Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Calling all Oasis fans

Comments

• Got the link for this please?
  • Just watched it, superb!
  • Well worth it, brilliant.
  • All I can say is, wow. Amazing film.
  • Went to the cinema on the night it came out. Simply brilliant
  • It's on Kodi , strangely it's in NJM soccer add on.
  • I really want to see this. How long is it?
  • I really want to see this. How long is it?

2 hours.

I thought it was good.

Editorial genius I'd say.

I mostly prefer what was oasis' B sides and perhaps lesser famous tunes.

Fade away, listen up, I can see a liar, whatever, morning Glory, songbird, live forever, importance of being idle, stay young.

Those songs maybe plus few others do it for me.

Don't look back in anger, wonderwall, masterplan.

Not massive on those.

Bonehead really reminds me of "Dave" from the royal family
  • Love more or less everything they've done.
    Genius.
    Annoyed at myself for taking the clubbing route in the 90s rather than gigs.

One of lifes regrets.

Whatever..........
  • Sponsored links:

• still never got over waiting all day for them at the front of the stage at v festival only to find out they had cancelled ended up seeing mgmt who were class but still a shit day.
  • edited November 2016
    Time to Pretend is probably in my top 5 songs if asked (RE; MGMT above).

Something really holding me back from watching stuff from the 90s, this Oasis DVD would kill me watching it knowing I should have done so much more at the time but also reminds me of being young and real good times from that part of my life.

• Liam album “as you were” out today.

Personally I think it’s the best post Oasis album by the Gallagher brothers.
  • buckshee said:

Liam album “as you were” out today.

Let me guess.. like his single it just sounds like oasis in 1994 just like oasis always sounded like
  • buckshee said:

It's a really good listen and there are some cracking songs on it, it does sound very Oasis (which isn't a bad thing!!), For me the first Noel album is the best thing by either post Oasis tho.
  • It's decent! Think it will surprise some people, there definitely are some very good singles on there.

Good to have him back and to get some personality back in the charts.
  • liam on graham norton show tonight 10.35pm
  • Unsurprisingly, it's taken professional songwriters for Liam to produce a halfway decent album.
  • buckshee said:

Let me guess.. like his single it just sounds like oasis in 1994 just like oasis always sounded like
    Do you not like the Beatles because they sounded like the Beatles or maybe the Prodigy because...well you get the idea.
  • Rizzo said:

Unsurprisingly, it's taken professional songwriters for Liam to produce a halfway decent album.

He wrote it all himself though , honest guv.
  • Sponsored links:

• Oasis fan, seen them many times with my daughter. I though Liam’s performance on Chris Evans this morning not very good. His voice flat and out of tune.
  • Just listened to half of it on the way up to the City today - very impressed. Looking forward to hearing the other half on the way home. Decent album by the sounds of things. Shame Liam's voice is pretty much shot to pieces though. So anyone who goes to see him on tour is going to be disappointed.
  • Oasis fan, seen them many times with my daughter. I though Liam’s performance on Chris Evans this morning not very good. His voice flat and out of tune.

No change there then.
  • edited October 2017
    Will download tonight but sounds positive. Never been his biggest fan so it quite annoys me I like his clothing brand :neutral:
  • Just listened to half of it on the way up to the City today - very impressed. Looking forward to hearing the other half on the way home. Decent album by the sounds of things. Shame Liam's voice is pretty much shot to pieces though. So anyone who goes to see him on tour is going to be disappointed.

I disagree, i think he has always sung completely out of key and sounds utterly orthodox, which is what gives him his sound. he is a very weird singer but a fantastic front man
  • buckshee said:

I think the record sounds too polished. There are some decent tunes on there, but I personally think it is over produced. Its been put through the pop production machine that makes a lot of modern music sound the same.

No change there then.
    If we're talking "out of tune" every time I've ever heard Chris Martin he seems to be singing in a totally different key to the song!
  • Had another listen this morning, some of the lyrics on the record are rubbish. Oasis were never really that hot on lyrics, but at least they could be creative. I suspect most people on here could write better.
  • liam on graham norton show tonight 10.35pm

Ha. He came across as a less intelligent white Frank Bruno.