Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Calling all Oasis fans

Comments

• Options
    Yep.
  • Options
    I'm there tomorrow, looking forward to it!
  • Options
    Right, I'm leaving now.
    As you were.
  • Options
    From Bromley?  Blimey.

Anyway what time will he come on do you think?  9pm?
  • Options
    Curb_It said:
    From Bromley?  Blimey.

Anyway what time will he come on do you think?  9pm?
    Leaving Southwark Taven around 7pm.          Possible could be on a bit before. 
  • Options
    Oh i see, i thought you said you were going with your wife and driving! 
  • Options
    Curb_It said:
    Oh i see, i thought you said you were going with your wife and driving! 
    Spice Girls with the wife. Liam Gallagher with the boys :smile:
  • Options
    2 days ago at Nottingham, Miles Kane was 20.05 to 20.40 & Liam came on 21.15.
  • Options
    Very useful, thanks.  Here's to a great night, I doubt any divs will be getting any flares through security.

• Options
    edited November 2019
    And just to join in with this excitement of a bit of Oasis, I have learnt to play Wonderwall on the Ukulele so that I can sing “...You are shit Millwall”. 😎
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bump who's there tonight, can't friggin wait
    Us!
  • Options
    What time do you think he'll be on?
  • Options
    I thought he struggled tonight.  He said he was ill so put it down to that.  Still bloody loved it though 
  • Options
    Loved it. Had clients in the work box tonight, but picked a great group who I knew would enjoy it and who love a beer.  Back tomorrow with my own tickets down on the floor.  Brilliant night :smiley:
  • Options
    Brilliant, pissed, brilliant. 
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    His Oasis songs were 10/10, bang on. His own stuff (which I like) sound a lot less powerful live in comparison, but still solid. The band are excellent imo.

Never venturing away from a box again though, the floor was full of twats chucking beer and cider around (pint £7). Saw him at Eden Project in the summer and that was better imo, probably because less bellends.

Whoever booked 2 nights in Dublin last week should be sacked, he's never gonna recover from a weekend on the lash. If anyone is going tonight will be interesting to see of his voice will hold out!

• Options
    Fucking brilliant, if you can afford a box why are you worrying about people throwing £7 pint of beer, I got one over my head not a problem, and loved seeing my son throw the remains of one, quality night. Hope you enjoyed your crepes
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Ive been meaning to come back to this thread but kind of got distracted, this time a week ago i was sat here hungover but in an ecstatic mess after the takeover news... until my head cleared a few hours later seeing the victims outside my office.  What a day last Friday was, one i wont forget.

I had a brilliant night.  But I agree @falconwood_1 his Oasis songs were fantastic, and I really, really like his new stuff but it just didnt stand up as much.  You could hear the cold in his voice.  How was it on the Friday @TelMc32 ?  I had excellent seats in one of those lounges where i felt a bit safer as it looked like carnage down there.  Superb night.  

• Options
    edited December 2019

He may not be everyone's cup of tea... but he's certainly mine!  Gurn face. 
  • Options
    So the Friday was a little different @Curb_It.  The queue to get in was ridiculous, but I'd been spoilt the night before just walking in to the box.  Took just short of 90 minutes to get in and there were a couple of blokes in the queue right behind me who were absolutely breaking their necks for the loo, but nowhere to go.  They really do need to do something about access, but given what had happened at London Bridge earlier in the day, you understand the precautions.  We actually got in about 15 minutes before Liam came on and managed to get a beer - agree with @falconwood_1 whoever chucks away £7 pints/bottles is a freakin' loon!!  Got hit a couple of times, but had seen what had happened from on high the night before and not too bothered.

As for the gig, you could hear the cold in his voice, but I thought he actually pulled it off superbly anyway.  Bonehead on again for a good part of it all and the crowd was in good voice too.  Love how there are so many youngsters, who wouldn't have been alive when Oasis were out, knowing every word to every song (a bit like Stone Roses last year at Wembley, year before in Dublin).   

Did the usual one encore, lights up, but people seem to have cottoned on and most were hanging around for the second encore.  The whole gig is on YouTube - just tap in full set live O2.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    90 mins queuing?  Sod that how grim.  Understandable, but think i would have gone back to a bar and gone in late!  Though i guess there were still 90 mins queue behind you. 
  • Options
    TelMc32 said: 

Did the usual one encore, lights up, but people seem to have cottoned on and most were hanging around for the second encore.  The whole gig is on YouTube - just tap in full set live O2.
    This explains why my son said he finished on Cigarettes and Alcohol and I said Champagne Supernova.
    I love Cigarettes and Alcohol and was confident he didn't play it, but after about 7 pints wasn't certain.
    We left when the lights went up.
  • Options
    Curb_It said:
    90 mins queuing?  Sod that how grim.  Understandable, but think i would have gone back to a bar and gone in late!  Though i guess there were still 90 mins queue behind you. 
    Yep.  Saw a few people I knew who were some way behind us, so heading away from the entrance as we were on our way back to it.  They missed about the first 6 songs and the queue was massive behind them as well. 
  • Options
    TelMc32 said: 

This explains why my son said he finished on Cigarettes and Alcohol and I said Champagne Supernova.
    I love Cigarettes and Alcohol and was confident he didn't play it, but after about 7 pints wasn't certain.

I'd seen a few comments on social media about how the lights had gone up after the first encore, which was pretty long to be fair, and huge numbers had been leaving the earlier gigs.  Liam then comes back on, says "silly billies" and you see them all rushing back in again!!  

Watching it from above on Thursday night, huge swathes headed for the doors, only to come running back in again.  I had a stopped a couple of my clients as they were about to go and they were delighted when he came back out again. 
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    TelMc32 said: 

Spoke to son when he got home from work & he says we definitely stayed until the end.
    I drunk twice as much as him, so I'll take his word for it.

Edit. Messaged my mates and we did stay to the end :-)
  • Options
    I bloody left after Champagne Supernova, gutted I missed cigarettes and alcohol
  • Options
    As much as I enjoyed Oasis' early work, not sure we need a reunion.
  • Options
    I highly doubt this is true when you look at what Noel Gallagher went and tweeted yesterday.

These two aren’t even close to talking by looks of it