Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Florent Rouamba (new signing CONFIRMED)

Comments

• Options
    Rouamba is history.
  • Options
    dickplumb said:

Rouamba is history.

Don't leave it like that.
  • Options
    Cory Gibbs in disguise...........
  • Options
    May well tell us something if Hollands is in ahead of him, given Hollands has basically been deemed not good enough this year.
  • Options
    Not really.

CP might not think the guys ready to be thrown in against a decent boro side yet.

A good pre season, few friendlies and take his time to break the guy into the English game.

Don't see the rush at this stage of the season.
  • Options

Not really.

CP might not think the guys ready to be thrown in against a decent boro side yet.

A good pre season, few friendlies and take his time to break the guy into the English game.

Don't see the rush at this stage of the season.

Except he doesn't have a contract for next season.
  • Options
    I did not know that.
  • Options
    Neither do a lot of first team players at the moment.
  • Options
    Scoham said:

No, but they aren't on short term deals so we can take a better look at them. Now we can't make the play-offs he might at least get a spot on the bench but if we've signed him thinking he might be good enough for the first team it'd make sense to play him at least once before he's a free agent again, otherwise why did we bother signing him just to watch him train.
  • Options

Scoham said:

No, but they aren't on short term deals so we can take a better look at them. Now we can't make the play-offs he might at least get a spot on the bench but if we've signed him thinking he might be good enough for the first team it'd make sense to play him at least once before he's a free agent again, otherwise why did we bother signing him just to watch him train.
    Was a punt that probably cost very little. He's got decent pedigree but not here so I think it was good business to have a look see. He's been with us now for about two months so obviously not pulled up any trees otherwise I think we might have had a glimpse of him. Sounds about 40/60 that we ever will now.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Is he still with us or not ?
  • Options

Hate to say" I told you so" but...
  • Options
    Most trialists don't work out but I'd rather we keep having a look at them. Look at Pritchard. Fuller was once a unknown trialist as well.

If he had been linked with us but ended up signing for Palace or Millwall and doing well some would be moaning about our scouting system and Powell's judgement/knowledge.
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Most trialists don't work out but I'd rather we keep having a look at them. Look at Pritchard. Fuller was once a unknown trialist as well.

If he had been linked with us but ended up signing for Palace or Millwall and doing well some would be moaning about our scouting system and Powell's judgement/knowledge.

Yes. Much better to try him out than miss out on the next unexpected hit like Morisson, Austin etc. He certainly SOUNDED like a destroyer (traditionally limited players) who could play a bit and these are rare. So you can see the thinking. If it didn't work out then never mind. Only so many trips to Moldova a scout can make anyway, probably cheaper to pay his wages!
  • Options
    I think he has gone
  • Options

I think he has gone

He hardly came!

• Options
    And left without a whimper
  • Options
    So has he gone or not ? I'll ask Murray on Wednesday if we don't know for sure.
  • Options
    Starinnaddick said:
    » show previous quotes
    Can anyone confirm this ?

I posted this On the other thread where it came up

Obviously i can only say what i have been told and i have to accept it as true

The response i just got when i asked was

" I think he may well have as i havent seen him around lately but no one has said anything about it "

• Options
    I can also confirm that I was told he had left the Club.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bit of a "Brother of George Weah" about all this, eh?
  • Options
    Well he was training at Sparrows Lane the Thursday before last...I saw him. Looked like Kelly Youga when he had his dreads.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Not really, SA, no - he's hardly an imposter, suspect if he has gone he just wasn't good enough - doesn't mean he was Ali Dia bad.
  • Options
    NLN no I was referring to the signing him up "unseen" allegation...
  • Options
    Dunno fanny I asked the question buddy and got that answer

Like I say all the response was really was to say he hadn't seen him around lately but no one had said anything about him going
  • Options
    Might need Interpol on this one
  • Options

We could have an entire team of Charlton fantasy players who came and then disappeared in a puff of smoke before kicking a football.
  • Options

NLN no I was referring to the signing him up "unseen" allegation...

Thought he trained with us before we offered the contract?
  • Options
    We'll see if he's at the POTY next Sunday.
  • Options

We'll see if he's at the POTY next Sunday.

I'd be suprised if he is , considering he can't speak a word of English