Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jimenez is a blogger....

Comments

• Options

Matt Wright @mattjobob has an interesting view on TJ joining the blogging ranks

Where can we find this blog Henry?
    its his twitter
    https://twitter.com/mattjobob
  • Options
    @rachelekleinman has put the boot in too. Ex-CAFC comms staff on two continents launch attack on TJ and I'm not even involved!
  • Options

Well, I've worked in Local Government finance since 1980 and I've never come across a Mr Tony Jimenez as a DOF for any Council. I will make enquiries but I smell something. I think it's Bull droppings....

I have seen it asserted by him that he has worked for LB Southwark and Tower Hamlets, and that at Southwark he was head of exchequer services.
    Ok, so that's a strange one. I've worked in the same place as a Tony Jimenez in the past, and I worked for LB Southwark in the early 90s. I can't be 100% sure, but I'm fairly confident it was at LBS that the name appeared. Indeed I recall asking myself the obvious question when Jimenez popped up at Newcastle, but dismissed it. Hmm...
  • Options
    I'm not sure this blog isn't anything more than building profile and credentials. The two pieces are interesting, and position TJ in a very different place to my perception of the guy.

Given the damage the Wise court case loss will have done to his reputation at a time he's trying to sell his club, is it possible he's simply bunged a bit of the green stuff to a PR firm to manage away the reputational damage, and this is part of their plan? Timing kind of works, and would explain the content and host.
  • Options
    Can someone explain why it matters whether the article is ghostwritten or not? When you ghostwrite for someone, you don’t just make it all up and sign a name under it - you are provided with specific content/points to be made.

Also, Huff don’t pay contributors but they do employ editors. Anyone who has ever had a piece of writing go through an editorial process will know just how quickly an experienced editor can make something sound polished and professional.
  • Options
    Chunes said:

Can someone explain why it matters whether the article is ghostwritten or not? When you ghostwrite for someone, you don’t just make it all up and sign a name under it - you are provided with specific content/points to be made.

Also, Huff don’t pay contributors but they do employ editors. Anyone who has ever had a piece of writing go through an editorial process will know just how quickly an experienced editor can make something sound polished and professional.

I think it's material because the issue with Jimenez has been his failure to engage with supporters on any level. This has made it difficult for fans to form a judgement of him and associated with that to place any trust in his leadership. His behaviour has been so unusual as to become a talking point in itself.

The more moderated this piece is, the less it reveals of him. Indeed, as people have said it challenges the perceptions of him that have been formed on the basis of the limited information available. I don't doubt that's what it's intended to do, but if the impression it gives is a false one then it doesn't take people's understanding forward.

To illustrate the point, I wrote Keith Peacock's book. But Keith and I worked very hard to make it his voice and his ideas rather than mine. Our purpose was to represent him accurately. We don't know that this was the purpose here.

As an aside, I can assure you that in football, although I am not talking about this article, ghost writers very often "make it all up and sign a name under it". Players in particular often have very little involvement in things that appear under their name, at Charlton and elsewhere.

• Options
    edited December 2013
    rikofold said:

Well, I've worked in Local Government finance since 1980 and I've never come across a Mr Tony Jimenez as a DOF for any Council. I will make enquiries but I smell something. I think it's Bull droppings....

I have seen it asserted by him that he has worked for LB Southwark and Tower Hamlets, and that at Southwark he was head of exchequer services.
    Ok, so that's a strange one. I've worked in the same place as a Tony Jimenez in the past, and I worked for LB Southwark in the early 90s. I can't be 100% sure, but I'm fairly confident it was at LBS that the name appeared. Indeed I recall asking myself the obvious question when Jimenez popped up at Newcastle, but dismissed it. Hmm...
    See link below.

http://www.bailii.org/ew/cases/EWCA/Civ/2003/502.html

The Jiminez in this case (it doesn’t give his first name) “was employed by Southwark from November 1981 to May 1992 and from 10 May 1995 until his resignation on 26 February 1998. At the time of his resignation he was the Head of Client Services in the Financial Management Services Division of the Strategic Services Department of Southwark. He was then only in his early 30s”.

