Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton v Blackpool 2013 Post-Match news and views

No win, but a clean sheet. Over to you...

Comments

• Frustrating afternoon. I'm still locked out of player. How did Charlton do?
  • edited October 2013
    Didn't create enough but Blackpool have started the season pretty well.

Missed Yann up front, the strikers couldn't win the ball or hold it up well enough. Might have been the difference in creating a chance and losing the ball.

Nice to keep a clean sheet at home for once.
  • We offer little threat in attack I'm afraid. Having said that, apart from the mistake late on, we never looked in real trouble either.
    Poor game, but I'll take the point, thank you.
  • Shit game. Suppose thats the fans fault.
  • Good news: first clean sheet in ages.

Bad news: Can't score - one goal now in 360 mins (plus about 20 mins of added time).

Overall : valuable point. But still hard to see where next win will come from...
  • Started well and looked promising. We really miss Yann up front and to add that bite. Until he returns we will struggle for goals. Sordell and Church lightweights.
  • Decent result and performance but we desperately need to start picking up three points.
  • Pleased with the clean sheet and the point but I can't shake off the feeling that with a proper centre forward like Yann we would have taken six points this week. Stopped the rot though that was the most important thing for the time being.
  • That's 2 hours of my life I'm never getting back!!

Happy to take a point but such a boring game!!
  • Thrill a minute edge of the seat rollarcoaster.....

Edit. Guff. 90mins of turgid crap. Blackpool were just as bad. Our strikers offer no threat and the midfield create next to nothing.

Can someone show Church how to kick the ball please.
  • Sponsored links:

• A lot of hard work but little quality from either side.

Our strikers haven't won a header in two games now desperately need some back up for Kerms.

When Kerms is back with his hold up play we will create more chances but we can't rely on one player
  • edited October 2013
    Great to keep our 1st clean sheet of the season. However, 1 win in 10 games this season is clearly relegation form. It's difficult to see where the goals we need to win games are going to come from. Our strike force is too inexperienced & lightweight.
  • Ok first half, nearly fell asleep in the second. Good to get a clean sheet. Another encouraging performance from Cousins and I thought Wood was solid again. Nice touches from Sordell but no real chances were created for him. Yann is sorely missed as we have no threat from crosses without him. Didn't think we looked in danger of conceding apart from the Wilson mistake near the end.
  • Paul Ince and Alex Rae - it was never going to be free flowing....

Pretty drab. Neither defence troubled really. Important to go into the break with a couple of points as opposed to a couple of defeats

• Clean sheet the only real plus point. We look like relegation contenders in every other respect

. I guess we're just waiting for Yann, and at times today we were so lacking in ideas and intensity it felt like our players were doing just that...
  • Two teams who looked like they were happy with a draw.
    Watching today made me realise we really are going to struggle with Sordell or Church in the side.
    Sordell is a lazy bugger . He doesn't jump for the ball , he doesn't make any runs and when he does get the ball , falls over.
    Can't knock Church for his effort but I think he's just not good enough .
    Blackpool looked like scoring more than us but they were no great shakes either.
  • Two teams who looked like they were happy with a draw.
    Watching today made me realise we really are going to struggle with Sordell or Church in the side.
    Sordell is a lazy bugger . He doesn't jump for the ball , he doesn't make any runs and when he does get the ball , falls over.
    Can't knock Church for his effort but I think he's just not good enough .
    Blackpool looked like scoring more than us but they were no great shakes either.

It's a shame we can't combine Church's effort with Sordell's quality - buy I guess that player wouldn't play for us if we could !
  • 1 win in 10. Relegation form. Nuff said. As others have said where is the next win coming from?
  • edited October 2013
    Not a bad game. Shame our match winners are injured (or have been released!)

Maybe Stewart would have been more suited to where Harriot played as he does not lose the ball much and is daring.
  • Less than 25% into the season, think Yeovil and Barnsley are going to struggle all season we are currently poor enough to join them but with Yann, Jacko and Solly all out I would hope we have enough about us to escape the drop. With the off field stagnation I would be happy with 4th from bottom come May...this season is all about next season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Enjoyed the first half. Bored in the second. Problem must be obvious to everyone.
  • mendonca said:

Not a bad game. Shame our matchwinners are all injured. Mayne Stewart would have been more suited to where Harriot played as he does not lose the ball much and is daring.

Our one match winner, Yann! One man team!
  • We played some nice neat football to feet and I thought our centre was the best I have seen it for a long time. Cousins is a revelation. The defence looked less than comfortable on a number of occasions but did ok. Negatives are solely regarding our attack which is almost a contradiction in terms. Church runs and tries but carries no threat whatsoever and after advocating giving Sordell a fair crack of the whip I am now in the camp that thinks he is lazy and disinterested. With Yann out for any length of time we are in big trouble as the three forwards we have will not score enough goals. This is something that needs very urgent attention.
  • I would recall smith, send Sordell back and bring Obika in.
  • One word, Yann.
    They game cried out for him. Not a terrible performance by any means, but you can't win without scoring and we don't look as if we are about to do a lot of that.
  • mendonca said:

Not a bad game. Shame our matchwinners are all injured. Maybe Stewart would have been more suited to where Harriot played as he does not lose the ball much and is daring.

Our one match winner, Yann! One man team!
    Lets not forget our captain and leading scorer last season!
  • Oh for just a smidge in investment in the summer. We were decent up until 25 yards out.

Saw NSS at half time and he said that Callum was Lloyd Sam Mk.2 and I'm beginning to see that, end product is questionable.

We're doing better and looking stronger and more solid but are really lacking in creativity quality to unlock the chances.

Still, more positive than negatives but we need a win straight away post-international break.
  • We huffed and we puffed but we couldn't blow their house down. Plus points were the defence, we never looked like conceding and the defensive midfielders. Jordan Cousins was outstanding and looked like he's been on the scene for years - unlucky not to score. Negative points were we didn't have any width and our strikers didn't look like they could break through the skin on a rice pudding. Hope the next couple of weeks allows us enough time to bring back our talisman from injury.
  • lets not forget we wernt doing too well when they wernt injured,this squad still needs strengthening PDQ
  • Didn't reach the heights of Tuesday. Was by no means a terrible performance but our strikers plus Harriott looked impotent.
    Blackpool are a big team who came for a draw or to nick a win by using their long throw. We handled them fairly easily I thought.
    Wood was solid enough, Wilson added further lapses of concentration to those of Tuesday evening.
    Cousins assured and Stephens busy. He also made some vital contributions in defending our box.
    I'd like to see Yann and Sordell up top when Yann returns. Sordell has a decent touch but is not a target man.