Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jimenez is a blogger....

Comments

• Options
    Addickted said:

I heard about the Beckham link a couple of weeks ago, but thought is wise not to post.

You're not confusing it wit the Beckenham link are you?

• Options

I am really surprised you have all missed it! It's clear to me that we TJ et al are about to sell us to David Beckham.

Tony Jimenez is an extremely common name in Andalucia, particularly in Seville and Cordoba provinces. I knew several myself and I believe it is the name of a famous highwayman (bandito).

He is a definitely a bandit
  • Options
    edited December 2013

Tony Jimenez is an extremely common name in Andalucia, particularly in Seville and Cordoba provinces. I knew several myself and I believe it is the name of a famous highwayman (bandito).

But we not dealing with a Tony Jimenez in Andalucia – we’re dealing with our Brixton born majority ‘owner’ who in the potted bio accompanying his recent Huffington Post article said he had:

“started his working career in local government, qualifying with the Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy - he occupied many senior positions including Director of Finance during a 10-year career in Local Government”

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/tony-jimenez/

Airman Brown then added that:

“I have seen it asserted by him that he has worked for LB Southwark and Tower Hamlets, and that at Southwark he was head of exchequer services”.

A bit of digging revealed a “Mr T M Jiminez…born on 2 December 1962” (the same date as our Tony) who was “employed by Southwark from November 1981 to May 1992 and from 10 May 1995 until his resignation on 26 February 1998”, at which time he was “Head of Client Services on the Exchequer side” (which corresponds to what Airman had seen).

He then took Southwark Council to an Employment Tribunal claiming disability discrimination and constructive dismissal, which then led to an Employment Appeal Tribunal and ended in the Court of Appeal.

Full reports of the Employment Appeal Tribunal and the Court of Appeal case in the links below:

http://www.employmentappeals.gov.uk/Public/Upload/EAT1326991742002.doc

http://www.bailii.org/ew/cases/EWCA/Civ/2003/502.html

Ignoring for the moment the absence of any evidence to support his claim that he was ever a ‘Director of Finance’ - all this casts a somewhat ironic light on the recent spate of Employment Tribunal and court cases faced by CAFC from former senior staff as a result the personnel practices of Jimenez’s senior managers at the club. But it also raises questions about the substance of our ‘majority owner’s’ personal assets, if only 10 years ago he was pursuing a court case for wrongful dismissal from a middle management post with a London council.

• Options
    IdleHans said:

It might just be me, but every time I read this thread's title I sing "He wears a bloggers hat" inside my head.

Jimenez is a blogger
    He wears a bloggers hat
    When it comes to selling football clubs
    He really is a p.............. (make up your own ending)

• Options
    or

Jimenez is a blogger
    He wears a bloggers hat
    He only wants your stadium
    To build a luxury flat
  • Options
    micks1950 said:

But we not dealing with a Tony Jimenez in Andalucia – we’re dealing with our Brixton born majority ‘owner’ who in the potted bio accompanying his recent Huffington Post article said he had:

“started his working career in local government, qualifying with the Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy - he occupied many senior positions including Director of Finance during a 10-year career in Local Government”

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/tony-jimenez/

Airman Brown then added that:

“I have seen it asserted by him that he has worked for LB Southwark and Tower Hamlets, and that at Southwark he was head of exchequer services”.

A bit of digging revealed a “Mr T M Jiminez…born on 2 December 1962” (the same date as our Tony) who was “employed by Southwark from November 1981 to May 1992 and from 10 May 1995 until his resignation on 26 February 1998”, at which time he was “Head of Client Services on the Exchequer side” (which corresponds to what Airman had seen).

He then took Southwark Council to an Employment Tribunal claiming disability discrimination and constructive dismissal, which then led to an Employment Appeal Tribunal and ended in the Court of Appeal.

Full reports of the Employment Appeal Tribunal and the Court of Appeal case in the links below:

http://www.employmentappeals.gov.uk/Public/Upload/EAT1326991742002.doc

http://www.bailii.org/ew/cases/EWCA/Civ/2003/502.html

Ignoring for the moment the absence of any evidence to support his claim that he was ever a ‘Director of Finance’ - all this casts a somewhat ironic light on the recent spate of Employment Tribunal and court cases faced by CAFC from former senior staff as a result the personnel practices of Jimenez’s senior managers at the club. But it also raises questions about the substance of our ‘majority owner’s’ personal assets, if only 10 years ago he was pursuing a court case for wrongful dismissal from a middle management post with a London council.

that's pretty interesting stuff.

I reckon Ol Tone could write a fascinating book about his life transition from when he was a local gov middle manager.

Ghost wrote, naturally.

