Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Snooker updates

Comments

• Options
    Cyrpus have a world ranking winner
  • Options

@johnnybev1987 have u looked at your cashout value

Mine is £13

I cant cash out any at mo mate.
    Not surprised usually stops when each round is on lol.

I shoved a quid on Georgiou at 20s before last 16 started.

Nice start for you with Yong going through
    Wished i shoved a couple quid more on it now
  • Options
    I'm pleased for Michael, nice lad and that's a big breakthrough for him. I knew him when he was about 13 or 14 and he played for my team.
  • Options
    After a week with no snooker it returns tonight from The Guild Hall in Preston

Last Year Barry Hawkins beat Ryan Day 10-7 in the final.

Due to the rules of this competition the top 32 on the 1 year list qualify which means Barry Hawkins is not going to defend his title.

So the 32 players in seeding order.

1-Ronnie O'Sullivan
    2-Mark Williams
    3-Judd Trump
    4-Luca Brecel
    5-Shaun Murphy
    6-Mark Selby
    7-Ding Junhui
    8-John Higgins
    9-Mark Allen
    10-Kyren Wilson
    11-Neil Robertson
    12-Ryan Day
    13-Stephen Maguire
    14-Graeme Dott
    15-Anthony McGill
    16-Martin Gould
    17-Yan Bingtao
    18-Cao Yupeng
    19-Joe Perry
    20-Li Hang
    21-Jack Lisowski
    22-Dave Gilbert
    23-Mark Joyce
    24-Xiao Guodong
    25-Ali Carter
    26-Mark King
    27-Jimmy Robertson
    28-Ricky Walden
    29- Michael Georgiou
    30-Michael White
    31-Stuart Bingham
    32-Robert Milkins
  • Options
    A Champion should always be allowed to defend their title.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

A Champion should always be allowed to defend their title.

100% agree with this
  • Options
    First 2 matches about to start

Ronnie O'Sullivan v Rob Milkns
    Martin Gould v Yan Bingtao

O'Sullivan v Milkins is live on ITV4
  • Options
    Ronnie O'Sullivan 1st through to last 16 with a 4-0 win
  • Options
    First 3 matches of Grand Prix have finished and a fantastic win for a 30 year old Cypriot

Ronnie O'Sullivan 4-0 Rob Milkins
    Yan Bingtao 4-2 Martin Gould
    Michael Georgiou 4-0 Luca Brecel

Ryan Day v Jack Lisowski is currently 3-3 and just going into a final frame decider.
  • Options
    Jack Lisowski win 4-3 and joins
    Bingtao
    O'Sullivan
    Georgiou
    In the last 16
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I didn't watch the snooker last night, there was a choice of football/ snooker & pool , somehow pool won. There is a series started last Monday on Freesports TV (Sky 424) IPA Champions series, its on every week for 20 weeks 7-10pm, they have 4 people each week which do include the odd qualifier, but mainly top ranked players Blackball rules. I Play these rules last couple of years (changed from normal world rules) in local leagues, also we are going to a pro-am in Blackpool in June so interested to watch the better players. We are always near the top of our league( Tunbridge wells) but the standard is nothing compared to other leagues as we have nicked a couple from London area.

Firstly does anyone else play pool league here? I play Wednesday and Thursday, secondly worth a watch or series link if you enjoy watching a bit of pool. Will hopefully watch Ronnie some point the rest of the tournament, although race to 4 is a bit stupid.
  • Options

I didn't watch the snooker last night, there was a choice of football/ snooker & pool , somehow pool won. There is a series started last Monday on Freesports TV (Sky 424) IPA Champions series, its on every week for 20 weeks 7-10pm, they have 4 people each week which do include the odd qualifier, but mainly top ranked players Blackball rules. I Play these rules last couple of years (changed from normal world rules) in local leagues, also we are going to a pro-am in Blackpool in June so interested to watch the better players. We are always near the top of our league( Tunbridge wells) but the standard is nothing compared to other leagues as we have nicked a couple from London area.

Firstly does anyone else play pool league here? I play Wednesday and Thursday, secondly worth a watch or series link if you enjoy watching a bit of pool. Will hopefully watch Ronnie some point the rest of the tournament, although race to 4 is a bit stupid.

I don't, but would be interested in doing so...

Any tips of how to get into it?
  • Options
    edited February 2018

I don't, but would be interested in doing so...

Any tips of how to get into it?
    Yes what area are you from, sorry to derail thread Paulo but do not feel we should have a seperate one. Feel free to PM if easier

There are local leagues most areas, we have players who play in Eltham one Tuesday & thursday, not as much now. If you know what league suits there is normally tonnes of teams looking for players, or can just set up your own as i have done on thursday, Wednesday i just helped someone out as played snooker but now dropped that this season and just playing pool as more fun.