According to wikipedia our Tony Jimenez was born in December 1962 - so roughly the right age, and it seems something of a coincidence if there were 2 Jimenez’s both about the same age occupying senior financial positions at Southwark at the same time (although possibly a relative)?

However, it’s surely not the same man is it? If it is then it would be something of a rich irony in light of the recent ‘staffing difficulties’ at CAFC.

• Options

Chunes said:

I think it's material because the issue with Jimenez has been his failure to engage with supporters on any level. This has made it difficult for fans to form a judgement of him and associated with that to place any trust in his leadership. His behaviour has been so unusual as to become a talking point in itself.

The more moderated this piece is, the less it reveals of him. Indeed, as people have said it challenges the perceptions of him that have been formed on the basis of the limited information available. I don't doubt that's what it's intended to do, but if the impression it gives is a false one then it doesn't take people's understanding forward.

To illustrate the point, I wrote Keith Peacock's book. But Keith and I worked very hard to make it his voice and his ideas rather than mine. Our purpose was to represent him accurately. We don't know that this was the purpose here.

As an aside, I can assure you that in football, although I am not talking about this article, ghost writers very often "make it all up and sign a name under it". Players in particular often have very little involvement in things that appear under their name, at Charlton and elsewhere.

I did wonder why Keith’s book had so many grammatical and punctuation errors! ;o)
  • Options
    I just love the fact that the title of this thread has been changed from 'Jimenez blog' to 'Jimenez is a blogger' lol...A telling change in itself.....
  • Options
    micks1950 said:

rikofold said:

See link below.

The Jiminez in this case (it doesn’t give his first name) “was employed by Southwark from November 1981 to May 1992 and from 10 May 1995 until his resignation on 26 February 1998. At the time of his resignation he was the Head of Client Services in the Financial Management Services Division of the Strategic Services Department of Southwark. He was then only in his early 30s”.

According to wikipedia our Tony Jimenez was born in December 1962 - so roughly the right age, and it seems something of a coincidence if there were 2 Jimenez’s both about the same age occupying senior financial positions at Southwark at the same time (although possibly a relative)?

However, it’s surely not the same man is it? If it is then it would be something of a rich irony in light of the recent ‘staffing difficulties’ at CAFC.

It's the other spelling, so unlikely to be the same person?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Chunes said:

Please tell me this doesn't apply to Garry Nelson's books - they ware a fantastic read and I would be very disappointed if I were to discover that much of it was just made up!
  • Options

micks1950 said:

rikofold said:

See link below.

You're probably right - however here's another link listing a 'TONY JIMINEZ ' as a Director of a now dissolved company (along with a GRAEME MUIR), and he has a Cyprus address:

http://www.companieslist.co.uk/06528471-soliton-capital-limited

However, our JIMENEZ is listed as a founder of Gateway Films along with Graeme Muir (and Cash):

https://twitter.com/gatewayfilms

• Options

Chunes said:

Please tell me this doesn't apply to Garry Nelson's books - they ware a fantastic read and I would be very disappointed if I were to discover that much of it was just made up!
    No, and I think that was a big part of their success.
  • Options
    micks1950 said:

rikofold said:

See link below.

I wouldn't imagine Antonio Jimenez is an unusual name in latin quarters either. You may have cleared up an odd coincidence that was bothering me.
  • Options
    micks1950 said:

micks1950 said:

rikofold said:

See link below.