• Options
    Maybe the previous medical condition mentioned explains his low attendance record at the valley.
  • Options
    I'm currently working with Jiminez on the movie "Saving Santa", albeit indirectly ...
  • Options
    oldbloke said:

Maybe the previous medical condition mentioned explains his low attendance record at the valley.

Or the air fare from Cyprus...........and the Chelsea season ticket....

• Options
    edited December 2013
    This is indeed interesting stuff. According to the Employment Appeals Tribunal decision, TJ's last day of work for Southwark was January 16th, 1996, having been in the exchequer post for less than a year, some of which he appears to have been on sick leave. Thereafter he was involved in a long dispute with the council, who had stopped paying him about 14 months before he "resigned" claiming constructive dismissal in 1998. The tribunal found for TJ, but the appeals tribunal overturned their decision on grounds of bias. This in turn was reversed by the court of appeal, if my understanding is correct. TJ also appears to have sued the council separately for damages. Southwark eventually accepted his retirement on health grounds in 2000, but the court of appeal ruling is dated 2002.

It's not, in my view, possible or appropriate to express a view on the validity of his case, but I think it is reasonable to ask where and when he was ever a director of finance.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2013
    So if i am reading the factual aspects correctly, he was off sick for over 2 years with depression, to such an extent that it was judged he would never return to working at a full-functioning level and retired on ill-health grounds ?

is that correct ?

Yet within a few years he was a multi-millionaire property magnate?

There appears to be hope for us all....
  • Options
    I'm surprised more hasn't been made of the Council's OHT assumption that he actually had another job elsewhere whilst he was off sick.
  • Options
    edited December 2013

So if i am reading the factual aspects correctly, he was off sick for over 2 years with depression, to such an extent that it was judged he would never return to working at a full-functioning level and retired on ill-health grounds ?

is that correct ?

It would also be interesting to know if he is in receipt of a Local Government pension - which, from my understanding, would have been possible (likely even) if he was officially medically retired on ill-health grounds from a permanent local government post?

I believe that the Local Government scheme (like other public sector pensions) now requires early medical retirees to demonstrate an inability to undertake any kind of future work (not just the job they were previously doing) - although I'm not sure if that was the case at the time of TJ's 'retirement' (2000)?

• Options
    micks1950 said:

is that correct ?

It would also be interesting to know if he is in receipt of a Local Government pension - which, from my understanding, would have been possible (likely even) if he was officially medically retired on ill-health grounds from a permanent local government post?

I believe that the Local Government scheme (like other public sector pensions) now requires early medical retirees to demonstrate an inability to undertake any kind of future work (not just the job they were previously doing) - although I'm not sure if that was the case at the time of TJ's 'retirement' (2000)?

An amazing transformation.

I Never had dealings with the local government scheme,but I know the London Transport scheme in the past would allow you to have a part time job as long combined with your pension it didn't exceed your former salary.

They would automatically review people every three years, so TJ probably wouldn't still be in receipt of the pension now if similar rules applied.

• Options
    If TJ was retired on the grounds of ill health in 2000, he will be in receipt of an enhanced Local Government final salary pension. Of that I am sure...
  • Options
    I tell you something, reading though couple of those reports, some of this stuff is literally unbelievable.
  • Options
    Have to say that despite all this being in the public domain it feels a bit uncomfortable going over his illnesses/disabilities.

• Options
    I wonder if he'd be uncomfortable if the boot was on the other foot.
  • Options
    Blooger or blagger ?
  • Options

he was off sick for over 2 years with depression

it was judged he would never return to working at a full-functioning level

retired on ill-health grounds ?

Don't tell me.
    He was advised by his doctor/psychiatrist to buy Charlton Athletic as some crazy reverse therapy?

• Sponsored links:

• Options

If TJ was retired on the grounds of ill health in 2000, he will be in receipt of an enhanced Local Government final salary pension. Of that I am sure...

My understanding is that you can be awarded a maximum of six and two-thirds years to your service for the calculation of 80ths of your final salary as a pension and lump sum.
  • Options

Maybe not and perhaps that is why he's got a big house in Chelsfield and I've got a semi-detached in Bromley.

Either way it feels uncomfortable.

• Options

My understanding is that you can be awarded a maximum of six and two-thirds years to your service for the calculation of 80ths of your final salary as a pension and lump sum.
    That is correct...
  • Options

Maybe not and perhaps that is why he's got a big house in Chelsfield and I've got a semi-detached in Bromley.

I blame whoever it was told Huffington Post he'd been a director of finance. Nobody would have looked without that ...
  • Options

I blame whoever it was told Huffington Post he'd been a director of finance. Nobody would have looked without that ...
    Oh what a tangled web we weave,
    When first we practise to deceive!
  • Options

Have to say that despite all this being in the public domain it feels a bit uncomfortable going over his illnesses/disabilities.

this!
  • Options
    edited December 2013

I agree and did/do feel uncomfortable – but in light of what seems to be either a remarkable recovery or an impressive ability to succeed despite his difficulties I thought it was appropriate to post the information.

