Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sam Sodje named as match fixing rigger

Akpo also named.

In todays Sun

Comments

• Options
    Oh dear, whilst not big parts of our past, they are still ex CAFC and claimed an affinity with our club. So that news is slightly painful.
  • Options
    Ouch, and I had thought that the Sodjes and all their charitable stuff was all very worthy.
  • Options
    I knew we were not that bad really!!!
  • Options
    are Charlton mentioned at all in the article ?
  • Options
    It's a five page exposee. Akpo also.saying hoe easy it is. Concentrated on bookings and sendings off for between 30-70 grand.

Scum
  • Options
    Was it while they were playing for us or since leaving?
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Akpo was so sh*t I wouldn't even bet on him to get booked on purpose.

Complete clown.
  • Options

It's a five page exposee. Akpo also.saying hoe easy it is. Concentrated on bookings and sendings off for between 30-70 grand.

Scum

He'd have been fucked if they'd asked him to score a goal though.
  • Options
    Sam loved a sending off
  • Options
    might have been before he was involved in all this, but always thought Sam's early sending off in that Swindon home game was potentially dodgy
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Didn't Sam also get sent off in the first half at Yeovil for a diabolical first half challenge ?
  • Options
    Doesn't/didn't their siste play for our women's team too ?
  • Options
    I would've thought the authoritys are going to look back over every one of his sending off's now.
  • Options
    Fucking hell. In hindsight you have to say that it would explain a lot of Sodje's erratic behavior on the field.

Totally stunned.
  • Options
    silly boy
  • Options
    I would have thought the authorities would look at their time at Charlton although it was a few years back now.
  • Options
    Sad news. I'm always suspicious when I see a side kick off and put the ball straight out.
  • Options

Fucking hell. In hindsight you have to say that it would explain a lot of Sodje's erratic behavior on the field.

Totally stunned.

I can kind of agree. There were times he looked really good, and then times he made absolutely ridiculous mistakes - bad passes, terrible challenges... if they were indeed mistakes.

Damn shame is what it is.
  • Options
    We'll be kicked out of the league due to being an accessory!
  • Options
    Damm, I'll have to got to a supermarket cafe to 'read' the Sun now.....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Mind you, the warning signs were there, when his SUV was nicked and then returned with some damage to it, he did say he would have to take it to a garage to get it fixed
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Doesn't/didn't their siste play for our women's team too ?

Not sure it may be Sone Aluko's (Hull) sister that your thinking of as she definitely played for us
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Uboat said:

Sad news. I'm always suspicious when I see a side kick off and put the ball straight out.

Been thinking this for years. Dodgy.

I think it was in the Upton Park years that we did this every time we kicked off.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Makes you wonder how common cheating in betting is , you've only got see how players dive to the floor for penalties.

Having just seen the video surely this is just the tip of the iceberg , i don't know how betting on corners, yellow / red cards etc can be legit, must be very tempting for a player with the money on offer, especially if they are in the twilight of their career.
  • Options
    'IF' any of this is proven, I hope they throw the book at them (no pun intended).

Bang out of order on fans and the players that have had nothing to do with it.

• Options
    There's one specific incident mentioned in the Telegraph when he got sent off in February this year for Pompey against Oldham, reckoned he got 70 grand for it.

• Options
    Bit surprised it wasn't Llera to be honest, always thought it was dodgy how shit he was (is!) ... :-)
  • Options
    Uboat said:

Did anyone notice Leeds done this kicking off the 2nd half? I thought at the time there could be a wager on that.

• Options
    Here is Sam Sodje being caught red handed.

http://youtu.be/iz98waOBjWc