Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

AM - Arctic Monkeys

Comments

• Options
    Anyone get tickets? I missed out unfortunately
  • Options
    Tried for 4 and got 1.
  • Options
    Got 2 at 3:30pm as i forgot
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    The album leaked this morning if you're unable to wait until Friday for the official release.
  • Options
    A very slow tempo album, ok on the first listen.
    Maybe not '4 stars out of 5', more 3 out of 5.
  • Options

Full album here.
  • Options
    These first two tracks sound like Arctic Monkeys Plays Elevator Music. Hoping it picks up...
  • Options
    ... Nope, now Alex Turner is doing a mediocre David Bowie tribute.
  • Options
    Quick caveat - I think the leak as posted above is at slightly the wrong speed, as none of these songs seem to be in a true key centre (they're a quarter tone between two different keys I think).
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:

It took you two whole minutes to come to that conclusion.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Howells said:

PaddyP17 said:

Immediately as I finished posting one thing, there was a distinct moment where this happened.

If the link wasn't compromised, I'd give you an exact timestamp, but there was a particularly gauche moment probably around the 10 minute mark?
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:

Howells said:

PaddyP17 said:

Immediately as I finished posting one thing, there was a distinct moment where this happened.

If the link wasn't compromised, I'd give you an exact timestamp, but there was a particularly gauche moment probably around the 10 minute mark?
    @Howells found it. It's at the very start of American Sports, which follows directly on from One Point Perspective. Link below:

• Options
    If anyone wants to swop AM tickets at O2 for 9/9 for another night - seated block 418 can you let me know
  • Options
    kimbo said:

If anyone wants to swop AM tickets at O2 for 9/9 for another night - seated block 418 can you let me know

I looked for you, but we're going the same night.
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    PaddyP17 said:

Quick caveat - I think the leak as posted above is at slightly the wrong speed, as none of these songs seem to be in a true key centre (they're a quarter tone between two different keys I think).

It's been marginally sped up. I'm not sure why, maybe to avoid copyright detection of some sort.

There are better quality leaks out including FLAC. Try 'Kingdom Leaks' if you want better quality.
  • Options
    Got tickets through work, although I may be away on holiday.

I have queried though whether I am seeing a tribute band, who play off the back of a set comprising a lorry.

Our Events Team are showing it as the Artic Monkeys!! :smile:
  • Options

kimbo said:

I stupidly booked for a day we are coming back from Brussels, arrrive ebbsfleet at 19:45!

I looked for you, but we're going the same night.
  • Options

PaddyP17 said:

It's been marginally sped up. I'm not sure why, maybe to avoid copyright detection of some sort.

There are better quality leaks out including FLAC. Try 'Kingdom Leaks' if you want better quality.
    Or you could like....

wait until tomorrow?

Ya kno ;)
  • Options
    its no from me on the new album
  • Options
    Slowly growing on me to be fair, but I’m a big Stanley kubrick fan and I feel like there’s a Stanley Kubrick vibe on the album (2001 and a clockwork orange)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    “Four out of five” and “star treatment” stand out to me on first listen, the former very Bowie-esque

No doubt my my personal favourites will change
  • Options
    I quiet like what I've heard so far, they've been changing over the past 10 years, and if people think Alex should still be writing songs about WKD and chavs, you're on something
  • Options
    Rothko said:

I quiet like what I've heard so far, they've been changing over the past 10 years, and if people think Alex should still be writing songs about WKD and chavs, you're on something

It happens to bands when they get older. The red hot chilli peppers make boring pop songs nowadays (which in their last couple of albums haven’t been very good), but back in the day they were a funk metal band talking about getting 99 women to suck his dick but he stopped cos he heard a phone ring.

I agree, I also can spot some lyrics in this album that is basically mocking those that wouldn’t like their new sound “I just wanted to be one of the strokes now look at the mess you’ve made”
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    Best thing they've done since Humbug (maybe with the exception of dropping R U Mine? out of the blue)
  • Options
    Is this album growing on anyone yet? I'm struggling to get into it. I like four out of five but the rest have got nothing about them..
  • Options
    agim said:

Is this album growing on anyone yet? I'm struggling to get into it. I like four out of five but the rest have got nothing about them..

It’s growing a little on me.
    Still looking for a ticket swop for O2. Have tickets for the 9/9.
  • Options
    Got all their albums but after 3 plays my considered opinion is it's absolute dog shit.
  • Options
    edited May 2018

Got all their albums but after 3 plays my considered opinion is it's absolute dog shit.

This. Love them, great live band, love every single album, thought AM was their best yet, and no, I don't expect them to still be writing songs about nights out in Sheffield, but except for Four out of Five it's not an album I'm enjoying and am giving up on it.
  • Options
    i like the ultracheese, but i'm a miserable git and love a sad song.
  • Options

This. Love them, great live band, love every single album, thought AM was their best yet, and no, I don't expect them to still be writing songs about nights out in Sheffield, but except for Four out of Five it's not an album I'm enjoying and am giving up on it.
    My feelings exactly. When album 1 came out I was just leaving school and it felt relevant. As I've got older the albums have seemed to move with us but not this one. Trying to be different I get that and it's ballsy but this is a backward step