As Airman has posted (based on reading the reports of the Employment Appeal Tribunal and Appeal Court case that I linked):

“According to the Employment Appeals Tribunal decision, TJ's last day of work for Southwark was January 16th, 1996, having been in the exchequer post for less than a year, some of which he appears to have been on sick leave. Thereafter he was involved in a long dispute with the council, who had stopped paying him about 14 months before he "resigned" claiming constructive dismissal in 1998…Southwark eventually accepted his retirement on health grounds in 2000”

Yet in his Huffington Post ‘biography’ (as well as claiming to have been a local government ‘Director of Finance’ – for which there is no evidence) it states that:

In the 1990s, Tony turned his attention to property development with a focus on the UAE market. As Director of the Hexagon project, he spearheaded the early development of the DIFC (Dubai International Financial Centre) where he led negotiations and plans, which produced in excess of $100m in profits for the company.

In 2000, Tony pursued his keen sporting interests, forming Casa Sports with leading QC, Jim Sturman. Optimising his connections, Tony closed several high-profile sports deals and secured substantial investments into several of Dubai landmark projects, including Palm Island”.

Some of which (if true) surely must have occurred while pursuing his tribunal and Appeal Court case (April 2003) and his claim for medical retirement from Southwark council on ill-health grounds (granted in 2000)?

Therefore, because of his major role in CAFC, I would have thought that this information qualifies as ‘public interest’ rather than just being intrusive gossip that might just ‘interest the public’?

• Options
    micks1950 said:

I agree and did/do feel uncomfortable – but in light of what seems to be either a remarkable recovery or an impressive ability to succeed despite his difficulties I thought it was appropriate to post the information.

As Airman has posted (based on reading the reports of the Employment Appeal Tribunal and Appeal Court case that I linked):

“According to the Employment Appeals Tribunal decision, TJ's last day of work for Southwark was January 16th, 1996, having been in the exchequer post for less than a year, some of which he appears to have been on sick leave. Thereafter he was involved in a long dispute with the council, who had stopped paying him about 14 months before he "resigned" claiming constructive dismissal in 1998…Southwark eventually accepted his retirement on health grounds in 2000”

Yet in his Huffington Post ‘biography’ (as well as claiming to have been a local government ‘Director of Finance’ – for which there is no evidence) he claims that:

In the 1990s, Tony turned his attention to property development with a focus on the UAE market. As Director of the Hexagon project, he spearheaded the early development of the DIFC (Dubai International Financial Centre) where he led negotiations and plans, which produced in excess of $100m in profits for the company.

In 2000, Tony pursued his keen sporting interests, forming Casa Sports with leading QC, Jim Sturman. Optimising his connections, Tony closed several high-profile sports deals and secured substantial investments into several of Dubai landmark projects, including Palm Island”.

Some of which (if true) surely must have occurred while pursuing his tribunal and court cases and his claim for medical retirement from Southwark council on ill-health grounds (granted in 2000)?

Therefore, because of his major role in CAFC, I would have thought that this information qualifies as ‘public interest’ rather than just being intrusive gossip that might just ‘interest the public’?

Not disputing that it is of interest or saying you were wrong to post it.

It is in the public domain already and as Ab implied it was TJ's claim to be a DOF that lead to people digging deeper.

So, yes it could be said he brought in on himself and it doesn't show him in a good light at all.

I am no apologist for TJ or a defender of how he has run our club but it still makes me feel uncomfortable.

That he seems to have been developing his own business while claiming unfair dismissal on grounds of ill health does lessen the feeling though as it does suggest that it may not be all that was claimed.
  • Options

micks1950 said:

Yet in his Huffington Post ‘biography’ (as well as claiming to have been a local government ‘Director of Finance’ – for which there is no evidence) he claims that:

Some of which (if true) surely must have occurred while pursuing his tribunal and court cases and his claim for medical retirement from Southwark council on ill-health grounds (granted in 2000)?

Not disputing that it is of interest or saying you were wrong to post it.

It is in the public domain already and as Ab implied it was TJ's claim to be a DOF that lead to people digging deeper.

So, yes it could be said he brought in on himself and it doesn't show him in a good light at all.

I am no apologist for TJ or a defender of how he has run our club but it still makes me feel uncomfortable.

That he seems to have been developing his own business while claiming unfair dismissal on grounds of ill health does lessen the feeling though as it does suggest that it may not be all that was claimed.
    I haven't said that TJ has made that claim, since I have no evidence that he is responsible for his own biography. I'd advise posters to stick to facts.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    I did say implied but point taken.

I should have said that "I inferred"