Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Life's Ultimate "Best Towns"

12346»

Comments

• Options
    fattmatt said:

For me my previous towns Dorking, Reigate and my current home, Claygate. All in stunning countryside.

I was in Claygate,Surrey last night at The Swan booza - very nice it was too - apart from my ears buzzing from the decibel level from a group of Spanish birds who dont 'alf shout when they've had a few !

Just saying.
  • Options
    I've grown to love Faversham. Incredible maritime history and has its own Magana Carta. It has a very mixed community and the arts are really taking hold. An independent cinema, wild marshes, Thames barges, home of Shepherd Neame, lot's of bars and the cafe culture has taken hold. Sunshine, fresh fish, food markets and antiques markets and no chain stores apart from a Tesco. Quite a lot of characters and just a friendly and welcoming place to be. Try visit on market day ( Saturday), walk and relax.
  • Options
    I have just been to Stevenage
  • Options
    Saw something that summed up Hastings today as I drove through the town centre today a large lady in a tracksuit leaning on a lampost scratching off a scratch card ,holding a staffy on a lead I feel a song coming on
  • Options
    Ive been visiting Ironbridge a lot over the last week, along with Coalbrookdale, Jacksfield,and Coalport, a great haven of old industrial sites, woodlands and the river Severn. All a Carlsberg can throw away from bleak dodgy Telford housing estates.
  • Options
    edited September 2014

Harrogate is very nice.

I'd like to end up living somewhere like Harrogate in later life.
  • Options

Saw something that summed up Hastings today as I drove through the town centre today a large lady in a tracksuit leaning on a lampost scratching off a scratch card ,holding a staffy on a lead I feel a song coming on

Millwall top bird ! Wasn't Miss Maloney was it ?