone Roses reunion plus god knows how many millions more.

The fact that it’s been nearly ten years and there is a story about a potential reunion every week or so demonstrates just how big an Oasis reunion would be. They could fill out Wembley for 10 nights or more if they wanted.

The Jam and Stone Roses may have been bands that led to the creation of Oasis, but I think Oasis are quite comfortably bigger than both by some way.
  • Options
    cafctom said:

Led Zeppelin - was big when they reunited, but without Jon Bonham I don’t think it reaches the same heights as what it means for Liam/Noel to be back together. Plus they only did one show.

Stone Roses - An Oasis reunion will probably involve a large majority of those who went mad about the Stone Roses reunion plus god knows how many millions more.

The fact that it’s been nearly ten years and there is a story about a potential reunion every week or so demonstrates just how big an Oasis reunion would be. They could fill out Wembley for 10 nights or more if they wanted.

The Jam and Stone Roses may have been bands that led to the creation of Oasis, but I think Oasis are quite comfortably bigger than both by some way.

You make valid points but Oasis were arguably the biggest band in Europe when there was most money to be made, think about the set up. Noel Gallagher is the brains the words and the music behind oasis and he's always been sincere because he can afford to be. What's he got to gain about oasis getting back together and him having to swallow a load of shit from his brother who is incapable of acting his age, regardless of how good a front man or icon he is. Noel Gallagher is oasis and Noel Gallagher I don't believe wants anything more to do with it
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Carter said:

Oasis formed a massive part of my life, I'm probably alone in saying it but I do t see what there is to gain from them getting back together. If you were Liam Gallaghers brother would you want to work with him again? Noel Gallagher has just released a ground breaking album and walloped a tour, why would he get involved with oasis again? it's essentially him and his massive cunt of a younger brother, neither of them need the money and I've got to be honest, I don't need some 21 year old prick throwing his piss over me at one if the gigs if they did decide to spin it again

Nah, stay solo the pair of you. Liam takes the pricks Noel takes the people who don't lob urine

I agree mate. Whilst I love them, they should leave it as it is.

With you on the crowd too. The last time I saw them, the crowd seemed mainly made up of arseholes chucking beer & piss and generally being obnoxious wankers.

• Options

Alan White is a Charlton fan i believe

Cheers Colin
  • Options
    Carter said:

cafctom said:

You make valid points but Oasis were arguably the biggest band in Europe when there was most money to be made, think about the set up. Noel Gallagher is the brains the words and the music behind oasis and he's always been sincere because he can afford to be. What's he got to gain about oasis getting back together and him having to swallow a load of shit from his brother who is incapable of acting his age, regardless of how good a front man or icon he is. Noel Gallagher is oasis and Noel Gallagher I don't believe wants anything more to do with it
    Well there indeed lies the exact reason why they aren’t together and probably won’t be for a long time (if ever).

I slightly disagree that ‘Noel Gallagher is Oasis’. Yes from a music and songwriting perspective he absolutely was. But Oasis was about so much more than that. Their music does not work without the swagger and arrogance and fire that Liam Gallagher has. They were very much a personality based band, and that’s what made them as lovable as they were to a lot of people.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Absolutely
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

Absolutely
    Fastest selling rock concert, see if the Gallaghers match that.
  • Options

That’s because they had unfinished business and the way their career developed- releasing that first amazing first album then struggling along to the Second Coming then splitting up acrimoniously left some mystique.
    Oasis split unhappily too but they had spent years plodding along releasing average albums and by the time they finished, they were done . Those first two albums were brilliant though and i’m so glad that I was 15 and 16 when they came out so they really meant something to me but I can’t see any reason for them to come back and my excitement levels wouldn’t be anywhere near they were when the Stone Roses got back together.
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:

stonemuse said:

Absolutely
    The Led Zep reunion in 2007 at the O2 holds the record for the highest demand for a single concert with 20 million online ticket applications.

Stone Roses - the most overrated band in history, all based on one fecking album (good album, I’ll grant you).

• Options
    Oasis owed their whole existence to The Stone Roses - the sound, the attitude and also filling the hole when the Roses disappeared. The first two Oasis albums were great but they never had the magic or mystique of The Stone Roses, though they definitely had more mass appeal and would possibly shift more tickets for a reunion.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

Rob7Lee said:

stonemuse said:

Absolutely
    The Led Zep reunion in 2007 at the O2 holds the record for the highest demand for a single concert with 20 million online ticket applications.

Stone Roses - the most overrated band in history, all based on one fecking album (good album, I’ll grant you).

Wash your mouth out bob! There were actually a lot of good songs away from the 2 albums, try complete stone roses. Plus the first two words my eldest could say together was stone roses!

"The Stone Roses Heaton Park gigs become fastest selling concerts in UK history"
    https://www.nme.com/news/music/the-stone-roses-92-1265109#GurGYSgk8LsYdTEs.99
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Rob7Lee said:

bobmunro said:

Rob7Lee said:

stonemuse said:

Absolutely

Wash your mouth out bob! There were actually a lot of good songs away from the 2 albums, try complete stone roses. Plus the first two words my eldest could say together was stone roses!

"The Stone Roses Heaton Park gigs become fastest selling concerts in UK history"
    Well that's disappointing. For ages I thought it was you in your profile picture and thought you must have been proper cool in your younger days....just realised it's John Squire!
  • Options

Rob7Lee said:

bobmunro said:

Rob7Lee said:

stonemuse said:

Absolutely

Well that's disappointing. For ages I thought it was you in your profile picture and thought you must have been proper cool in your younger days....just realised it's John Squire!
    :blush: sorry to shatter the dream, although if it's any consolation people who don't know the roses think the same.