You're probably right - however here's another link listing a 'TONY JIMINEZ ' as a Director of a now dissolved company (along with a GRAEME MUIR), and he has a Cyprus address:

http://www.companieslist.co.uk/06528471-soliton-capital-limited

However, our JIMENEZ is listed as a founder of Gateway Films along with Graeme Muir (and Cash):

https://twitter.com/gatewayfilms

Or not. Bugger.
  • Options

Chunes said:

I am pretty certain that both books were overwhelmingly composed of Nelse`s own content. Sure they were probably edited for readability but I dont think they were "ghost-written" in the traditional sports biog sense. I dont have my copies to hand, but the publisher details in the first few pages would reveal this.

back to the thread. wow. Huffington Post no less. Of all the places I would expect TJ to appear, it would not be in this paper. Hello Liberal America!

Interestingly, not one single comment seems to have been made in response to his article.

I think the grammar in the article is awful (writer cannot use a comma or a hyphen) but there is a good rhythm to the piece and some interesting words used. I didnt consider TJ a literary type so I imagine this has been done for him.

It is a shame the first thing to come out his mouth in donkey`s years publically is in a publication very few Addicks read. I cant disagree with much of what is stated, although I think the comparison of the faith shown in Paul Lambert compared to the backing for SCP is a very tenuous parallel.

• Options
    Anthony Fowles was Co author of Left Foot Forward
  • Options
    oldbloke said:

Anthony Fowles was Co author of Left Foot Forward

Didn't he also write " The French Lieutenant's Woman" ? :-)
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    I think it is the same Jimenez - check out Les Bordes Holdings and International Land Bank - far too much of a coincidence in my book.
  • Options
    edited December 2013

I think it is the same Jimenez - check out Les Bordes Holdings and International Land Bank - far too much of a coincidence in my book.

It IS the same man.

I've now found the report of the Employment Appeal Tribunal, that was appealed by Jiminez/Jimenez in the Court of Appeal case that I linked earlier in the thread, and it involved a Mr T M Jiminez "born on 2 December 1962" - the date of Tony Jimenez's birth listed in many places elsewhere. The report also states that he "applied for the post of Head of Client Services on the Exchequer side", which ties in with what Airman said he'd heard.

The full report is on this link: http://www.employmentappeals.gov.uk/Public/Upload/EAT1326991742002.doc

EAT/1326/99 Contract of Employment

Breach of Contract (obsolete sub-topic)
    LONDON BOROUGH OF SOUTHWARK MR T M JIMINEZ
    THE HONOURABLE MR JUSTICE BELL 17/04/2002

"This is an appeal by the London Borough of Southwark (“the council”) against the decision of the Employment Tribunal held at London South that the council discriminated against Mr Jiminez contrary to section 5(1) – (2) of the Disability Discrimination Act 1995 (“the 1995 Act”) combined with section 4(2)(b)(c) – (d), and that it unfairly, constructively dismissed him contrary to section 94 of the Employment Rights Act 1996".

As I said before it's something of a rich irony bearing in mind the treatment of Airman and others over the past year.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    With Mr Jimenez's new found writing skills , Does this mean that charlton fans are in for a christmas treat with a barrage of communications from Tony with how the takeovers going?
  • Options
    I am really surprised you have all missed it! It's clear to me that we TJ et al are about to sell us to David Beckham.

Tony Jimenez is an extremely common name in Andalucia, particularly in Seville and Cordoba provinces. I knew several myself and I believe it is the name of a famous highwayman (bandito).
  • Options

I am really surprised you have all missed it! It's clear to me that we TJ et al are about to sell us to David Beckham.

Totally obvious now you mention it ;-)
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

Those of us ITK knew that all along......

:-)

• Options
    ....and rhythm is a dancer
  • Options

stonemuse said:

Those of us ITK knew that all along......

• Options
    Now I have thought about it, it all makes sense. The Beckham academy, his dad going to home games, wanting to call his son Charlton, the tattoo of the valley on his arse, Posh being an anagram of Hops (what could be more Kent). The list is endless.
  • Options
    I heard about the Beckham link a couple of weeks ago, but thought is wise not to post.
  • Options
    IdleHans said:

It might just be me, but every time I read this thread's title I sing "He wears a bloggers hat" inside my head.

Ha, ha, 'He wears cor blimey trousers and he's acting like a prat'