Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton - Blackburn - Post Match Views

Cracking and much needed away win to leave the travelling thousands with a joyous journey home !

Look forward to hearing from those there. If you did go, please add to the player marks thread.

Comments

• Options
    Great result. Hopefully we are turning the corner. Wigan tired on Sunday and another win please.
  • Options
    Impressive and glad Church got the winner. Like him.
  • Options

Cracking and much needed away win to leave the travelling thousands with a joyous journey home !

Look forward to hearing from those there. If you did go, please add to the player marks thread.

only thousands?! tin-pot.
  • Options
    Didn't go but my 100 percenter friends from last three years did. Should have had a bet, but even I did not fancy this one.Is that the first time we ever stopped Rhodes scoring in a home game v us?
  • Options
    Well done CP and the boys!!! A great 3 points away from home, now all we can do is build on this against Wigan.

Lets carry this on!!! COYR!!!
  • Options
    Get in. Got absolutely drenched coming out the ground but worth it to see a win!
  • Options
    Well done the players and CHRIS POWELL. Great result and should keep the Powell out brigade quiet for a bit longer. From what I heard it was a fighting display from everyone and we had a number of chances. Well done the defence for keeping Rhodes and Best quiet. Wood seems to have made a big difference in the centre of defence.
  • Options
    Fantastic to get the win against a club who had supposedly turned the corner. And good that Kermorgant got a run out. It is still a long way to mid-table but hoping we can make it sooner rather than later with a win next Sunday.
  • Options
    As welcome as it was unexpected. Vital too given results elsewhere. Consolidate with a home win now.
  • Options
    That table would have looked a horror show had we lost. Nothing better than a long journey back than with a good win behind you.

Back to back clean sheets as well
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Great result and another clean sheet. Chris is starting to get it together. Just like last year. :-)
  • Options
    wish I had gone
  • Options
    Great win, absolutely buzzing off if it. Only a set piece goal conceded in the last three games, very strong base to slowly work our way up the table.
  • Options
    A small but significant step forward. 2nd win, 2nd clean sheet and JJ and Yann back.

Reads like a back to wall performance away win like the many we got last season so a good sign. Wood seems to have made a difference at the back.

Pleased for Church, took a lot of stick last game and was written off by some.

Still think this is a bottom half of the table squad but there are a few other ropey teams down there so we have a decent chance of staying up with luck and no more injuries.
  • Options
    Mike said:

Get in. Got absolutely drenched coming out the ground but worth it to see a win!

Fair play to you Mike - enjoy the journey home.

Great win. Hopefully that will shut some of our helmet fans up for a bit. I doubt it, but its good to have a dream.
  • Options
    Let's just enjoy the win without trying to stir others up.

We're on the up.

Hopefully :-)
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Self edited - point made.

A very good evening to all my Charlton brothers.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    The last 3 games have stopped the rot and seen considerable progress. Clean sheets coming and picking up points. Over the moon tonight! Might even entice a few more down to The Valley next weekend!
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Thunder storms up in bburn this evening!

Great win despite the ref being a homer 6 mins added on time for what?!?!
  • Options

Let's just enjoy the win without trying to stir others up.

We're on the up.

Hopefully :-)

I won't mention that you wanted to to cash in for a point at half time then? :0)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    THREEE POOOIIINTSSS
  • Options
    Its often depressing supporting Charlton, often you ask yourself why ..... Blackburn 0 Charlton 1 .... thats why!
  • Options
    Prolly not exciting enough for some of the freak show and the substitutions should have been more attacking/defensive/earlier/later

Massive result and a much needed boost , as usual couldn't see us winning up there in a squillion years

SCP and the boys done us proud

trust the scum to score in millwall time to ease the gloss of what would have been a perfect day

still very tight down the bottom and well done to the millions who made it up there and proves the point that large and hugely passionate followings will get you points

1% top half ............ 69% 13th-21st ............ 30% Bottom three
  • Options
    Superb and totally unexpected result

Fair play to all those that travelled up, bring on Wigan
  • Options

Prolly not exciting enough for some of the freak show and the substitutions should have been more attacking/defensive/earlier/later

Hush!

That sort of talk isn't allowed on here. (I think AFKA is worried about getting beaten up)
  • Options
    Still only scored one goal though ;-)
  • Options
    We seem to have the hoodoo over Blackburn at Ewood in recent years.
  • Options
    Great & totally unexpected result. Brilliant battling performance by the sounds of it.
  • Options
    Listening to the Ewood commentary, it seemed as though we played some nice football and deserved that win. OK, it's only one game, but a game of significance confidence wise. Looking forward to hearing from those that were there.
  • Options
    Addickted said:

We seem to have the hoodoo over Blackburn at Ewood in recent years.

Operation Ewood ?
    ;-)