Obviously if you are a new player you might have to start in a lower division and often teams try to poach other players or even start by being a reserve for teams, go along to matches and practice before with them and if your good enough you should get the chance. In my team its made of mates (it wasn't) but when i took over slowly put them in based on reliability and other people being good but i didnt want to completely overhaul, we had a couple of older guys who had always played but when we got to the top divisions they thankfully decided to drop out and find a team more suitable as they would lose alot in the lower leagues.

Sorry a bit long winded, but often teams when either starting out or get problems so struggle to fill teams and always on the look out. we have team of 6 with 2/3 good reserves, reserves are probably better than a couple of us but not always reliable. Often teams we play will mention they are always short and i have passed on numbers of former players or mates who used to play who might help.

PS- i play : www.twpool.com , both Wednesday and Thursday. Thursday we play 3/4 people and more frames. We are Flying Dutchman CC on Wednesday, George and Dragon CC Thursday, doing ok so far only a few games left. You can see single records for wednesday.
  • Options
    So frustrated
    4 matches yesterday
    4 winners but added spurs -1 and Blackburn

So far today both my picks looking good with 2-0 leads
  • Options

So frustrated
    4 matches yesterday

What do you think of the format Paulio? Race to 4 is a bit of a lottery, although all winners could probably half predict yesterday. One of the reasons i didnt bother watching yesterday.
  • Options

So frustrated
    4 matches yesterday

What do you think of the format Paulio? Race to 4 is a bit of a lottery, although all winners could probably half predict yesterday. One of the reasons i didnt bother watching yesterday.
    Its only best of 7 for first 2 rounds
    Quarters best of 9
    Semi best of 11
    Final best of 19

Not ideal but trying to squeeze a tournement into a week in a 2 table set up

Players moan when there are more than 2 tables, so to keep it down to 2 tables players have to have shorter matches in the early rounds.
  • Options
    @johnnybev1987

Based in Beckenham mate.

Thanks for that though, something to look into for sure.

I play in Spanish leagues/tournaments as I spend about 6 weeks a year out there but would like to start playing more over here.

I've a pool table at home, but playing mates who can't hold a cue while pissed isn't quite the same thing!
  • Options
    Anyone looking for a bet to add to an acca for today to take the odds up.

Graeme Dott at evens is a fantastic price.
    Been on great form recently
  • Options

@johnnybev1987

Based in Beckenham mate.

Thanks for that though, something to look into for sure.

I play in Spanish leagues/tournaments as I spend about 6 weeks a year out there but would like to start playing more over here.

I've a pool table at home, but playing mates who can't hold a cue while pissed isn't quite the same thing!

I shall have a look mate and PM details , possibly later or tomorrow as a bit swamped today :)

I know what you mean, i have a snooker table and some friends its not even worth bothering. I dont really play that often anymore although knocked in a few 30s yesterday when had a couple of frames, thats not normally how good i am just must have been a good day,
  • Options

Shame you cant lol your own post
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

You jynxed it Paulster! i thought when you had Allen to beat Xiao, pre-match thought Allen would lose but when 3 up thought you called it well. harsh, also Dott was good value on current form unlucky sir
  • Options

Done it for you :) Your welcome...
  • Options
    I run a team in the Croydon Pool League. It covers Beckenham area as well, I could put you in touch with some teams.
  • Options

I run a team in the Croydon Pool League. It covers Beckenham area as well, I could put you in touch with some teams.

Well done Lawrie, i was just going to say i think croydon is the nearest i hear the standard is pretty decent. I dont think there is any specific to Beckenham but definately get involved if you can and let me know how you get on, would be too far to you to come over to T wells which i have a few contacts and people who play in the Eltham leage http://www.slkpa.com/.

Keep me updated.
  • Options
    Dunno why I forgot to update this last night.l so yesterdays Grand Prix results

Xiao Guodong 4-3 Mark Allen (allen was 3-0 up)
    Stephen Maguire 4-0 Li Hang
    John Higgins 4-3 Ali Carter
    Joe Perry 4-2 Graeme Dott
    Anthony McGill 4-1 Cao Yupeng
    Michael White 4-1 Judd Trump
    Neil Robertson 4-1 Dave Gilbert
    Shaun Murphy 4-1 Ricky Walden
  • Options

That would be great mate, cheers!
  • Options
    Pm me your email address
  • Options
    Bump, where are thou Paulio? i dont want to jump in your grave and you give good updates hope your good today.
  • Options
    Ronnie wins 32nd ranking title and 4th of the season! GOAT beat ding 10-3 in the world grand prix final.

Hope @paulie8290 is ok as no updates
  • Options
    Welsh Open started yesterday, i wont list them all as there were alot of matches
    Jackson Page won 4-3 (had a good run last year as a 15yo)
    Yan Bingtao won 4-3 against Jimmy White, from 3-1 down
    Ronnie was due to play today but got a walkover vs Robin Hull who pulled out

No notable exits so far, Gilbert highest seed out but went out to Anthony Hamilton so not a shock.

Sorry haven't got the time to post it all, but on Eurosport this week if people get a chance.