Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ipswich vs Charlton 2014 | Post Match Views

WSSWSS
edited January 2014 in General Charlton
Decent point to cap off a satisfactory festive period.

Comments

• Options
    Sounds like a fully deserved point... I groaned inwards when I read that Attwell was gonna be the referee and it sounds like he didnt disappoint, whilst Powell it seems made some good substitutions

Be interesting to hear from those that were there
  • Options
    Great point
  • Options
    Sounds like we were by far the better side in the second half. All things considered (goal down, penalty save, Ipswich's form, away from home) we have to be happy with a point.

Only 12 points off the playoffs!
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    A few decisions that, if they had been called our way, could have saved us some stress and even meant a couple more points. Poor refereeing throughout Mr Atwell. But you can't keep Powell's boys down! Well done.

Powell accomplishes his goal of keeping momentum with steady points through the holidays. If we can find a gear or two we can pull away from the bottom. There's hope yet!!!
  • Options
    A hard earned point and fully deserved by the sound of it. Well done SCP.

Now lets get this takeover sorted please!
  • Options
    Absolutely chuffed. Sounds like a battling display which is what we will need. Was beginning to think that fate was conspiring against us this season. Bloody great point.
  • Options
    Sat with hudl and refresh button for whole game. Thanks again to posters. Another rollercoaster game.

And that's why I love Charlton and football hits the spot every time that happens. Happy new year for me now. Let's keep it up. What a great feel good result for all those on their way home. Hope the team and CP are proud of themselves today.
  • Options
    FT stats addicks first-:
    possession.......50% - 50%
    shots on........... 3 - 4
    shots off.......... 7 - 7
    corners........... 9 - 6

GOALS........... 1 - 1
  • Options
    Yeah big point, I didn't go to this one or listen in but apparently there were some shocking decisions.

Absolutely chuffed 5 points from 3 decent sides, can't argue.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The club needs to make an official complaint of the referees incompetance today
  • Options
    Well done Jacko, if only football was as simple as we all make out then we would all be managing clubs, I will dig myself out for moaning about him on Sunday, great result and four unbeaten now. I did not see that result or performance for that matter coming.
  • Options
    Forgot to say well done Alnwick. That was a crucial penalty save.
  • Options
    Well deserved point. Well done Chrissy, the lads and all our supporters up there.

Thanks also to Red and PaddyP - great match thread.

Happy....
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Off_it said:

And that's why you should never give up in football. A lesson some of our fans would do well to learn.

Well done to Chris and the boys. Sounds like it was fully deserved.

Exactly this, Spanners lost 3-1 in the end and QPR turned it around to beat Donny 2-1. Three points clear of the drop zone and a goal difference worth another point against the bottom 4 sides as we stand.
  • Options
    it sounded like the ref was a total plum..great to save a penalty, a bit of justice it seems...a very good away point.
  • Options
    Counting our blessings....

1. Unbeaten in 4 and a respectable points haul over Christmas
    2. Picked best 11
    3. Subs brave and positive
    4. Tons of character to come back despite Atwell and bad luck
    5. A penalty save (yes, us!! can't remember the last one)

Such a shame that Sordell had to go off.

Fingers crossed the deal gets done, some signings are made and we get 2 or 3 wins under our belt soon to climb the table.

Thanks to Red, Seth and paddy for the match thread, and huge respect to the 800 odd Addicks who braved the elements to cheer on the lads. Well rewarded with that late goal.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

it sounded like the ref was a total plum..great to save a penalty, a bit of justice it seems...a very good away point.

Oi

• Options
    Almost forgot... How did Sordell do in the 40mins or so that he was on the pitch?
  • Options
    Why was Sordell taken off? And how did he play first half?
  • Options
    Unbeaten this year.
  • Options
    If Stewart's loan period is now over & Sordell has done his hammy, is today the last time we will see these two players in a Charlton shirt?
  • Options

Why was Sordell taken off? And how did he play first half?

Pulled hamstring.....

• Options
    edited January 2014
    I have gained almost as much satisfaction in knowing that Atwell's punt on Ipswich to win clearly did not pay off for him despite his best efforts. The one thing that is clear is that we are too good to be where we are. We'll start climbing the table soon enough.
  • Options
    What we need is shit loads of rain to call sats game off to give the boys some extra rest just in case the take over don't happen soon enough

Very proud of the boys and especially SCP, AD,DM

Take the criticism when needed but also the plaudits

Can't imagine how hard it must be to work this constrained for funds and assistance
  • Options
    I'm interested in people's opinions of Atwell today.
    I wasn't at the game, so I'm genuinely wondering;
    Was his performance actually terrible, or are people viewing through Charlton coloured specs?
    We football fans (and I include myself) do have a tendency to exaggerate in our teams favour, but today's reports seem more critical of the ref than usual, suggesting that he really did have a stinker.
    So, if you were there, what do you think? Genuinely awful or maybe a couple of 50-50 decisions that just went the other team's way?
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    If we'd been one up and conceded late we'd all be down or worse

Do it the other way and we're (mostly) happy.

Yet the result is the same. Football, hey. : - )

Sounds like we went for it and got the luck with a big deflection that has been going against us.

Pleased for JJ. How many times have CAFC fans written him after a bad game only for him to come back?

And super Ben Ann-ick.

Good away point against an in form team and four unbeaten. Would be nice if we'd got another win but take what we can.

Fingers crossed the TO is done before the next league game and CP can a little bit extra we need to push up the table.