Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jimenez is a blogger....

Comments

• Options
    His way of responding to the fans' anger and frustration over the takeover fallout and the contract issue???........
  • Options
    Its actually a good article thanks.

I wish he would put his views across more than he does.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    It is a shame that those success stories seem to be increasingly rare these days. We live in a culture which desires instant gratification, and immediate reward.

But there is little money to be made in the game nowadays, particularly at the lower end of the football pyramid - and the recent introduction of Financial Fair Play regulations has seen the gulf between the rich and poor widen even further.

Over the last decade or so, unrealistic expectations and a lack of patience have turned football into a negative environment where failure, and improvement, is rarely allowed.
    Sounds like he’s saying clubs like us must learn to live within their means.
  • Options
    That was a good read. Interesting comments about club identity, and about Powell - assuming they're his words, of course.
  • Options

Was that placed in the small ads section?
  • Options
    Understanding the clubs identity? Think he's got that badly wrong in terms of the staff and the supporters. Refers to Valley McMoist's post in terms of "our" club. Interesting nonetheless that he feels qualified to hand out owner advice to David Beckham. Sounds like a 28 handicapper.
  • Options
    There is chaff all he can say to please some so perhaps he'd do better continuing to say nothing.

He states he's the owner - was it not thought he was the 'front man' for the owners ?
  • Options
    Interesting, but surreal in the circumstances. Anybody have any idea what to read into it, if anything?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I swear sometimes that CAFC these days is some elaborate new reality show or soap opera and we're not yet in on it.

What a bizarre start to the day seeing this article....

It's a well (ghost I presume) written piece. The bits about how hard it is for foreign owners doesn't sound like something that would be said if such foreign new owners were waiting in the wings...

In fact the tone of the whole piece makes me fear this is softening us up, giving some context, and attempting to make him "one of us" before administration is announced at the end of the week.

Hope I have got this completely wrong.
  • Options
    Very interesting, at least the dreaded 'vote of confidence' was only implied :-0
  • Options
    Let's hope he stays true to his word and supports Chris Powell over the next few months. We've got some tough fixtures coming up and could well find ourselves in the bottom three at 5pm on Saturday. Let's hope he doesn't panic and backs him in January.

On another note - he writes for the Huff Post but hasn't even provided any official club channel with a single sentence in almost three years.
  • Options
    Bizarre. Absolutely bizarre.

Firstly, I'd be amazed if that ghost write was based on even 10% of his comments, but even so, things just go from the sublime to the ridiculous.

Would love to know what all the local hacks thinks about this having not got a squeak out of him for three years !

What next, will he be starring in the next series of Splash ?
  • Options
    Does this piece ring true with comments from charlton contacts that have attended various meetings?
    on face value seems good news for Powell.
  • Options
    Agree with WSS. we don't hear anything from him put he does some random piece like this.

Stupid thing is if he did more of these articles/ statements in the program or local press it would go along way to building a relationship with the fans and making people less worried about him. If what he states in there are his true believes then i think that's what a good percentage of fans would want to hear from him as well.
  • Options
    My first thoughts were' its a wind up'.
    Still not sure. Maybe some sort of swan song statement before,he thought wrongly , the baton was about to be passed.
    Dated the 9th and a strong American slant to it with reference to Lerner. 'Thanks,goodnight, and I think you'll be ok 'is what I think it's about.
  • Options
    Dated the 9th - ah didn't spot that. Then I agree it reads more of a farewell rather than what I originally thought.

Nonetheless extremely strange still!!
  • Options
    very odd
  • Options
    The full bio if you click on his name made me chuckle.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I didn't realise our 101 points a couple of years ago was the highest points tally in Europe that year.
  • Options
    Good enough article, can't see why a few would believe that he'd employ a writer to pen a blog.
  • Options
    If it was written for us as supporters in mind and published on the 9th, I'm surprised that it has taken until now for it to be spotted - would have thought that it would have been planted somewhere before now.
  • Options
    Interesting that Cory Gibbs was at the forefront of that takeover bid
  • Options
    good article (albeit a bit strange i.e location of it etc), some will still moan about it though, I guess he's dammed if he does and dammed if he doesn't!
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    The way people can pull unseen meanings from texts…? we must have more than a few English literature graduates on this board.
  • Options
    Can't make any sense of what is going on, will just try and support the team and look at Charlton through my son's eyes who thinks we're the greatest team in Europe and Simon Church the holder of the ballon d'or.
  • Options
    Strange that our Tone is starting to do this sort of stuff.

Almost as if he's short of a few bob at the moment and could do with some extra income.
  • Options
    oldbloke said:

The full bio if you click on his name made me chuckle.

Particularly this bit:

"Tony is particularly accomplished in identifying development opportunities, which produce significant returns in relatively short periods of time this is mainly through acquiring significant planning gains".

• Options
    I am so confused :(